User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CP-e downpipe questions

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    same thing, different company...
    that company isnt a forum sponor, so we suggest it's best to buy from either edgeautosports or direct from CPE
    need the catalytic converter, dont need the rest, else you fail emissions testing

cold air intake is overrated, and not worth the hassle IMO, the short ram is fine
    haha ok thanks for the help!, short ram it is then

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    same thing, different company...
    that company isnt a forum sponor, so we suggest it's best to buy from either edgeautosports or direct from CPE
    need the catalytic converter, dont need the rest, else you fail emissions testing

cold air intake is overrated, and not worth the hassle IMO, the short ram is fine
    cheers! short ram intake it is then

Just a few questions about the post-install ..

1. Should I be worried if it's quite smokey when idling? (fine whilst driving)
    2. How long does it take to settle in? (I reset the ECU)

I'm approaching 100km's with the new DP but it doesn't look like the smoking is improving .. :/

Default CP-e downpipe questions

Never heard of smoke after DP install, what colour and how much smoke? Can you post a vid?

Black with a tinge of grey .. the volume of smoke is hard to put a number on but maybe a 2x2m cube of space if you gathered it all up. Will try to get a video up in a bit!

/edit:

So ofcourse I try to record it and aside from the little puff of black smoke when I properly hammer it, it didn't want to smoke up. I'll see how I go after a week; I've done 120 000km so I just hope the turbo seals aren't about to go kaput.
    Last edited by Seba; 24-11-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    BNR S1 - Cobb SRI (boxed) - CS TIP - CP-e DP - Turbosmart BOV - JBR Mounts
    '06 3 MPS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123