User Tag List

Thread: Smoked Exhaust??

Unhappy Smoked Exhaust??

started to notice the exhaust on my MPS 3 2010 is all black.. it's only done almost 5k on the meter now.. but I've noticed this awhile back.. but until my friend told me it's kinda weird then I started to worry....could it be the fuel? I've only put V-power and never put anything else in my baby... so.. if anyone know what the problem is, please leave a msg

Its natural - Chill

Good luck keeping it clean

They run rich, at night hit the curry button infront of another car and look in the review mirror.. the person behind will most likely be shrouded in a cloud of fumes

3. Default

welcome on board you and your black exhaust MPS

How silly of me.. I just realised after BB replied it was your first post..

Welcome to OZMPSClub where are you located??

No wuckers, my SP25's exhaust is BLLLLAAAAAACCKKKK too.

6. Default

I polish mine with metal polish every week so its not black

hahaha thanks for the warm welcome guys

just need to get my butt of my chair and away from my ps3 every wkend to clean it and it should be all good? xD

Jmac - I'm in sydney

I've always known it to be a Carbon Build up and is normal in any car, be that new or 20 years old. It's normal for your car to have a carbon build up. I also believe (some people may disagree) It's good to rev the engine a little higher than normal (for granny drivers) to clean out all the carbon build up. In my mind it makes sense...if a vehicle owner drives around for 10 years in their beloved vehcile but only ever shifts no more than 2,500RPM, think of all the carbon build up on the exhaust manifold right down to the tip of the mufflers? Makes sense to blow it out every now and then with a good 4-4,500RPM burst. The vehicle is designed to rev a lot higher...I see no harm in giving a vehicle some juice every now and then...Interesting to see if people agree/disagree. Just what I've always thought.

If it was blue smoke I'd be a little worried mate

I found this for more info if you want a read...

Carbon Build-Up

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

thanks for the detailed info rogwick, I think I drive my car like a granny .. 1st to 2nd at around 3000RPM, 2nd-3rd 3000,3rd to 4th I think around 2500-3500.. depends on what road I'm driving... gotta hate sydney roads.. they're bumpy and full of speedcams.. and the suspensions on the MPS doesn't help alot :X

but yeah I will try to give it some juice everynow n then to clean out the build ups..

Good lord! Accelerator is the one on the right

Where in Sydney?!

Need to fill out the location part in your profile so we all know where you are from

Hopefully organise an event shortly so we can all put faces to names... and you can clean out your carbon build up with a good fanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Where in Sydney?!

Need to fill out the location part in your profile so we all know where you are from

Hopefully organise an event shortly so we can all put faces to names... and you can clean out your carbon build up with a good fanging.
    Stop by my house pls

13. Default

so cut about it. ^*^*ing makes the car look jew.

"jew"