User Tag List

Thread: Mazda Roadside Assist

Default Mazda Roadside Assist

I got my welcome pack from Mazda yesterday and figured it was the usual marketing junk, which it mostly was except for a brochure which opens up with "thank you for choosing Mazda roadside assist".

I don't remember opting in, is this just a standard perk when you buy a new car? Maybe my leasing company signed me up for it, either way, the features seem pretty good.

This is a standard offering from Mazda for the duration of the warranty period. I only had to use mine once, as I needed a tow back to the workshop, very easy - ring the number, give them the details and a tow truck was there within 45 minutes!

Can be useful when needed!

Cool bananas, the leasing company has their own roadside assist plan too, I can now call both and see who gets there first!

Roadside assist only comes with the top models ie. MPS, RX8, CX9 and top on the range 3's, 6's and CX-7's. You don't get it when you buy a base model 2, 3, BT-50 etc.

I got the roadside assist pack too. I just joined RACV roadside assist 3 months ago though. Are you guys just running with the mazda roadside assist for 3 years (I have extended warranty do I get 4?)? Should I cancel RACV next year and sign up again in 2-3 years time?

Quote Originally Posted by hng View Post
    I got the roadside assist pack too. I just joined RACV roadside assist 3 months ago though. Are you guys just running with the mazda roadside assist for 3 years (I have extended warranty do I get 4?)? Should I cancel RACV next year and sign up again in 2-3 years time?
    I would stay with your roadside assistance..

I had a Holden Barina before my MPS and it had roadside assistance...but I stayed with RACQ as well.

I also had Roadside assist with my MPS and still stayed with RACQ...its only $60/year

Now im outta warranty i actually ised my RACQ last week as i had a blow out ...and it helped that i was a BRONZE member (over 5yrs)

The choice is yours....but personally I would stay with RACV.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

i didnt get any complimentry roadside assist when i got either the cx9 or mps. Im so shite at doing deals

Holden have Roadside assist with every car they sell, so do most new cars now days, only lasts for warranty period and most of the time they just use RACQ or whatever in different states to come and fix your problem anyway. Since all my new cars have come with it I have not been with RACQ since as I usually change cars when warranty runs out anyway. In saying this my warranty ran out last February so I now have RACQ until Mazda3 MPS loses the smiley face or the R20 arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by zippymps3 View Post
    Holden have Roadside assist with every car they sell, so do most new cars now days, only lasts for warranty period and most of the time they just use RACQ or whatever in different states to come and fix your problem anyway. Since all my new cars have come with it I have not been with RACQ since as I usually change cars when warranty runs out anyway. In saying this my warranty ran out last February so I now have RACQ until Mazda3 MPS loses the smiley face or the R20 arrives.
    Golf R is not too far away late May/Early June I believe, though these would have sold so you'll have the usual VW 6 month wait! (Sorry OT)

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    i didnt get any complimentry roadside assist when i got either the cx9 or mps. Im so shite at doing deals
    Timbo, that should've been included, follow them up in case you ever need it!

FYI My wife and I kept our RAC WA membership going, something like 20 years as a member not sure what the level is, but there are some benefits, cant remember though. Had to use them recently for a new battery - quick and efficient, plus I get RAC discount at Solver paint centres - trade price (handy every 5 years for when I update the house paint!) Small price to pay kinda like health insurance and those other things you never use until you really need it!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

10. Default

Same my warranty is about to run out on my MPS6 and Im getting NRMA roas side assitance (which is who Mazda here use anyway). I havnt had to pay for road side assistance now for the past 6 years as Subaru gave you free ones as well with thier upper range cars ... but oh well Its like Insurance isnt it when you need it if you dont have it you would regret it