User Tag List

Thread: 18x8 +45 - GMAX Defiant - with 225/40 tyres

Default 18x8 +45 - GMAX Defiant - with 225/40 tyres

I have just been rim shopping this afternoon and have been offered a set of GMax defiants.

have been quoted $800, fitted/balanced, etc - just for the rims (they will use the tyres I have which are 225/40 and are about 12 months old with plenty of tread).

Gmax Rim weighs roughly about 10kg.

Is this a good price or should I get the Tenzo Type M in dark grey at $265 a rim (delivered only)? These weigh about 9kg. (23lbs)

here are the Gmax's:
    http://www.gmaxwheels.com/img/wheels320/DEFIANT-I.png

Here are the Tenzo's:
    http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...ined_black.jpg

i like both rims,but i would go the tenzo's

3. Default

Id go the Tenzo too, the machined face black will leave them looking a hell of a lot cleaner too ... trust me

And the Tenzo come right to the very outer lip of the rim so they will look bigger on the car then the Gmax and they are lighter ... win win

Oh one last thing once your tyres wear out get some 235/40/18 for them so many more options and much cheaper too
    Last edited by blackbetty; 09-04-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

unfortunately I can't find anyone who is selling the machined faced tenzo's - my choice was either the titanuim or the machined black.
    apparently they are phasing out this style.

5. Default

arent the ones in your pic machined face black ones ... so they are all black and just the face of them is machined finish ?

what about these guys http://wheelworx.com.au/tenzo.html
    Last edited by blackbetty; 09-04-2010 at 09:47 PM.

yeah, called them, no more.
    Taleb tyres are the sole and only distributor in australia for Tenzo rims.

the other option are these:

but i would love the magnesium blue titaniums - they would match my silver so nicely!

i like the tenzos too. they look tougher

Definatley the Tenzo's mate!!!

Go with Rota - I'm not biased or anything - Easy to clean and keep clean and oh soooo light!!!!

I had similar to the GMax on my Commodore - required a toothbrush and lot's of effort to clean between spokes and around outer rim.

10. Default

I'm sure there will be people that disagree with me, but I can not stand cheap (relative term) wheels. They do look cheap and common.

I have seen those GMax wheels on so many cars it is almost not funny. From Commonwhores, Falcons, WRX's and more.

They are trying to be BBS LM's but are no where near the mark.

The Tenzo's are very similar to some Enkei's EKM3's

Last edited by Crusher_13; 11-04-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    I'm sure there will be people that disagree with me, but I can not stand cheap (relative term) wheels. They do look cheap and common.
    I'm in total agreement. A lot of these cheaper brands offer a cheaper variant of an existing authentic wheel. If you end up paying only 1/3 (for example) of the cost of an authentic wheel, you have to ask yourself, what am i actually getting for that money ??
    Last edited by lucifuge; 11-04-2010 at 02:48 PM.

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

12. Default

I like the GMAX Defiants, not that I'm biased or anything since I had them on my RX7 Heh.
    As previously stated, yes they're a bitch to clean but I loved them.
    There are a lot of other wheels that look pretty much identical to the Defiants so it seems like there is heaps of cars with them.

But in saying that, comparing the 2 wheels, I'd say go with the Tenzos.
    Last edited by Ms Mazda; 22-04-2010 at 05:37 PM.