User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoon Hamilton 's Car Impounded !!!!

Red face Hoon Hamilton 's Car Impounded !!!!

Hamilton apologises for hoon driving
    March 27, 2010 - 12:14PM
    AAP

Formula One star Lewis Hamilton has apologised after being caught by police doing a burnout in his car in Melbourne on Friday night.

Former F1 champion Hamilton had his Mercedes impounded by police under Victorian anti-hoon laws for an incident as he was leaving the Australian Grand Prix circuit in Albert Park.

In a statement released by his racing team McLaren on Saturday, Hamilton said: "I was driving in an over-exuberant manner and, as a result, was stopped by the police.

"What I did was silly and I want to apologise for it."

Police said Hamilton's Mercedes skidded as it was being driven out of Lakeside Drive, Albert Park - near the entrance to the circuit.

The 25-year-old had his late model silver Mercedes seized by police to be impounded, and he was charged on summons with improper use of a vehicle.

The car will be eligible for release from 9am (AEDT) on Monday.

Leading Senior Constable Scott Woodford said Hamilton's rear wheels were losing traction as he accelerated out of an intersection.

"He was disappointed with the incident but extremely cooperative with police," Snr Const Woodford told AAP.

"Given that Melbourne's on the world stage with a lot of interstate and international visitors, we would expect drivers to observe road rules."

It came just hours after Hamilton recorded the fastest lap time in Friday practice for Sunday's Grand Prix.

Hamilton will return to the track on Saturday for qualifying ahead of Sunday's race.

It is not the first time Hamilton has fallen foul of the law over a driving incident.

Three years ago, French police impounded a car he was driving after he was caught speeding at 196km/h on a motorway - more than 60km/h over the speed limit.

He had his driving licence suspended for a month.

© 2010 AAP

[Source: Sydney Morning Herald]

Lewis Hamilton was charged under Victoria's anti hooning laws and had his car impounded by police overnight
    Last edited by shakespeare; 27-03-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Updated thread to include images and media copy
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

eh he probably got a spare one in the garage at home. he probably wont even bother picking it up from the impound hehe

3. Default

see wouldnt have happened if he was in an MPS6

Talking Spare amg !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunglist View Post
    eh he probably got a spare one in the garage at home. he probably wont even bother picking it up from the impound hehe
    A freind of mine in Melbourne believes Mercedes Aust just rolled out another $400k AMG for Luey loony hoon F1 star the next morning

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Nah, next morning he was picked up and taken to Albert Park as a passenger.

I think he needs daddy around to keep him under control

On Hamilton, refer also my post on:

Number plate frames? - Page 2

Do you believe that pulling burnouts on public streets should be tolerated?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Do you believe that pulling burnouts on public streets should be tolerated?
    QUOTE GUYS: He was losing traction NOT the he did a burnout get it right....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Here is another cr@p PR attempt to sugar coat the whole deal:

Hamilton said: ""This evening, I was driving in an over-exuberant manner and, as a result, was stopped by the police," said Hamilton."

"Over-exuberant " ?

While the same article says: "The McLaren driver did a burnout and a fishtail in a Mercedes car along Lakeside Drive in Melbourne and as a result he was pulled over by police."

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    On Hamilton, refer also my post on:

Number plate frames? - Page 2
    Totally agree with your remarks there.

Well said

In Hamilton defence, maybe he had no idea hoon laws existed..., however it only takes common sense to know that pulling burnouts and a fishtails in public on the public streets isnt safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    In Hamilton defence, maybe he had no idea hoon laws existed..., however it only takes common sense to know that pulling burnouts and a fishtails in public on the public streets isnt safe.
    It's very simple guys he was showing off to the girls, Hmmm maybe boys too maybe, so the wrong head was engaged at the wrong time... .. He paid the price not that will affect his bank balance....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

While I don't generally think that really "radical driving" should be undertaken in built up areas, the real problem highlighted here is that nanny-statism, political correctness and incessant bombardment by wowsers + cops + media means that Australians are being hammered into some kind of catatonic compliance on everything, from driving to taxation. This is the most over-regulated country in the world, with, at last count, about 1 bureaucrat for each 5 citizens, compared with the US with a ratio of about 1:25. And far too many Australians opt for it, vote for it, and pay for it.

No doubt the cops would be delighted if they achieve 100% compliance, zero road deaths, zero crime, and this is their aim, even stated sometimes. It might take 50 years but the newer generations will think this is and always has been the way and is normal.

But since the 70's, I've seen Oz change a lot, far more than many of the younger people on this forum might appreciate. A lot of that change is to do with the above-mentioned nanny-statism, political correctness and excessive, over-weening OH&S rubbish, all justified by "user-pays", "if it only saves one life" and revenue raising in the guise of "safety initiatives".

It has got to the stage that the very act of getting into a car and driving it is almost a crime, or potentially so. Hence drivers sit glued to the wheel, too often in the outside lane, as discussed earlier, white knuckled, often in appalling postures, driving badly in every other respect, but with their eyes riveted to the roadsides for police with laser guns, officious little twits in yellow jackets with their Multanovas and notebooks, overhead speed detection devices and cameras, to the exclusion of all else, terrified that they will contravene some often petty, mindless and ill-thought out regulation, such that they in fact become hazards themselves.

Safety is what you know, not what some fool bureaucrat with zero life experience would have you believe.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 29-03-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Default Re: Hoon Hamilton 's Car Impounded !!!!

@Doug.. Maybe that's why of late I feel the world is getting dumber, it's harder for natural selection to take place.

Just a couple of cops making a name for themselves. I don't think hooning around in built up areas should be tolerated, but where are the police when the yocal rednecks are doing burnouts around my house (live on a corner)? Happens almost every week and nothing is done. Had to move my wife's work car into the front yard as they smashed 2 drivers side mirrors off and smashed into the front corner of the car. Only a matter of time before they come through the front fence.
    Hamilton did the wrong thing, but if their going to book him then they need to get out and apply the same rules across the board.

Nice work Hamilton, Really I don't like the guy anyway...He's too up himself. As for being a good F1 driver, He was just very lucky to be in a strong car at the right time.
    There are much better drivers on the grid today. Good to see Button get one over him in Melbourne.

hooning around streets is one thing... but i kinda agree with doug... we are way over regulated... and as far as safety... i feel safer doing 150 in my mps3 then i did doing 100 in my 85 charade down the A1... except that your always scared of cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Nice work Hamilton, Really I don't like the guy anyway...He's too up himself. As for being a good F1 driver, He was just very lucky to be in a strong car at the right time.
    There are much better drivers on the grid today. Good to see Button get one over him in Melbourne.
    2010 F1 season starts NOW!!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

19. Default

If these road rules keep on going the way they are, soon kids on their push bikes will be charged for neg driving & speed camera's will be set up on foot paths (for people running too fast).

We have cars that can out brake, handle & have so much safety crap in them, for the cars in the 70's. Now we drive slower.........WHY..........

Smile Yes that is true !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    If these road rules keep on going the way they are, soon kids on their push bikes will be charged for neg driving & speed camera's will be set up on foot paths (for people running too fast).

We have cars that can out brake, handle & have so much safety crap in them, for the cars in the 70's. Now we drive slower.........WHY..........

While I fully agree with you I don't see the conection burnouts in a built up area by a f1 champion REALLY !!! --- UNCOOL & CHILDISH out on the open hwy for a bit of a fang different matter !

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast