User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoon Hamilton 's Car Impounded !!!!

MPSG, I'm with you on this one. In NZ in the 60's - 70's, we used to run Wellington to Auckland (~(600km) on long open but often winding roads, at speeds of up to or even over 160kmh, often for long periods at a time, not just quick passing bursts, and often at night, in any one of our Jaguar, a Jowett Javelin, and two Vauxhalls.

I recall sitting for ages at night in our Jaguar at a sustained 140kmh on the Desert Road, all my passengers fast asleep, then being passed at well over 180kmh by a Rover 2000 with all its passengers asleep too. We exchanged places quite a few times that night and had a nice comradely drive together for most of the trip, using each others lights to extend our view of the road ahead.

All but the Jaguar were on cross-ply tyres. Only the Jaguar and one of the Vauxhalls had disc brakes. All had stock lighting plus, maybe, spotlights, but no halogen globes. None had ABS, DSC, TC, airbags, etc. Two of the cars had no radio or outside mirrors!! With our first Vauxhall, carpets were optional, as were radio, exterior mirrors, and windscreen washer.

We'd often pass police at high speed, but if you were driving safely, you invariably waved, they waved back and left you alone. If you were doing something really dumb, they'd pull you over.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I see that the car is going up for auction..... This was a publisty stunt

Smile Just for the record !!!!

I totally agree with Doug and mpsg but I still think this is not a related matter burnouts in inner city streets are unacceptable by anyone nothing to do with over regulation which does absolutely suck . In Cairns over the last 10 years several YOUNG DRIVERS while attempting burnouts have lost control of their cars injuring and killing themselves ,passengers & pedestrians Hamilton's action's to me is a bad example to these younger guys .Just my opinion.

Col

Woot Woot. . . What a champ !

He's a young guy, very successful and his chosen sport/job give the guy a break

He's Young, of course he wants to burn rubber in his $250,000 Merc

Talking Have to agree to disagree !!!!

Micheal you know the type of young teenage boys that drive unsafe but modded heaps of junk that have no idea of car control I don't apply this example across the board .DO YOU NEED PROOF you are driving madaz around in the pissin rain you are only 22 but your skills and intelligence are in a different league than the burnout buffoons I'm referring to that gather on Thursday nights at 's WOREE but as I said b4 its just my opinion and you are entitled to yours as well I just wanted you to know I wasn't pigeon holing all younger drivers in fact idiot drivers can be any age but this does seem to be a teenage male problem ! If you don't bring Madaz back tonite ill look for you at's Woree .
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

There is always a time and place for any activity, this applies to driving cars aswell. Gonig for a fang on a twisty stretch of road is all good and well. But doing a burnout in a densley populated street with every possibility of losing control and/or maiming someone...uncool.

As for bieng a bad role model? Well kids will do it irregardless of hamiltons actions

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Woot Woot. . . What a champ !

He's a young guy, very successful and his chosen sport/job give the guy a break

He's Young, of course he wants to burn rubber in his $250,000 Merc
    Ohhhh he is young....

Ohhhhh he is very successful....

Have changed my mind......yes poor him! lets give him a break...such a hard life!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12