User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration sticker issues

Default Registration sticker issues

Hey, just wondering how to get the the leftover residue from the registration stickers that is left on the windscreen..anyway to get it off because it is preventing new ones from sticking properly?Thanks

Blog Entries

windex is your friend

I usually park the car in the shade, leave it for a hour or so. Then get a wet cloth and wedge it between the window and the dash (soaking the sticker pretty much) that should help, however peeling the sticker back after this still leaves a sticky surface. To remove that sticky residue I use some Prepsol (or thinners or meth) rub that on and it comes off no worries at all. May have to repeat because, although the Prepsol removes the sticky bond (between window and glass), there is still a swirl of glue left. Just get another clean part of the cloth and apply more Prepsol. I find Prepsol works best and I had a tin handy in the shed anyways!

Try it and see how you go.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Move to WA where we dont have rego stickers. :P

(as of couple of months ago they are not required the MPS doesn't wear one anymore)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    No freaking way!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post

(as of couple of months ago they are not required the MPS doesn't wear one anymore)
    I wasn't sure about that, cause I heard somewhere on news about it, but I didn't know when it came into effect. Was it January 2010 when you could take it off?
    I still need to remove mine. At least it beats the pain of removing and applying a new one every 6month or yearly and it cleans up the window not having the sticker on the bottom

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

...or if you live in Queensland, due to a bad batch of 'adhesive' they should peel off themselves, after a few months

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    ...or if you live in Queensland, due to a bad batch of 'adhesive' they should peel off themselves, after a few months
    !!

Mine actually changed colour from the purple to the next colour brown all by itself in the sun...it was great!!
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

They're meant to be resending those out aren't they??? I can't see mine staying on for another 8 months!!!

Replaced mine yesterday. Windex and alot of elbow grease. Took me about 20mins to get all the sticky off.

Put a damp towel, newspaper or sponge on it for a short time, then rub it off and clean up with a dry towel and polish up with Windex after if you like.

ucalyptus oil !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    ucalyptus oil !!!

what he said....but with the 'E'

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I wasn't sure about that, cause I heard somewhere on news about it, but I didn't know when it came into effect. Was it January 2010 when you could take it off?
    I still need to remove mine. At least it beats the pain of removing and applying a new one every 6month or yearly and it cleans up the window not having the sticker on the bottom
    Yeah paid my rego last month and no sticker in the mail, only a receipt saying a sticker is no longer required. Apparently cops just check your number plates! (I've yet to remove mine - nostalgia maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    Eucalyptus oil !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    what he said....but with the 'E'
    Fixed

Just remember to remove the Eucalyptus with Metho or something similar before reapplying your new sticker (I know common sense, but thought I'd mention it)
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Any alcohol based liquid/thinners should get it off pretty easily

Or get a new windscreen like i did haha ( it was needed anyway, insurance)
    Cheers Todd

17. Default

I want a new windscreen as I have so many stone 'grazes' on it and I get a freebie each year ... how do I go about it does it need to actually crack or are the grazes enough ? (grazes where the stone/rock skims across the glass and abrases it or takes little bits off but it doesnt chip or develop into a chip)

Blog Entries

Sock and a golfball

A little star chip was enough for me, i thought he would just put the resin in but
    he just replaced it anyway.

20. Default

tea tree oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast