User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Best Mufflers DP

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    lol.. let the ECU get its head around the ability to exhale..

A DP is prob the number one biggest power mod you can do (appart for a bigger turbo or NOS..).. youll notice the power.. just be gently to your car while its finding its feet.

Enjoy its a nice piece

Doc
    sooooo, on the way home i shouldnt have made that BMW 330c's passenger turn to him and go "dude, you got your ass handed to you by a mazda"?
    loud exhaust at idle... very keen for everyone to hear his music... liked using full throttle at the lights... after 4-5 times set of lights i'd had enough...

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

will provide an update on how it's all going in a few weeks after it's had a chance to "bed in"
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 15-09-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

So you're noticing a nice grumble now? Power coming on a little quicker? Certainly. Better note at idle. I "only" got about 14kw out of it. Have you dyno'd the car recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    So you're noticing a nice grumble now? Power coming on a little quicker? Certainly. Better note at idle. I "only" got about 14kw out of it. Have you dyno'd the car recently?
    got car dyno'ed a few months ago...
    DP was litterally installed yesterday, and i drove ~15km back home
    dyno coming up end of october at tunehouse who use a temperature controlled environment to dyno cars, not planning anything else before then, so should be able to give a decent idea as to how it's affected the gains power
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

do you have a before dyno from tunehouse already mate?

Any news on the CEL & O2 sensor fix for the BM DP?

This is probably stating the obvious but I've noted the car sounds different when it's throwing a P2096 CEL, especially top end max. It's more of a crackling bark. My Garmin HD Ecoroute tells me the CEL is something to do with "leaning out". I confident there are no fuels issues there, but would the CEL prompt the car to make the fuel mix more rich? I've noticed my exhaust tips get so black even after a couple of days.

So today I have no CEL and the exhaust is a little muted, deeper maybe. Less fuel? Less crackle and pop?

Hope the guys come up with a fix soon. Really don't want that CEL there at my next factory service.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Any news on the CEL & O2 sensor fix for the BM DP?

This is probably stating the obvious but I've noted the car sounds different when it's throwing a P2096 CEL, especially top end max. It's more of a crackling bark. My Garmin HD Ecoroute tells me the CEL is something to do with "leaning out". I confident there are no fuels issues there, but would the CEL prompt the car to make the fuel mix more rich? I've noticed my exhaust tips get so black even after a couple of days.

So today I have no CEL and the exhaust is a little muted, deeper maybe. Less fuel? Less crackle and pop?

Hope the guys come up with a fix soon. Really don't want that CEL there at my next factory service.
    I think the ECU will try to resolve the issue the DP is giving to a point. Then when it can't do any more, it throws a CEL.

If the DP is leaning the car out (or making the ECU think that) the ECU will add more fuel. When the ECU goes outside its limitations, the CEL will appear.

Some cars have a "limp home" mode when the CEL is lit up. The MPS may be doing the same sort of thing, but, not an extremly different tune.

Food for thought.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

8. Default

Unfortunately not fixed yet, with the latest fix my car got 750km before it came on. This is double the kms I've had with it any other way. Be assured that testing IS going on constantly. I would like to have this sorted too.

9. Default

No love for the 6 yet I assume?

I've been CEL free for 5 days. For GENII's, Best Mufflers should at least fit a 200 cell cat and move the O2 sensor after it. Actually makes slot if sense. Will keep you posted.

I've been CEL free for 5 days. For GENII's, Best Mufflers should at least fit a 200 cell cat and move the O2 sensor after it. Actually makes slot if sense. Will keep you posted.
    Fix it, or have it fixed (by me, I might add)

Or just buy mine. It's probably cheaper too.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Still running CEL free since the cat install. If you're still having these problems Troys 200 CEL cat is your solution.

A thread revival - I know, but I did a search and couldn't find any more recent news. Does Chris still make these excellent downpipes and has the design improved to stop the CEL on the 2nd gen MPS?

Give Chris a ring , CEL was due to 100 cell high flow cat. You can buy much cheaper now from USA and have NO issues.
    I solved my issue by extending Sensor harness and repositioning 2nd sensor behind 100cel cat NOT in front.

How'd this for coincidence. Seems the flex joint has a split, so I have an exhaust leak, not huge, but you can hear it. Muffler Mart at Rocklea will have to remove the DP (ouch) weld in another / better flex joint.

Did I consider a new DP, yes, but it would turn a $400 job into something over a 1000, so no. Staying with the BBK DP.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 19-03-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415