User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Limiting power in 1st and 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    MPS6 doesnt need to be limited in 1st and 2nd gear dear Al ... cause it can handle the power
    What power?
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

2. Default

the same power as yours Al that your poor little car cant handle getting to the front wheels in first and second gear

Yet the 3MPS is faster ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Yet the 3MPS is faster ...
    Al they are MPS's I swear you compare the 3 & 6 to a XR5 or a Golf or a Subie...
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Yes Rino they are both Mazda as well...

Hmmmm......... Limited 1st and 2nd, I'd like to get that done. Where do I sign up

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    does the boost limit on the steering angle exist in the MPS6 as well ?
    Not sure if this has been answered, but no fairly sure the MPS 6 does not have a SWAS (Steering Wheel Angle Sensor) Don't need it, power goes to the back wheels to sort things out

However took me awhile to sift through this thread, please keep this On Topic thanks
    Last edited by shakespeare; 29-03-2010 at 12:48 AM.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

the ECU knows what gear its in via load/rmp/speed tables.

I wish there was a switch you could just jump. But however this is not the case..

Unplug the SWAS thingo if you want to understeer..lol

Best power limiter is your right foot. Otherwise leave it to the e_nanny.

i heard that you can gain more boost just from turning your traction control off...

if this was true (i don't know, i was told by a tuner and am unsure about his credibility) then that would mean that the car would be less governed but you would have less traction maybe im just being captain obvious but not sure...

im gettin my boost gauge fixed atm but i will let everyone know how true this is, maybe someone else with a functioning boost gauge can check?
    --- CPe DP + Custom 3" Stainless CBE --- Turbo Timer --- CPe CAI --- Turbo XS BPV --- CPe 75 Duro Rear Engine Mount --- 2XS SSP ---

11. Default

they limt 1st 2nd gear to avoid trannie probs. dsc off turns the wheel speed sensor off allowing full revs an wheel spin . anyhow i would just leave it if it was me. i had a 3 an could break traction all the way to 4th gear lol.oh i miss her

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    i heard that you can gain more boost just from turning your traction control off...

if this was true (i don't know, i was told by a tuner and am unsure about his credibility) then that would mean that the car would be less governed but you would have less traction maybe im just being captain obvious but not sure...

im gettin my boost gauge fixed atm but i will let everyone know how true this is, maybe someone else with a functioning boost gauge can check?
    Not true
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

13. Default

Does the EZY FLASH pro allow you to turn 1st-2nd boost cut on and off?? might be a good feature to put in if it doesnt already..

Also.. please excuse my ignorance but which MPS came out in AWD?

(SPOT THE NEWBY) hehe

Cheers
    Mark

There is a method to turn off both the dsc and traction control off.
    To me, dad and my brother, the car certainly does feel punchier in 1st and second. Totally different to when just the dsc is off. Even when not driving in a manner to induce wheelspin, it feels better.
    As said, a boost gauge would tell exactly what is happening

turn the car off, hold the dsc button, start car while holding the button, keep holding it for few more seconds, then release. Dsc and traction control lights should be on.

Just be careful, no nannys to help you out when needed

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BOXER View Post
    Does the EZY FLASH pro allow you to turn 1st-2nd boost cut on and off?? might be a good feature to put in if it doesnt already..

Also.. please excuse my ignorance but which MPS came out in AWD?

(SPOT THE NEWBY) hehe

Cheers
    Mark
    That would be the 6
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    There is a method to turn off both the dsc and traction control off.
    To me, dad and my brother, the car certainly does feel punchier in 1st and second. Totally different to when just the dsc is off. Even when not driving in a manner to induce wheelspin, it feels better.
    As said, a boost gauge would tell exactly what is happening

turn the car off, hold the dsc button, start car while holding the button, keep holding it for few more seconds, then release. Dsc and traction control lights should be on.

Just be careful, no nannys to help you out when needed
    As bd581 said, I had a drive with the DSC turned off in his mps3 - good thing they have it - the car was a handful under acceleration in first gear - frightening - very reminisant of his highly modified Pulsar GTiR (the only 4wd I have seen light up all four wheels).

Quote Originally Posted by mymps3 View Post
    I think we need limiting in 3rd gear on some days!!!!

GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Rubbish!
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Rubbish!
    Gen II owners would wish to have limiting on all gears if they knew what acceleration feels in the Gen I.

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Gen II owners would wish to have limiting on all gears if they knew what acceleration feels in the Gen I.

"Why can't we just all get along?"
    For those of us that are 3MPS owners - Gen 1 or Gen 2 - the cars are all the bomb! I actually don't have anything against the Gen 1, they look hot!!

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Rubbish!
    Not sure about mymps3, but I may have been being a little facetious.........I love my 3rd gear power
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast