User Tag List

Thread: 335kw CX7

Default 335kw CX7

Just found this elsewhere, a little old, but, here you go anyway.

How does 335kW, 588Nm and a 0-100kph sprint time of 4 seconds sound? Pretty good right? Now, what would you get if you put that kind of performance in a Mazda CX-7 crossover?

You'd get the world's fastest soccer mom, of course.

In all seriousness though, Kesselman Motorsport's CX-7 is definitely the most badass crossover I've ever seen and with plenty of horses lurking under that heavily vented hood, it's sure to have the performance to back up the promises that wild bodykit makes.

The Kesselman CX-7 was commissioned by Mazda as a demonstration vehicle to complement the more mundane factory offerings on its stand, and apparently once the show is over the car will be used by some kind of performance driving school as an instructional vehicle.

Aside from the power output, Kesselman Motorsport aren't letting slip what this monster is packing. Whether it's a tuned version of the 2.3-litre turbocharged DISI I4 or something more exotic I've got no idea, but whatever it is, it's bound to be something special.

Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

335 killer wasps

That's one of the good things about journalism, you can present fairy tales as fact and never be held accountable. And no body does fairy tales better than a motoring journalist.

I dont know whether i want to spew on it or dry hump it

Fark . . nice, looks like a veilside mock up kit

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    That's one of the good things about journalism, you can present fairy tales as fact and never be held accountable. And no body does fairy tales better than a motoring journalist.
    Fiction often makes a better story than facts!

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    I feel a bit torn by it's looks too, however the large mouth reminds of a part from an inflatable product you can get from adult shops
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Trust you to say something like that
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Doesn't turn you on I see Missy.... Me don't mine the front rear just a little large
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Which one of the Ben 10 aliens is that thing meant to be?

Quote Originally Posted by 03blk View Post
    Which one of the Ben 10 aliens is that thing meant to be?
    dont know what your on about, but it sounds cartoony and funny !
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Fiction often makes a better story than facts!

I feel a bit torn by it's looks too, however the large mouth reminds of a part from an inflatable product you can get from adult shops
    I have no idea what you are talking about...please explain

that is wild,love it!!!

That is the WORST looking thing I have seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    dont know what your on about, but it sounds cartoony and funny !
    Ben 10 Alien Force? This kids cartoon? The car looks like 'Four Arms'... or so my 5 year old son thinks. Just ask any pre-school kid.

aka:

http://www.ben10website.com/wp-conte...-wallpaper.jpg

Otherwise... forget about it.

The car looks god awful...

I have no idea what you are talking about...please explain
    kinda like this advert from Burger King

“Fill your desire for something long, juicy and flame-grilled with the NEW BK SUPER SEVEN INCHER. Yearn for more after you taste the mind-blowing burger that comes with a single beef patty, topped with American cheese, crispy onions and the A1 Thick and Hearty Steak Sauce.”

Apologies to 2XS for taking his thread off topic, sorta....

looks like a massive gen 1, 3 at the front and the side.

Think about the power sapping geometry of the axles. They'd almost be forming a Z shape with that much of a drop. The CV joints would have a very short life span being constantly worked through such large displacement and I reckon any attempt to prove that 4-second claim would reduce that life span to about 0.1 of a second.

I see an FMIC i see....also isn't the cx-7 a mutation of the 6 platform? So it could be running 6 suspension geometry (same hang points off chassis?) with AWD which could then mean a lil test toy for mazdas new 6 MPS? DUM DUM DAAAAA..........stirring the pot yalll!!

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    I see an FMIC i see....also isn't the cx-7 a mutation of the 6 platform? So it could be running 6 suspension geometry (same hang points off chassis?) with AWD which could then mean a lil test toy for mazdas new 6 MPS? DUM DUM DAAAAA..........stirring the pot yalll!!
    Mixture of a Mazda 3/5 DNA in the platform, whilst AWD the rear end has a Ford control blade set-up and the front is MacPherson Struts!