User Tag List

Thread: New MPS 6 owner

Default New MPS 6 owner

Hi to all on the forum, Bought a 12/05 MPS6 less than 2 weeks ago. Wife was looking at classics then sports then the MPS couldnt go wrong 60,000k $24,500 imaculate checked over the car has had the clutch replaced but no diff noise or any other issues that people have posted in the tech section. Can hardly hear the engine! have to try and convice the wife of some minor mods . Do have a gt28 71r but that may be a bit much for the moment
    Will be making a short shift for it i am sure some others might be interested in as it is slow to change gears ?? I normally drive a hilux fitted with a supra box much quicker..
    Thanks to all as it does make it much easier to buy a car if you know somthing before buying it!!

Geoff
    the car has 63,500k now

2. Default

Welcome, congrats on your purchase same month and year as mine

Where about in NSW are you ? should post up some pics

Cheers,
    Mel

Welcome to ozmps Geoff....

Welcome Geoff, proud owner of an '05 MPS6 here too and LOVING IT !!

Please tell me more about the short shift you intend making. You may also be interested in this group buy for us 6 owners http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...zda-6-mps.html

Regards,

Leon

Welcome Geoff, and congratulations on your purchase! There is a lot to love about the 6 MPS

Enjoy the forums
    Cheers
    Chris

Congrats on your purchase. I just got mine a few days ago. I have to agree that the exhaust note is way too quiet. I'm still getting used to that notorious MPS 6 clutch lol.

welcome to the forum. enjoy ya new ride!!!

Thanks guys ,
    Ii live around Windor have an engineering workshop have made single rotor engines for race cars to sonar arrays for the navy, not much i have not done .
    The shift feels slow but maybe its got to do with the accel it makes the gear change feel slow ? will make one next week and try it if i can distract the wife or convince her to drive something else
    The clutch does take some getting used to will have a play with that too
    Cheers
    Geoff