User Tag List

Thread: Mps 3 cobb sway bars !!!

Smile Mps 3 cobb sway bars !!!

Just looking for some advice !!! Is it simply a matter of unbolting the stock sway bars and bolting on the COBB sway bars an easy do it yourself at home mod or is there more to it than meets the eye I don't think it is relevant but I have coil-overs and the car is lowered .

Col

i heard the rear is really easy to do it yourself but the front is a real pita and you have to drop the whole subframe or something

3. Default

Hi col,

That's it, just have your car on stands unbolt & bolt back in.
    The Cobb bar come with instructions & a list of tools you will need for the job.

The rear bar is incredibly simple, all said and one it shouldn't take more than 30 mins, the front on the other hand requires dropping of the subframe due to its location, I would recommend a decent suspension shop do this as there have been reports of the thicker bar fouling on the chassis if not installed correctly.

All said and done, great mod though, I have set mine to front - stiff, rear - stiffer. I find this gives a good balance with a little more bias toward the rear.

Smile Thank you guys 4 your advice !!!!

This is what I love about these forums ask a question and instantly you get informed and correct advise I appreciate the quick response guys .

Col

By the 2nd response Col, I would recommend letting Pedders do the work, so as to not foul that front sway bar. (Dont use suncity) Use Pedders, all the blokes there a champs, they come into work a bit.

Just tell em the boys and Jaycar suggested them and they should look after you.

I think its (Michael or Paul) that I spoke to last time. Cause they are going to adjust my Tein SS Coilovers

Red face SOORY MATE i ONLY READ THIS AFTER YOU PICKED MADAZ UP !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    By the 2nd response Col, I would recommend letting Pedders do the work, so as to not foul that front sway bar. (Dont use suncity) Use Pedders, all the blokes there a champs, they come into work a bit.

Just tell em the boys and Jaycar suggested them and they should look after you.

I think its (Michael or Paul) that I spoke to last time. Cause they are going to adjust my Tein SS Coilovers
    Only read this after you left not to worry if Sun City cock it up I wont pay them and you can take it to Pedders next week

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 01-04-2010 at 09:12 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

hi you loose,
    have you fitted your neovas yet ? i am also looking to fit the front swaybar but am wondering if it will have much gain, has anyone fitted just the rear ?

Talking No neova,s yet loss of licence 4six months !!!

I haven't fitted the cobb sway bars yet but would think you need to fit both

Col

Default Re: Mps 3 cobb sway bars !!!

Most improvnent is from the rear bar, the fronts are pretty well reinforced stock, pop the hood and look how close the suspension tops are to the firewall.

I'm quiet happy with the way my car drives and handles, I suppose practise makes perfect hey over the years and the 3 times I've been on the track with the MPS 3 it didn't phase me it handled quiet well... I will find out if I get to drive Col's car to feel the difference and report
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Smile Rino the designated driver for madaz on the cruise !!!!!!

Rino you are the pilot for madaz while you are here in FNQ we have sunshine & no rain today first thime in 2 weeks

Col