User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on These Wheels Needed.

I have been also under the impression that Lenso and Tenzo are related, have seen in many wheel websites Tenzo wheels listed under Lenso.

I have lenso rims on mine and they are perfectly good wheels and very light, they have hit some serious potholes and havnt buckled.
    But in saying that, as dad said before both he and my brother have rotas and if I was to buy another set of rims they would be rotas.
    See them side by side and the rotas just somehow look better quality and better finished

Brad I wasn't referring to the pic I was commenting on what I had on the 2 and if the Tenzo is an offset or brand from Lenso so be it......

I still stand firm and would pick the Lenso over the Rotas....

like I said the qualityy and value for $$$$ is on par......well the Lenso's u can save a qiud....

4. Default

Stevie looks like you got lots of opinions in you 'opinions' thread now

Both of these wheels appear to be cheap variants of existing authentic wheels.

The Tenzo is similar to the SSR Competition wheels

, and the Rota looks similar to a Prodrive P1/Advan

Quote Originally Posted by steviekfc View Post

18x8
    Tenzo DC-6 V1

or

18x7.5
    Rota GRA

also any possible photoshops on a black mps3 would be appreciated!
    Last edited by lucifuge; 11-04-2010 at 02:46 PM.

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

Irrespective of looks and price ROTA have one huge advantage THE ONLY AFTERMARKET RIMS CLOSE TO THE CORRECT OFFSET.

I looked at Buddy Club, RAYS, OZ Racing & Volks, all didn't have correct offset in 18x8. The OZ Racing came only in gold with the correct offset. Most rims with above 48mm offset were either 7 1/2" or 8 1/2" not in 18x8's
    Last edited by rd415; 11-04-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: pressed enter too soon

Absolutely Russell. Offset is a top level filter in this game, and unfortunately Mazda uses such damn high offsets...makes it damn hard

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    Irrespective of looks and price ROTA have one huge advantage THE ONLY AFTERMARKET RIMS CLOSE TO THE CORRECT OFFSET.

I looked at Buddy Club, RAYS, OZ Racing & Volks, all didn't have correct offset in 18x8. The OZ Racing came only in gold with the correct offset. Most rims with above 48mm offset were either 7 1/2" or 8 1/2" not in 18x8's

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

Dead right Brett, after the failure of painting the RX8 rims, I searched and was prepared to pay top dollar for the correct size rims, but sadly 18x8 aftermarket rims don't come with the Mazda 50mm offset.

Would still be driving on the RX8 rims probably if they were powdercoated instead of painted. They looked great and fitted perfectly, pity about the continual stone chips.

Just by the way - there were quite a few options on 19" wheels with the correct offset when I looked around but love my tyres and couldn't get then in 19"
    Last edited by rd415; 11-04-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: add 19" rims

Yeah I don't know whether you could say 19's would be optimal for the MPS6 (they could well be), but certainly 19's would definitely suit the car. I think 19's would be my choice for looks, not sure how performance would be affected. Personally I feel 18's look too small for the car.

This is possibly my fav MPS6 I've ever seen. The wheels are either 19's or 20's but the fill the gaps perfectly and are 'large' enough to really balance the car.

Were tyres just not available or in crazy size and/or very expensive?

"Were tyres just not available or in crazy size and/or very expensive?"

The brand and type of tyres I have are no longer imported into the country. A real shame as I have found then sensational. South African made under licence from Bridgestone - a bit noisy on real smooth surfaces, but sensational handling wet or dry, and a very agressive tread pattern (almost semi-slicks) and so far no signs of wear. (only 15,000 k though)

19" rims, I agree they look great but have their disadvantages. As Dave can justify on the Apollo Road Run, we all hit the same pothole at approx the same pace - but he suffered the only bent rim on his 19"

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    19" rims, I agree they look great but have their disadvantages. As Dave can justify on the Apollo Road Run, we all hit the same pothole at approx the same pace - but he suffered the only bent rim on his 19"
    And that is exactly the reason why I refuse to put a 35 series tyre on my RX8GT rims.

Might increase my rolling diameter a bit using the 40 series, but a bit more padding, and it also helps correct my speedo.

Win win
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12