User Tag List

Thread: Shift Base bushings

Default Shift Base bushings

Hi all, Just purchased some shifter base bushings from mzr performance. just wondering if anyone had purchased and installed these.
    I had a question about the washers as there were 2 different sizes recieved. when i rang up for advice on wether the front or back of the base needed the smaller washers the guy wasnt really sure and said that it shouldnt really matter where they went. but i am thinking that although it might not totally matter where they went they would have there proper place. it is all working ok since install but would appreciate some feedback if anyone else had installed these. thanx
    Phil
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

Previous batches of these bushings had all the same size washers. It was just the last batch of four sets I got which came mismatched. When installing a set in my car I questioned the need for replacment washers at all and suspect the stock ones which are all the same size (from memory) would do just as good a job. Solid bushings such as these and the TWM's simply fill the space left by removing the old washers, limiting any movement / stress that may occur by doing so (as far as i'm aware). I know others have removed their bushes completely which I would say is less advisable. The washers don't have a function as such other than being a seat for the four bolts holding down the shifter. My apologies for any confusion.

I didn't realise it was you phil.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

ah hey thanx for the clarification mate. was just checking. but everything is all good so no worries

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

i didnt realise it was u either hehe