User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 litres to 2.3

welcome fillo... u dont happen to be a filippino do you?

Welcome and congrats on your new MPS, SS would be quick but the 3 would be more fun and much lighter too

welcome to the forums mate.

ive got the cp-e cai on mine.

would've gone the sri option for the ease of installation and removal but being mindful of exposed pod filter being illegal in nsw I went for the cai.

sure I could have chosen the sri with heat shield/box but didn't really liked how it looked.

other mods...what the others said.

reading the u.s forums the resonator delete with race/test pipe brings out a nice throaty tone to the exhaust.

Welcome Fillo, I did a similar thing HSV GTO 370kw 492Hp to a turbo diesel ute and to the MPS 3 to get some excitement back for my trips with work... Enjoy the forum

P.S I miss the V8 note and the 670NM Running costs are a killer....

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

Most of us have down sized the message is up there

Col

i swapped 2 years back from a vu ss to a gen 1 mps!!
    no regrets!!

7. Default

Thanks all for the welcome and advice. Sorry not phillipino 'langer'.
    Are most sri/cai easy to install your self.....even for newbies like me?
    Also what are thoughts about changing springs to lower the gen 2 a bit? Those wheel arches are big and hide those nice rims....Cheers.

Yeah, they're not too difficult to install yourself mate. I assume (and the guys can fix me up on this) the SRI would be a more straight forward installation. In any case you will have to remove the wheel LHS wheel guard to remove the complete stock system (there is a box underneath to be removed)

From experience, my CAI was not too bad, just had to modify the plate (Cut and bend) so that there was no stress on my refrigerant A/C pipe run. Getting to one of the nuts proved to be a little difficult if you do not have the right tools (I used a rachet spanner).

Both SRI and CAI come with instructions. Just be careful, the instructions may not be 100% due to the product being designed for the Mazdaspeed6 (LHD)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

9. Default

Thanks mate....what suppliers do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by fillo View Post
    Thanks mate....what suppliers do you recommend?
    Nissan R35 GTR| Mazda MPS3 | Mitsubishi EVOX | Subaru WRX | MPS Garage

What onyx said ^ You can send them an email and enquire about a few items. I went through Daniel, he can often make a few suggestions and also let you know if there are any times on special or if he can do a deal on any of them. Maybe mention you're on Ozmps if that helps. Basically any questions or concerns you got, they'll help you out. If you got the $$ bulk buy to save on postage (if there are any other items you want)

SRI install is really straight forward. Even a newbie can do this in about 20mins

Have a look here:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...e-mps-6-a.html

Looks easy as to me!

welcome mate nice choice, i recently sold my xr6 turbo and brought an mps 3 aswell and couldnt be happier the mps is not as fast as my xr6 but i have so much fun going around corners in the mps unlike the xr6t which felt like a boat....

As others have said do the SRI i have the MZR intake that was my first upgrade and wont be my last.

Its pretty easy mate. Just make sure u have all the tools before u start and do it slowly.

i think the hardest part was removing this locking clip on the breather hose.

16. Default

Cheers Syd - good instructions.
    Where does everyone stand on covered/uncovered for the sri? can you cover them or just don't drive to attract any under bonnet examinations (nsw resident)???
    Wados - I agree....I now enjoy corners !!!

welcome to the mazda family fillo. good to have u on board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12