User Tag List

Thread: Anyone sold their MPS lately?

Default Anyone sold their MPS lately?

I've got a 2006 MPS 3, 46,000km that I'm thinking about selling.

I'm well aware of what carsales says it's worth private sale, however I was interested to find out if anyone has sold their car lately and how much it sold for and how long it took to sell??

Thanks

Hi Team,

I havent sold an MPS, but I am looking and sadly there is a gap between buyer and seller atm - So I am finding!

ie. Mazda had a 2008 MPS3 Sports with 11,000kms on the clock - $38,990.
    Why in their right mind would someone pay this?

Unbelievably, it sat for minimum six months! They reduced to $36,000... Nothing.

$32,500 - Sold on the second day!

There are three reasons something doesnt sell:
    1 - Price
    2 - Price
    3 - Price

There is another 2006 MPS in SA with 36,000kms that started at 30k and 3 months later is down to $26,950.

In comparison there was a 2007 MPS Sports with 30,000kms that sold STRAIGHT AWAY for $28,500.

The point I am trying to make, if you price it realistically - It will sell!

3. Default

Generally most cars lose 40% in their first two years (30% in the first).
    New MPS $42k at two years I would expect to pick one up for ~$25-28K

i would expect more than 25k in two years. Depends on the car/kms obviously. If it was a commodore or falcon i would agree.

Here is what i have found,

I was after an MPS for 4 months, started looking ab BK's then Bought BL. here is the price they were going for

Cheapest BK was a Black 2006 with 60,000kms sold for 18K the day i called him i couldnt get to him that day with the money (cause it was a sunday) this was also a once of sale as he had to sell it for a wedding,

Most 2006 were happy to sell for around $22-24K (kms between 40,000-80,000)

Dealers wanted always 10-20% more then private.

hmmm makes me wonder whether it's worth selling.

So $25k would be achievable theoretically ?

what colour is yours?

I do know there was a red one on there with 40-50Kms that dropped there price to $22990 and it sold shortly after, (another one i was looking at)

I found that black and the cosmic blue/grey whatever were a bit more expensive.

cant hurt putting it on there for sale. Some people dont like traveling to buy a car so people may pay more for a local one.

Mine's a black MPS Sport

9. Default

buying a second hand car has to be compeling financially. I mean a new luxury version can be had at ~40k drive away. Even a 12 month old one would need to be ~30k or less to make sense. Else why would you not just buy a new one if the difference is a handfull of grand?

10. Default

Black sports 2006 with 46000kms on it yeah should fit around that 24-26 price depending on what else is on the market. black and sports is a good combination.

once again this is just my idea as i was looking for an mps for sometime.

Hey there.

Bought my late 2006 Black 3 MPS in January with 61k km for $23,000 in Cairns.

Seller had been trying to sell it for $4 or $5k more for a month or so but needed to shift it so the second I spotted it I was onto it.

Finding one local in Cairns was a bonus to me and (according to him) a hindrance to him. Most of his requests were from Brisbane and they lost interest when they realised the car was so far away.

Hope this helps...

Hope

I purchased my 06 mps3 that was 14months old. I paid 30K with mods on it.
    I sold it last year around July for 26K

I would expect

06 Model - 25K Max
    07 Model - 27K Max
    08 Model - 30K Max

I was looking at 06 models and i would probably pay 23-25 dependant on mods / km

Hey mate - I'm just selling my '08 MPS with 9200km on the clock at the moment..

Threw it on here at $37 000 mainly to see what sort of reaction I'd get - it's going on carsales.com.au next week for $32 500. Keen to sell, but if I get offers less than $30k I'll prob just keep it. Love the car, that's the problem..

I'll let you know how I go.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMPS3 View Post
    Hey mate - I'm just selling my '08 MPS with 9200km on the clock at the moment..

Threw it on here at $37 000 mainly to see what sort of reaction I'd get - it's going on carsales.com.au next week for $32 500. Keen to sell, but if I get offers less than $30k I'll prob just keep it. Love the car, that's the problem..

I'll let you know how I go.

A.
    How could you sell your car....it doesnt even have 10K on it

I wont be selling mine....simple...it has 132000kms on it...and its a Oct 06 build Jan 07 reg.

Happy Motoring
    duglet