User Tag List

Thread: oil consumption

Default oil consumption

hi new to the site and just wanting to know how much oil you guys are using if any we have an 08 mps 3 with 8k car is stock apart from k&n and airbox mod.its not burning that much. i run elf 10-40 semi at this stage just want to know about other peoples cars

HellionXR6T Guest

Well mine has been fairly minimal, using Castrol Edge 0W40 with similiar mods, just a cat back zorst and K&N filter.

Mobil 10W-40 here and hardly any oil usage, the level barely moves between services.

Mine burnt ~0.3 Litres in the first 10,000km running Castrol Edge 5w30, now running a thicker Royal Purple 10w40, hasn't used any thus far.

5. Default

Running Castrol Edge Sport 0W-40 since the last service. Done just over 4,000km now since the 15,000km service (which was a 20,000km schedule service - total kays todate is approx 19,000km) and almost at the interim 5,000km oil change. Added only an extra ~100ml before treking up to 1770 (between Bundy and Gladstone). Checked the oil after that round trip after cool down this afternoon, and no change in level.
    ------------------------------ Double post merged ------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by 08mps View Post
    hi new to the site and just wanting to know how much oil you guys are using if any we have an 08 mps 3 with 8k car is stock apart from k&n and airbox mod.its not burning that much. i run elf 10-40 semi at this stage just want to know about other peoples cars
    At the 10,000km service, request Castrol Edge Sport 0W-40, and no less. Costs more, but makes a hell of a difference over time (less wear and better at high revs)
    Last edited by Wardski; 02-01-2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Double post merged