User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to Sell 370Z - 2010 Mazda 3 MPS??

if it doesn't strictly have to be an 2010 plate, BL lux pack can it can be easy done for under 40k.. 2009 MAZDA 3 MPS LUXURY BL Series 1 Cars For Sale in SA - CarPoint Australia

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by langer5489 View Post
    ... And changing gears is farelly noisy in the gen1s
    Huh? I dont think so! Gen2 has the same box, just different ratios... If you have a clunky trans, replace the stock Rear Engine mount for a stronger one (eg. add bushes, or replace with a Street Unit or CPE mount). Its proven to improve the gear changes 200%

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    ..But...check possible kid seat space in the back, it may be too cramped.
    A rear facing capsule fits, but your front passenger then becomes a behind the driver passenger, unless you're a 4 foot midget with no legs. Another reason I upgraded to the STi - tonnes more room!

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Perth Andy View Post
    One of the things I would like to point out however, is that is you are looking at a smallish 4 door hatch, the Mazda 3 has the best interior space for length and headroom and boot space. But as I said before there are other alternatives (actually cheaper) such as the Dualis that for small families really are easier.
    No... The WRX has more room (My STi has way more passenger space - but the boot space is reduced (the catch)... Thats a fact, especially with the rear facing capsule. The Dualis!! The Dualis is a frigging cramped POS and worse than a Mazda 3. If you're a "small" family (small as in short), this one is definately for you! Perth Andy, suggest you go test drive a few of these before you post any more IMO if you want an SUV for around 40k, then go a new Hyundai Santafe SX base model with manual trans. I have the Elite, and its a damn good gutsy roomy family SUV, with loads of space and lots of goodies inside.
    Last edited by Wardski; 11-04-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks for the suggestion Wardski! I DID!!!!!! In fact did it twice, once for myself and once for a friend. Whilst I didn't test drive the STI, I did the WRX and we all agreed, that the Mazda had much more and better room for dealing with kids. My mate who is a midget even complains about the room of the STI, and I am 6"3 and I don't complain about the room of the MPS 3.

But this is just my opinion based on my research. Wardski obviously has a different opinion. Wouldn't know about the Hyundai, never had any interest looking at a Hyundai.

But also for the record, the friends of mine who did go with the Dualis are very happy with it. More than enough room for rear facing car seat and 4 adults, not sure you can do that in an STI!

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Just as a further post, it seems people on here are more than happy to try and cut down peoples opinions. But maybe a few of you can remember that an opinion is just that, an opinion. It is based on that persons experience of the event. So me being 6"3 needs space, and I have kids too, so space is important and it was one of the key criteria when I looked at a car. And based on my research, that spanned several months and literally just about every suitable car out there, I came up with my opinion, which I shared for the originator of this post. So based on my opinion, I will continue to post my opinion. Getting the picture Wardski?

4. Default

Noted about the opinions.. sorry - I am very passoinate about this, because our Mazda 3 was a POS for space after Mazda told us that it would be all fine n dandy with a rear facing capsule.....

BTW, I've had 4 adults + the capsule in the STi. Had myself, the wife, parents and Stig Jnr no problems. We tried our capsule in the Dualis, and it didnt fit with enough space in the front passenger seat, but the Santafe and STi are perfect, and easily have a person about 6'1" in the front passenger seat.

I think the issue here is not that a the capsule will fit - because it will fit all of these cars - its whether there's enough front passenger space afterwards. Comparing the MPS3 to my STI, it was a no brainer - theres waaaaaay more room in the STi.

Where the Santafe works best is that the rear 60/40 seat has 4 settings that you can recline it to, and still be ANCAP 5 star compliant with a rear facing capsule. The Dualis, Xtrail, CX-7 and even the Subaru Exige did not have this feature. The reclining option gives you more front passenger space - mind you, I didnt need to do this in the STi at all...

PS, I dont know how a midget would complain about the space in the STi. The Recaros are a tight fit (as are the ones in the Evo X) but he would have known about that before buying it wouldnt he? I'm 180cm and 95kg, chunky around the waist, but not overly fat. I have no probs what so ever, even TallDan (6'4") has been in the STi and without any issues.....
    Last edited by Wardski; 12-04-2010 at 11:12 AM.

My suggestion for the actual guy looking to buy a car, is to buy your car seat first. And take it with you and install it in every car you want to test drive. It is what we did when we chose my wifes car (Nissan Murano) and my last two cars.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perth Andy View Post
    My suggestion for the actual guy looking to buy a car, is to buy your car seat first. And take it with you and install it in every car you want to test drive. It is what we did when we chose my wifes car (Nissan Murano) and my last two cars.
    Thats very sound advice, and same as what we did! The capsules with ADR side impact head restraint (what we have) seem to be bigger than the cheapies without it.

I'll say

if you wanna your passengers and yourself really comfortable get a big car forget about a hatch, yes you can fit a baby capsule facing rear and fit 4 people but how comfortable are they?

@wardski

had the impression i was taller than you, Im only 177cm and 90kg.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    had the impression i was taller than you, Im only 177cm and 90kg.
    heheh, thats not what my drivers licence says

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    TallDan (6'4") has been in the STi and without any issues.....
    Haha! You're making me short! Am I shrinking?

TD he is making us shorter and him taller

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    heheh, thats not what my drivers licence says
    high heels?

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    high heels?

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Take it from me - you're gonna regret selling that 370Z mate. I miss my 350ZR heaps. Rattles and all. RX8 I avoided. Nice looking car BUT There's lots more stuff to go in other than a baby seat when the little ones arrive. And you need to open the front door to let the suicide door open properly. Pain when you're in a car park and have baby in hand.
    I bought the MPS6. Nice car and does the family thing ok but overall its a bit errrr plain jane IMHO. But there was no WAY I could do Front Wheel Drive - no offence to MPS3 drivers intended just my opinion and my preference. Replacement for MPS6 - BMW 335i - now where is that hail damage sale!

13. Default

Hazey, not sure if you're still looking but John Newell Mazda in Alexandria (South Sydney) have 3 * MPS3 BL Luxury. All under $40k. However, they are not new. all 2009 and all have about 10k km on the clock. I can fully recommend these guys. That's where I bought my MPS3.

14. Default

dont suposed you interested in an 06 model for a lot less

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12