User Tag List

Thread: HID lights

Default HID lights

Hey guys,

I personally bought a set of H11 HID lights recently for my 2010. They were a straight plug in and work like a dream. Me and my brother are going to order a few sets as I want to put them in my fog lights and he wants to do his low beam and fog lights too.

The company that i ordered them from was more than happy to offer a discount for a larger order.

The details are as follows.
    35w (this is heaps brighter than the standard bulbs that are 55w)
    Slim line ballasts that are easy to mount and smaller than most on the market
    choice of colored bulb (I went 6000K diamond white and looks awesome)
    Plug and play harness that I installed in around 25mins
    This set is only for low bean.
    Can be used for the fog lights
    On my car they turn on and heat up with a small flicker (first 1-2 seconds) then never flicker when driving.

Price:
    1-5 sets $115
    6-10 sets $110
    10-15 sets $105
    15-20 sets $100

+ any shipping

I will have to see how we can ship them either they send them out or they send the lot to me and send each out separately. (will also have to see if shipping to everyone straight from the supplier may change the price slightly).

These are proven on my 2010 and I assume will be just as good on the 2006+ but I have yet to test.

IMG_0390..jpgIMG_0379..jpgIMG_0380..jpg
    Last edited by owhat; 10-04-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Blog Entries

brand?

Will it work on 05 MPS6 foglight? If so, I'm keen.

im unsure of the brand but did include a picture of the box if it helps.

there shouldnt be any reason why they wont. it will be a different globe to the h11 in the 2010 but thats not a problem as you can get any globe.

done 300kms of night driving all up on them and havent been flashed by anyone.

5. Default

uh did you know if you've selected Ozmps white template instead of the default black, your white font in the OP is totally invisible?

anyway i've got a set of these exact HIDs and they're not bad!

Quick suggestion, dont put them in your driving lights (lower lights on front bar) that is now why it is illegal to use them unless in poor conditions, cause people go putting bright lights in there that blind other drivers.

Best thing for them is a yellow bulb, and use them as fog lights, cause if your driving in fog or heavy rain and you turn your HIDs on you wont see eiter further that 5mts in front of the car, bright white reflects and will cause glare, yellow wont and you will still be able to see

Just a suggestion. .
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

So glad i bought a Sports version....where its factory and legal.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Im not opting for fog lights now LILZLR. After thinking about it i will change to some other form of standard globe. On the US forum there is a few people using the HID in there lower fog lights thats where i got the idea from.

I compared my lights to a 2010 MPS LUX and they are almost the same. There is a slight colour difference but the beam is perfect. The standard projector lens in the headlight is set up to work well with the HID.

Im happy for you Duglet but the $3000 i saved on the lux Vs Base model and it only cost me $120 for the HID's personal im happy,

Also i was behind a highway patrol last night on the freeway for 25kms and he didnt care one bit.

I have 2 sets accounted for,
    Oynx: if your still interested please tell me the size of the bulb and i will confrim they have it
    if anyone else is interested let me know.

cheers