User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limiting power in 1st and 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    "Why can't we just all get along?"
    For those of us that are 3MPS owners - Gen 1 or Gen 2 - the cars are all the bomb! I actually don't have anything against the Gen 1, they look hot!!
    Meh you not fun ..... Im just messing around

.....though I have felt slightly embarrassed the few times people have confused me with owning the MPS they know...the Gen II
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Guys,... Holding the DSC during start does nothing to the boost, the power, or the throttle plate.

Thnis has been prooven time and time over via dashhawk logs.

And sorry to be a party pooper.. but we are limited in 3rd as well.. (just not to the extent of 1st and second)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Guys,... Holding the DSC during start does nothing to the boost, the power, or the throttle plate.

And sorry to be a party pooper.. but we are limited in 3rd as well.. (just not to the extent of 1st and second)
    I never noticed a difference in power with it off. Maybe it's a placebo
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

I must have a very vivid imagination - not my car but have driven the MPS3 in normal mode then stopped followed what I was told to do with the dsc and drove off - BLOODY HELL there was a huge difference - so there is something happening.

Maybe you don't GAIN power through more boost or whatever, but you definately don't lose power that you normally would with the traction control and stability control doing their thing.
    Don't really care what the dash hawk shows, something does happen, it HAS to.
    I don't know how the dsc or traction control works. Boost reduction, fuel cut, brakes applied???
    But without them holding you back, gains must be made.

All I know is that with the dsc and traction control off in my car it is definately slightly more responsive in 1st and 2nd and feels more like the torque steering, wheel spinning monster that motor magazines claim they are

This topic has been done to death over numerous forums. Turning off DSC does SFA apart from allowing you to spin your wheels full sick style..

The only way to do away with the torque limiter is to A) disconnect the SWAS plug located in your steering column or B) have chiptorque disable it.

And unless you want a car that is an absolute pig to get off the line and likes to snap into different lanes in the wet, then DON'T disable it.... It is there for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post
    This topic has been done to death over numerous forums. Turning off DSC does SFA apart from allowing you to spin your wheels full sick style..

The only way to do away with the torque limiter is to A) disconnect the SWAS plug located in your steering column or B) have chiptorque disable it.

And unless you want a car that is an absolute pig to get off the line and likes to snap into different lanes in the wet, then DON'T disable it.... It is there for a reason!

Alleluia
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post

Pfft, from a man who bought an AWD car.

Torque steer FTMFW
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

9. Default

Im sure the AWD guys still could use a boost limit on 1st and 2nd. My front wheels spin when i give it the beans.. though not as much as a FWD im sure

Are you sure we are not confused by just turning off the DSC by pushing the button or by "turn the car off, hold the dsc button, start car while holding the button, keep holding it for few more seconds, then release. Dsc and traction control lights should be on". There is a difference.

I agree that the car is undriveable - not at all nice to drive - but it gives a good indication of how much limit there is in the low gears.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Pfft, from a man who bought an AWD car.

Torque steer FTMFW
    Buying an AWD car has nothing to do with it. I don't have an issue with torquesteer, never did...

But full boost out of 1st and 2nd is just an absolute waste! Not to mention detremental to your driveline components. The gears are too short to make use of the power..

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    Are you sure we are not confused by just turning off the DSC by pushing the button or by "turn the car off, hold the dsc button, start car while holding the button, keep holding it for few more seconds, then release. Dsc and traction control lights should be on". There is a difference.

I agree that the car is undriveable - not at all nice to drive - but it gives a good indication of how much limit there is in the low gears.
    Pressing the button off alows the wheels to slip, but DSC is still running in the back ground.

Holding the DSC in while starting will completely disable the traction control (apparently)

Removing the SWAS plug will disable DSC/traction control, stability control and remove the torque limits from the gears.

Cheers.
    Last edited by 2000MNLESS; 31-03-2010 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post

this is what I am referring to.. it has been looged to the hills..

there is no difference..

Easy mod to get rid of this, new ecu or a chipped ecu Col (YOU LOSE) has his ecu chipped and he has no limitations in 1st & 2nd . .

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Easy mod to get rid of this, new ecu or a chipped ecu Col (YOU LOSE) has his ecu chipped and he has no limitations in 1st & 2nd . .

I will find out for myself when I'm up
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

A while ago I may have disputed this, but with the arrival of my second Gen 2 MPS, I have noticed that 3rd gear doesnt quite pull as hard as 4th.

I was somewhat surprised lol.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123