User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CP-e downpipe questions

Sorry didn't see this question until now. Yep I love it. Best thing I did. Tidy unit. Fits relatively easily, after getting the old one out. Frees up engine space, gives better response, gets rid of that awful OEM DP, sounds nice (but not intrusive) with a stock cat back exhaust (which might get changed in due course). Runs cooler. Great performance boost.

Great, thanks for the advice...Now just which one. The CP-E is getting alot of coverage here. Doc has also mentioned another downpipe by Best Mufflers. Either way I'm hooked and have to have one.

3. Default CPE Down Pipe

Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    I had the CPE DP on my mps gen 1. Cost me around $400 to install, and $500 to remove / and put stock one back on when i returned the car back to stock to sell it.

Never got a CEL, i think CPE put emphasis on their products not causing CELS.
    Who you get in Perth to Instal your CPE down Pipe I've just got one and are looking for some one to instal it for me.

Gazdj - Both Rogwick and myself got our CP-E down pipes (and a few other things) installed by Zacka at Cypher Industries. Can't remember exactly how much it was because i got some other work done at the same time but i think it was around the $500 mark. He does a good job .

Give him a call and ask for a quote.

www.cypherindustries.com.au

5. Default

Just got my CPE Down Pipe the other day been looking for some one in Perth who can instal it can you recommend any one.

Thks

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Gazdj - Both Rogwick and myself got our CP-E down pipes (and a few other things) installed by Zacka at Cypher Industries. Can't remember exactly how much it was because i got some other work done at the same time but i think it was around the $500 mark. He does a good job .

Give him a call and ask for a quote.

www.cypherindustries.com.au
    He does do a good job. I had the DP installed and he fabricated a fitted a cat back too. You would have to contact him to get a price, but I would think it would be somewhere between $350-400 depending on how hard the bolts are to come out and the O2 sensors etc. Below is a bit of his work on my MPS6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00210..jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	3855   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00209..jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	3856  

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

7. Default Dp question

HI i was just wondering if anyone got a tune when they installed there dp, cause every where im going said there is no way to run the car safety with a dp just for the fact that it will be running way to lean.

Has anyone experienced leaning???
    or boost creep
    Last edited by sheep584; 07-08-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Can't comment on the boost creep as i had other parts installed at the same time but according to the data runs i've done my car still runs rich when boosting. The ECU should be able to learn the new settings and make adjustments to keep everything happy

See my post today on the other CP_e DP thread that seems to have doubled up on this question.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...down-pipe.html

10. Default

Having your car tuned after a Down pipe install will help the over all power output, but its not required.
    It would be like a new air filter requires tuning, these components aid in flow.

i recently had the cpe dp installed and haven't had any probs either !

The only problem I have now is traction.

Anyone know of anywhere in Melbourne that sells the CP-e down pipe?

Pretty sure iirps are the only place in Aus that you can get it. Just order direct from Cp-e, its probably cheaper that way anyway.

15. Default Cold Air Intake

Hi everyone, I bought a mazda 6 mps and I have had it for a month now and im loving it so far. I am still a noob so I have a noob question, how can I get the turbo spool and BOV to sound louder? Do I need a cold air intake with piping etc or a short ram? What is louder?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Default Re: CP-e downpipe questions

Quote Originally Posted by mpsbishay View Post
    Hi everyone, I bought a mazda 6 mps and I have had it for a month now and im loving it so far. I am still a noob so I have a noob question, how can I get the turbo spool and BOV to sound louder? Do I need a cold air intake with piping etc or a short ram? What is louder?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    SRI mate. A metal inlet pipe TIP will increase the turbo spool and BPV a lot more too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They both will.

I have a Cold Air Intake and my car probably has the loudest induction noise going around of all the stock turbo cars i've heard.

I'd suggest an SRI tho, it's easier to maintain and cheaper.

Thanks. Just to confirm ..

MazdaSPEED3 3" SS Downpipe | Custom Performance Engineering

The above fits an Australian Gen 1 3?
    What do the dropdown boxes mean?
    How is it different to the downpipe sold at mpsgarage? (CP-e Down Pipe | MPS Garage)

I'm a mad noob I just want the downpipe rumbley tone asap. Thanks again in advance
    BNR S1 - Cobb SRI (boxed) - CS TIP - CP-e DP - Turbosmart BOV - JBR Mounts
    '06 3 MPS.

19. Default

thanks for the advice!

So I should purchase a cold air intake system with piping etc not just the filter alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    Thanks. Just to confirm ..

MazdaSPEED3 3" SS Downpipe | Custom Performance Engineering

The above fits an Australian Gen 1 3?
    What do the dropdown boxes mean?
    How is it different to the downpipe sold at mpsgarage? (CP-e Down Pipe | MPS Garage)

I'm a mad noob I just want the downpipe rumbley tone asap. Thanks again in advance
    same thing, different company...
    that company isnt a forum sponor, so we suggest it's best to buy from either edgeautosports or direct from CPE
    need the catalytic converter, dont need the rest, else you fail emissions testing
    Quote Originally Posted by mpsbishay View Post
    thanks for the advice!

So I should purchase a cold air intake system with piping etc not just the filter alone?
    cold air intake is overrated, and not worth the hassle IMO, the short ram is fine
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast