User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Customer Service - MRT

Thumbs down Terrible Customer Service - MRT

Hey Guys,

Just wanna give you a quick rundown. 3 of us with MPS's applied for the Whiteline sway bars to be fitted in January (booked in for the end of Jan parts ordered at the beginning)15/01/2010 this year. All went in the same day to have them fitted (30/1/2010) to be told the Sway Bars don't fit and need to be sent back to whiteline. Then this is when all the fun started.

Anthony and I then booked in at MRT as we had been told over a month later since the 30/1/2010 that the sway bars had arrived back at MRT so we book in for the Friday and take the day off work (12/03/2010)

I sent an email to the owner of MRT 2 weeks ago (15/03/2010) and still we haven't gotten anywhere I have had to send another email (Today)26/03/2010 requesting an update. Its been 2 weeks since the owner of MRT has taken over the situation and tried to sort it out for us.

So that I don't have to type it all up again I am posting the email I sent to the owner of MRT for you guys to read. Just to give you an insite of the service MRT have given to Mazda owners when going in for Modifications:

I would like to give you an idea of my MRT experience thus far.

We needed to book the Whiteline sway bars in before Jan to receive the free install. We booked in 4 cars for one weekend to have the work done (3 x MPS, 1 x WRX). The only car that got done was the 09 WRX, we understand that the parts not fitting the Mazda 3 MPS is a Whiteline issue and that is fair enough. No dramas there. However I had to call MRT at least 3 times a week to chase up the parts as I was never called back with updates and quite a few of the times MRT staff had simply forgotten.

When Whiteline finally sent the fixed parts back to MRT we then book in for the install. I ask that 2 cars be booked in for last Friday (as confirmed in the email below) and also the other Mazda booking was done last Monday for a Saturday install to which he was told a few days later that a Mazda had come in – and that this Mazda was one of his mates (Anthony and I being his mates and we haven’t even been to the workshop yet) and that the install takes longer than expected so he has had to change his booking last minute to a weekday. So not sure which mate of his came in cause it’s no one we know.

So come the day of install. Anthony and I have taken the Friday off work and booked in a full day for you guys to install our parts. We drop off our cars in the morning to be told the following:

- There is only one car that has been booked in and that’s Matthew’s, I then said that I confirmed by email that there were 2 cars to have the work done. He then said yeah only got the one car booked but we’ll see how we go, but it looks like only the 1 car will get done today.

We leave hoping that in the full day that MRT will be able to fit sway bars to both cars.

I then call up at approx. 3pm to see if at least 1 car is ready, I then get put on hold for a while and I am then told that there is an issue fitting the sway bar to the stock bushes, however MRT have found a bush that fits my vehicle and the sway bars can now go in. However they only have 1 set of these bushes so they need to be ordered so they cannot do the other car and my car will be ready at approx. 5-5:30pm and that they also will NOT have time to do a wheel alignment. So I will need to re-book again to have my wheels aligned.

Anthony and I then turn up at approx. 4-4:30pm and I can see my car is sitting outside MRT ready for collection. I then go to collect and have to wait upstairs for 1 hour while the paperwork is done. Surely a wheel alignment could have been done whilst my car sits outside for 2 hours?

Just as I’m about to get into my car I remember to ask that I need my stock parts back. I go inside to reception to ask for the stock part to which I’m told yeah it’s in the boot of your car. I go to check this and I can only see ONE bar in the boot. I then go back into reception and ask “Hey there is only 1 sway bar in the boot” I am then told that only the 1 front sway bar was fitted. The rear one didn’t go in they need to go back to Whiteline. This I am told as I’m picking my car up.

All of us are very disappointed in the service provided by MRT. We understand that all issues regarding Whiteline parts are out of your control but the service we have received is just unacceptable.

We still have 2 cars to get the complete sway bars fitted and my car needs a wheel alignment and the rear sway bar put in.

Anthony took a day off work and zero work was done to his car. It took MRT a full day to install my front sway bar and the job wasn’t complete as the wheels still need to be aligned.

It is beyond a joke that now I have to book my car again for a wheel alignment and make another booking for the rear sway bars. You also have to re-book in Anthony who has already taken a day off work, for his front sway bar as I know there will be no chance of his rear sway bar going in due to a Whiteline issue again.

Does this also mean that the whole time the Front sway bars have always fitted on our cars? As it appears that the issue with fitting is only with the rear sway bars?

We are very disappointed and unhappy with our MRT service and experience and have not been treated like this by any other performance workshop. I would have been happy to have given good feedback to other car owners about MRT but at this stage I would advise them to seek service elsewhere.

Please note that I have CC’d in the other car owners.
    Last edited by mattmps; 26-03-2010 at 02:45 PM.

For the sake of reference, my front bar was installed by East Coast in about 1.5 - 2 hours while I waited, this included the wheel alignment, I did the rear myself in about 30 mins all said and done, mind you the Cobb sways had the correct sized bushes included in the kit, still its no excuse for the install time frames you are experiencing.

Shame that a famous performance shop like them operate that way.

That sux man......truely appauling service.

Default Re: Terrible Customer Service - MRT

And this is why I will only ever use east coast for suspension work.. Sorry to hear about your experience.

im another one that uses/has used Davids srevices at East Coast Suspension

Team Shire FTW

Fark, bad to hear m8, thought was only that dodgy up here in the north

wow not good to hear mate. My opinion is quite the opposite about them. Ive only ever had excellent service with them. I wonder why they were like that.

10. Default

hey mate when i asked them a while back about the whiteline sways they said that the bars were same or less diameter than the mps... unless whiteline have released a new product????

11. Default

My H&R sways were fitted at the same time as the coils. They had a fitment issue which the suspension place fixed. I developed a rattle a week later, took the car in (just dropped by), the shop owner stopped the work he was doing to diagnose my issue. Diagnosed the problem, ordered the needed part. Called me back a week later, part is in, bring it in tomorrow we will fit it while you wait. Fitted it, took the car for a spin put it back on the hoist to check it had not moved gave the car back inside of 2 hours.

And to go with this they made no money on the parts as I sourced them myself.

The moral of the story is, big companies that are doing you a "favour" are going to treat you as such! They don't need your business they made their money and will have plenty of other people in WRX's chasing their performance packs.

Default Whiteline MPS swaybars

G’day everyone,

Hope you don’t mind us piping in here but we were just told about this post.

mattmps, It might be a bit late but I’d like to apologise on behalf of Whiteline for our part in this saga. The fitter was up against some difficult choices because we came up with some problems with the spec on the MPS version rear swaybar versus the naturally aspirated.

Our tech guys are working on resolving this at the moment and I’d like to come back to you with more info once its available. Again, sincere apologies for the lost time and problems.

Cheers

Whiteline Jim
    jim@whitleine.com.au

Hello again,

Just want to provide an update on this. It is now 7/10/2010 I had originally booked in the Sway bar install for 30/1/2010....and guess what

THEY ARE IN...........BBQ???!?!?!?

After first getting them installed, 2 days later the bushes came loose on the rear swar bars and I had to take it back to MRT to get that fixed, so that's been done and finally I get to experience my car with the Whiteline sway bars, only had to wait 10 months.... :S

What else to say....review on the sway bars are good as long as nothing else comes loose or goes wrong. Cornering is a lot tighter and everything I had expected from the upgraded sway bars.

anywho will leave it at that I have nothing more to say.........................................my suggestion.......go with a proper built sway bar actually fitted for an mps and that works....such as the COBB sway bar set - http://mpsgarage.com.au/shop/product...aybar-set.html

I spoke to soon, the rear sway bar came loose again.....

i think ill be getting a refund now.......almost 11 months on........biggest fk around....its not even funny

Whiteline should not be selling Mazda 3 MPS sway bars when they don't even fit our cars....so pissed off about this

Forgot to also mention there was 3 of us with Gen 1 Mps's that have had to go through the same as we did it as a group buy.

One of the other guys Front sway bar came loose as well and he had already gone in to get that fixed. So far since its been fixed its been ok (1 week)

What to do??

I had front and rear Whiteline swaybars fitted a few months ago on my Gen.1 MPS and had no problems. Reckon they are brilliant.

Thats it... i give up....I have to go in to get some clamps fitted as the bushes keep popping out.

just FYI

G'day everyone,

mattmps, we'll work with you or MRT to get this fixed to your satisfaction. By all means go back to MRT but we're also available to find a technical solution for you.

If there is any way that you or MRT can send some pictures or details to support@whiteline.com.au we'll do what we can to help resolve. Or, send me a direct email to follow up with the guys.

Either way, we want to try to make sure we identify why this might be happening here as the MPS bars seem to be working out fine for other markets. Standing by.

Cheers
    Whiteline Jim
    jim@whiteline.com.au

20. Default

got some patience there mate 10 months for sway bar install. Be knocking on there door for a refund they don't need the bad press. Reviews are mixed about MRT some of my friends say they are great others say if your pockets are bulging with cash then your practically given a pedicure while you wait ah well strike 1 on the forum for MRT then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast