3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corksport 80mm Performance Exhaust

2 66.67%
  • CP-E Cat Back Dual 3" Exhaust

1 33.33%

Thread: MPS6 Corksport vs CP-E CBE Systems

Default MPS6 Corksport vs CP-E CBE Systems

I am considering my options here.

Have seen alot of video's an am undecided on which one to purchase.

So am wanting real world experience on the exhausts systems for the 6 mps.

If anyone has any of these in Melb, i'll be interested in hearing it in real life.

I am after something that does not drone at cruise, will give me moderate increases, and fill the voids out the back.

Both sound good, cpe drones more than corksport, and the corksport is an absolute work of art, to nice to hide away under the car.
    I wouldn't hesitate getting the corksport over the cpe.

i think the cpe dual exhaust is quieter than the corksport one for the mps6...not sure about droning though...im looking for people who have any on their mps 6 also...brisbane area anyone?...let me know...thanks

4. Default whitewun

hey guys i have the CPE unit plus a resonator. I can tell you that when you hit the loud pedal the noise is loud. only when you are at constant revs is really quiet. accelerate or deccelerate and there is a fair noise in the cabin.

I know that RD ??? from Cowra has a corksport system you might want to ask his opinion

If i had to do it again I would probably look at a custom system from some one in the ACT / NSW area.

im in an 07 mps3 and i got the CPe DP and then got the exhaust shop to do a custom stainless catback.. the sound is awesum! subtle wen u want it to be but wen u put ur foot down it jus opens up and sounds mean

so what is in an TBE? is it a dump pipe, mid/race pipe, cat, then cat back exhaust??Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mazda6mps View Post
    I am considering my options here.

Have seen alot of video's an am undecided on which one to purchase.

So am wanting real world experience on the exhausts systems for the 6 mps.

If anyone has any of these in Melb, i'll be interested in hearing it in real life.

I am after something that does not drone at cruise, will give me moderate increases, and fill the voids out the back.
    Come for a drive up to the Merimbula Run and you can hear the corksport for yourself

8. Default

yes come for a drive to Merimbula and you can compare corksport to my stock exhaust

9. Default

just a slim chance that the Whitewun will be there and then you can listen to the CPE system

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    so what is in an TBE? is it a dump pipe, mid/race pipe, cat, then cat back exhaust??Thanks
    TBE= Turbo Back Exhaust

yes im pretty sure its the DP (downpipe) with CBE (Cat back exhaust (the exhaust from your catalytic converter back)).

the race pipe is a smaller middle portion of it which deletes the first cat i think rendering your exhaust not road worthy. remembering our cars come with 2 cats to match euro emitions standards.

i think here in oz we are only required to have the 1 cat anyway so yeh the CP-e DP replaces the two stock cats with 1 high flow.

some one please correct me if any of this info is wrong
    --- CPe DP + Custom 3" Stainless CBE --- Turbo Timer --- CPe CAI --- Turbo XS BPV --- CPe 75 Duro Rear Engine Mount --- 2XS SSP ---

Hi Guys, like mazda6mps at the top of the thread I'm keen on a downpipe and some induction upgrades also. But seriously what sort of real gains do you think I could expect by dropping $1000 on a Cp-E downpipe or a Corkscrew? Is it driveabilty? Is it more low down torque? Better top end? Better sound? 5 or 20kw's extra power? I see alot of people go on about these upgrades, but I'm hoping you fellas can give me some real life experience on what gains I can expect.

I went from bog stock to the BM DP.

It spools a little quicker.. does not hit the wall at 5.5 so hard now.. and everything in between is much more grunty..

Much more than a 5kw gain here.