User Tag List

Thread: CEL-P2187 Error

Default CEL-P2187 Error

While sitting in traffic this morning I got an error 2187 (system too lean at idle). It was a wet morning but I tend to drive carefull due to to the CPE CAI(it has a rain coat on the filter). As well I had just filled her up using VPower & had travelled 50km on the new tank. I did not notice any diffence with idling or anything else. I cleared the error code using the scan gauge. Any ideas what could of caused the error ?

2. Default

o2 senor on the dump pipe just back from turbo check wire has not worn through. and one down near cat. get a new one or use high temp tape and boggie it up.

Blog Entries

I agree with philbie...I know the o2 sensors in Mazdas are very very touchy.

this is a MAF issue bu the sounds of it.. not an 02 sensor.

What intake are you running?

have you check for vaccuum leaks lately?

check that out first

5. Default

oh yeah if its not the maf its the 02 . had same problem mate

I have CPE Cold Air Induction with sock. Never had issues in the past with water getting sucked through. Thanks for the feedback, I will check these items. It is always difficult to check vacuum leaks but I will check that out as well.

Same error again this morning. Weird thing is it happened in the same spot, travelled about 60km & 3km from work it spits the error code. She must feel like me, as the closer I get to work I become sad & depressed & tends to throw out error codes.
    Sounds more likely the O2 sensor.

8. Default

check all hose clamps r tight if clean the maf sensor with electrical contact cleaner. if problem still occours then check the wiring to the o2 sensor. you'll have to take off the tmic and heat plate to see it. not sure if you have a 3 or 6 mps. but i ran the wire behind the heat sheild to give it added proctection. if it is the 3 you might have pull battery out to unplug it. if your is still under warrtenty then it would be coverd aswell. mine went why it was under warrenty plus i had and aftermarket dump pipe and they had no dramas in changing it.

Thanks for that, I will do all that. I have a MPS3. Warranty ran out in January.

I cleaned the air flow sensor & no CEL. 6 months later same error code appeared & I cleaned the air flow sensor. This time the code re-appeared only 2 days after cleaning it. The error code 2187 system too lean at idle only comes on only when idling. The car runs fine & idles good. Do I now replace the o2 sensor or just leave it till it gets worse. When I reset the code it takes about 2 days to re-appear. How much is it for a o2 sensor, do I have to go to Mazda or can i buy non-genuine ?

ive given you a bum steer..

Its more than likely the CPE DP.. its been reported they can give CEL's

Google your code and CPE downpipe..

I don't have a CPE dump pipe but do have CPE cold air induction.