User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to Sell 370Z - 2010 Mazda 3 MPS??

1. Default Need to Sell 370Z - 2010 Mazda 3 MPS??

Just want to say hi to everyone, looks like a good community you have going here.

Long story short, I am currently driving a 370z and my girlfriend is now pregnant, So I need to sell the Z and get something with more than 2 seats. Previous Car was XR6T with 350rwkw, great performance and power, but usual ford reliability issues especially with driveline, like tailshaft, diff bushes, clunks etc. Only thing stopping me from getting a FG XR6T

The Z is great little performer and love the instant power of the NA. Engine is harsh and a few dash rattles here and there and occasional clunk in gearbox/diff if you dont drive it right.

I am looking for a new 2010 MPS 3 Lux. $40K would be my limit.
    1) Think thats possible? Im in sydney.
    2) And is it a solid reliable car? I want to avoid creaks, rattles and any clunks in driveline, is the MPS safe in this regard?
    3) Oh and it will of course become a daily drive for the girlfriend with the baby and then I get to drive it on weekends

thanks everyone

Default Re: Need to Sell 370Z - 2010 Mazda 3 MPS??

You may need to bump your budget up a little for a 10 lux. And changing gears is farelly noisy in the gen1s. Hope u find what your looking for. Congrats on the baby

Upgrade the misses?

Yeah I'd say the same as what Corey said, Upgrade the other half and keep the Z

Hehe I'm mean, but seriously, 40k for a luxury model, no way laydee.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by langer5489 View Post
    ... And changing gears is farelly noisy in the gen1s...
    Did some searching and looks like a few are reporting clunky gear noises on the gen 2. Can anyone advise more on this, I really dont like gearbox or driveline noises especially on new cars as they will only every get worse
    My 370z has a clunk from 1st to 2nd but only when its cold - warmed up its fine.

I do find the Gen2 first and second gears a bit clunky, and sometimes first is a bit stiff get engaged if I'm rolling to a stop...if a nice gearbox is one of your main criteria, take an XR5 for a drive, they have a very very nice gear shift feel.

I only have a clunk when I change to quickly.

You might have issue with a Lux under $40k but a standard you should be able to do without any issues.

Default Re: Need to Sell 370Z - 2010 Mazda 3 MPS??

Book a test drive and you will know for sure

9. Default

not sure how pregnant your wife is but the MY11 WRX is looking pretty hot and could probably be had for around $40K ... not sure about inside build quality though if it will be impreved .... yes i know this is an MPS forum ...so now my MPS/Mazda hat ... have you considered a used MPS6

When i got car, i found it hard goin to 2-3 if i shifted too fast...but now i have no issues...
    as for the clunks.....its news to me...

only clunk i hear is front suspension if i do a full lock

but as above, 2011 wrx looks quite nice...and apparently the interior has been upgraded too....havent seen pics yet.

Shame you can't keep the 370Z, it was the car I was going to buy, but just couldn't do it coz it only had the 2 seats.

The Gen 2 MPS is great, I love my car, but I have to say if I was driving the kids around all day I wouldn't buy one. It is great for me on my own and I take my kid around a bit on the weekend in my car, as she loves going fast, but it is not an easy car with a kid.

And when they are rear facing in their car seats it will be a very tight fit for everyone. Plus having to bend down low to get them in and out of the car will do anyones back in. Everyone I know that has kids and a small or reasonably low car to the ground hate their cars and just want to buy a bigger car. Lots of them love the Dualis, coz it is not too big but is raised off the ground a bit. Or any similar car really.

Oh and my gear box is great only clunks are when it is both cold and I change too quickly or do a poor change.

I would have thought $40k for the luxury 2010 would have been pushing it a bit.

Just my 2 cents worth.

If you bargain hard you could get an 10 mps 3 for about $41-41500 in a lux.

The prices on them seem to have dropped a bit.

Hell, my replacement POV pack was only $38500

I don't see why you couldn't get a new lux for $40k. Will have to shop around though.

But...check possible kid seat space in the back, it may be too cramped.

I Agree that back seat space in a 3 MPS would be tight for a rear-facing baby seat: essential and the law for the first 6 months or so.

May want to check on the fit of that b4 worrying about clunky gear changes...

Good luck with your car hunting!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post

[/SIZE][/FONT]but as above, 2011 wrx looks quite nice...and apparently the interior has been upgraded too....havent seen pics yet.
    I've seen a picture of the 2011 STi and it looked exactly the same as the current model (i.e. boooooring), I'll try and find a link....
    'oh, that's what that yellow car is for, I thought it was the "you're doing great" light!'

One of the things I would like to point out however, is that is you are looking at a smallish 4 door hatch, the Mazda 3 has the best interior space for length and headroom and boot space. But as I said before there are other alternatives (actually cheaper) such as the Dualis that for small families really are easier.

17. Default

Thanks everyone for your responses. I am going to try and check out the MPS this weekend, my girlfriend and I really like the look of it, saw a grey one tonight and its looked awesome. Will take on board the comments regarding room for rear facing baby seat too

Later

Id go for an RX8 if you want something with 4 seats and they handle better than the MPS. The engine and gear changes are smooth as butter :-) The back seats are easy to get kids in and out with the suicide doors and the corner better than the MPS as well. It I hadnt already have owned one back in NZ I would have gone for another one over the MPS I now have. For me the MPS is like a teenager on 20 cans of Red Bull, its fun but doesnt have the same poise and soul as the RX8. Both woudl eb fien for kids , I guess it depends if you want the Q-car look in the hatch or not.

19. Default

go and test drive a 2nd hand MPS6 .. you wont be sorry and more than enough room for kids ... handling is supurb

Quote Originally Posted by nzjono View Post
    Id go for an RX8 if you want something with 4 seats and they handle better than the MPS. The engine and gear changes are smooth as butter :-) The back seats are easy to get kids in and out with the suicide doors and the corner better than the MPS as well. It I hadnt already have owned one back in NZ I would have gone for another one over the MPS I now have. For me the MPS is like a teenager on 20 cans of Red Bull, its fun but doesnt have the same poise and soul as the RX8. Both woudl eb fien for kids , I guess it depends if you want the Q-car look in the hatch or not.
    Ditto on this.

While grip levels are no doubt comparable in both cars, there's no comparison in the handling; the Rx8 is much better, further; the gearbox in the Rx8 is one of the best you'll find. Don't expect the same power as the 370Z, nor the delivery of it. Having said that, it's one of those cars you feeling amazingly connected too.. a true drivers car. Only downside to the 8 (and this is a guess on my part), but I wouldn't imagine the rear seats nor the access to them would be great for a baby seat down the track. I could be wrong, but I could see i being a problem. Either MPS 3 or 6 would be far more practical down the track when bubs is born.

Also, how will you survive going from FR layout to FF???
    Last edited by lucifuge; 10-04-2010 at 10:30 PM.

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast