User Tag List

Thread: Just bought MPS series 1

Default Just bought MPS series 1

Hello all

Just returned from an epic drive in the MPS I bought from down in Syd to Bris detoured via Canberra. Its a 3 MPS 2008 Aurora Blue Sports. I've been trolling around the forums while I was deciding what car to get, but finally made the choice

So in the 2000km I did coming up it chewed up the tires so will be getting 4x Kumho KU36 today from Option 1 Garage.

Things I've noticed in the 2000km is:
    1) think my rear engine mount is stuffed, will be replaced by factory one to keep as spare and changed to a CPE 60duro.
    2) the road noise is TERRIBLE on course roads. Not too sure if its the stock tires or the lack of sound deadening. Will see i guess when the tires are changed.
    3) the bose sound system is shit, realllllll shit.
    4) fuel economy on highway was insanely good. I did nearly 600km without the empty light even coming on....

Anyways gave her a good clean today as it was littered with dead bugs. Havent got too much planned, will be keeping the mods simple.

Thx for looking and look forward to being part of this community

Michael
    Last edited by lup15; 28-04-2010 at 12:27 PM.

& congratulations on your new ride. Great bunch of guys.....and girls on here. I'm sure you'll find all the answers to any questions you have. Enjoy!!

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub the message is up there

Col

5. Default

welcome and what a great ride to break in your car ... did you go up the Newell highway from Canberra ?

they are good on fuel I filled up on one tank coming from Bathurst 602ltrs and took 49ltrs to fill to the brim....

guys.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    welcome and what a great ride to break in your car ... did you go up the Newell highway from Canberra ?
    yea up the newell as we went stayed overnight at Jenolan caves, but we decided to turn eastward as finding fuel was becoming a concern with 1/4 tank left at 11pm and no fuel stops were open lol.

Wlcome mate. Enjoy the forum.

welcome and enjoy!!!!

Welcome!

Don't waste your time with the factory rear engine mount, go straight to aftermarket and forget having a spare mount, you won't need it. Tyre noise on the factory tyres is bad, our coarse chip roads and the RE050A's are a noisy combo. Yep the 'Pose' stereo system isn't that flash...but everything else is pretty good.

If you're looking at easy mods the engine mount and an intake will keep you happy for a little while, then after some months of ownership you'll know what you want to change. Enjoy

Welcome mate +1 to TallDan's replies that covers most of your questions

Enjoy the MPS, look forward to your adventures together!

Welcome Nice buy the Gen1s look nicer IMO

Live life, have fun. Enjoy the forum.

Welcome and congrats on buying a great car!