User Tag List

Thread: 420km/h car could come to Australia

Default 420km/h car could come to Australia

Gallery - Hennessey Venom GT

-The new Hennessey Venom GT combines British brilliance with American muscle.

A $1 million-plus supercar described as a “weapon of mass propulsion” that’s twice as powerful as a Lamborghini and can reach four times the speed limit could be on its way to Australia.

The Hennessey Venom GT is, in essence, a British-made Lotus Elise with a stretched body that’s fitted with an all-American 6.2-litre Chevrolet supercharged V8 engine.

Hennessey says it has plans to establish a dealership in Australia as part of a global network that also includes the Middle East, Europe, Russia, and Asia.

The carbon fibre Venom GT weighs just 1070kg, less than most small cars.

The base-model Venom’s will be offer 540kW of power and 1000Nm of torque from its Corvette-sourced V8 engine that’s also used in HSVs.

But if that’s not enough, the company says they will also be offering two twin-turbo versions: a 745kW/1220Nm model, and a stonking 895kW/1490Nm variant.

With more power than a Formula One car that means it will be devilishly quick, with Hennessey suggesting the GT could sprint from 0-100km/h in just 2.4 seconds, and have an astronomical top speed of 421km/h.

The engine is mounted behind the seats, just like in the four-cylinder Lotus Elise, with power then sent to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual transmission.

Keeping all that power on the road could be troublesome, but Hennessey has designed a programmable traction control system to help keep the car on the road (or the track).

An active aerodynamics system, including an adjustable rear wing, ensures that the right down-force is applied depending on the speed and situation.

The Venom GT will also feature an adjustable suspension system which allows for adjustments to ride-height. The car’s 15-inch carbon-ceramic brakes mean stopping shouldn’t be impossible, too.

Company founder and president, John Hennessey, says the Venom GT draws on a history of American and British ingenuity.

"This is not the first time that Britain and America have joined forces to produce a weapon of mass propulsion" he says.

"Over 50 years ago the American-built P51 Mustang fighter aircraft was flown into history powered by a British Rolls-Royce Merlin engine.

"Today the Hennessey Venom GT promises to set a new standard of power to weight ratio in the rarefied air of today's supercar market."

The company’s Texas facility will be in charge of the engine side of the operation, and the powerplants will be air-freighted to the assembly facility near Silverstone, England.

The cars will be available in both right- and left-hand drive, and Hennessey says that buyers of the Venom GT will be offered a one-day driver orientation and instruction program by a factory test driver at a track in the UK or USA prior to taking delivery of their car.

Production of the Venom GT is limited to just 10 vehicles per year, and the company says it has already received orders for its first four cars.

Pricing is expected to start at around US$600,000 ($650,000), but once you add local taxes – including the controversial luxury car tax – expect no change from a million dollars or more.

(SOURCED FROM - Hennessey Venom GT | Australia's next supercar)
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

WOW!!!!

Those numbers for a car that light is INSANITY!!!!

Nice

Just think, you could get to 100km/h before you had time to crap yourself lol.

We will make those engines fit in our Mazda's

Default Re: 420km/h car could come to Australia

Check the photo gallery, the pic from behind is pure sex.

6. Default

bring it on,

That's quicker than my 600cc supersports bike! The only thing is, I purchased my ride for $12,000.00 second hand! That is a wicked car though! I'll see you in my dreams tonight!

This is the image I like;

YEOW!

"Good afternoon Mr tyre-man, I would like a set of tyres for my Hennessey Venom GT...do you accept cheques?" No wonder she's quick, It's got almost a meters width of rubber total on the back wheels! It great they made the back look awesome, that's all you'll be seeing of it!

This piece of machinery is insanity! How do they propose to keep it at all on the ground..... CLEARLY its a car for a daily

Blog Entries

I wonder if they will have to change things to make it street legal over here...I cant see that bad boy making it over too many speed bumps!

I always liked the Lotus Elise shape very sexy, but that thing is Pure p0rn!

Oh and imagine the sound when it passes you and you're looking at the rear

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want one ! ! !

Cool Madderaz !!!

Me to Micheal could be the new MADDERAZ !!!!!!

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Yeah lol that or a 500kw GTiR

Expensive cop magnet does it come with a glovebox full of drivers licences b4 I sell the house to order one

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Cop's wouldn't catch you lol, and if they do ask them if they want to come for a ride?

Or just say i'm batman at night and this is my daily batcar :P