User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ezy-FLASH Pro for Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    As of yesterday ChipTorque have had some very positive results with the Ezy-FLASH Pro and Mazda 3 MPS (MY06-09)

With a test vehicle on the dyno we have been able to confirm:
    • Live Data Display parameters are operational
    • High-Speed data logging is operational
    • Reflashing process of locking an Ezy-FLASH Pro to the vehicle, selecting, uploading and reflashing a modified tune into the vehicle was a success
    • Reflashing speed is good (about 1 minute)

The product is therefore virtually ready for Beta testing, pending a few minor improvements to the firmware and data logging parameters.

Leah @ CT
    Well its been 2 months.....any progress on whats happening with Ezy-Flash...an actual release date???

Maybe you're working too hard to give us an update........

3. Default

Hi guys, I have been on annual leave so sorry for the delay in getting this update to you. I am waiting on instruction and direction from the head honcho's here at ChipTorque so I can promote a Beta test offer for the Mazda Ezy-FLASH Pro to some of the local MPS and CX-7 crew.

The specifics that are still to be finalised are:
    • Number of beta testers and vehicle types required
    • Requirement and feedback needed from beta testers
    • Price of Ezy-FLASH Pro for beta testers
    The beta testers can be existing ChipTorque customers with our custom flash tune or also new customers wanting an Ezy-FLASH Pro and tune. They will have to be able to come in and see us here on the Gold Coast during business hours.

Once I have this information then I will be posting here with the details and asking for beta test candidates.

More to come soon!

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    The EzyFlash Pro is the storage/flash tool. The custom tune is stored on the EF Pro and flashed to the car.

You are confused im afraid
    This is correct. The Ezy-FLASH Pro is primarily a storage device for the flash tune. The flash tune can be custom dyno tuned or we will be implementing mail order supply of the Mazda Ezy-FLASH Pro with mail order tuen set for basic modifications. So the results of an Ezy-FLASH Pro and custom dyno tune are identical to the results of the current method of custom flash dyno tuning - it is the same tuning method. Only thing is that you get the extra features of the Ezy-FLASH Pro product .

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Hmm i'm particularly interested in this.

But one question. Since my car was imported from Japan it's got a 180km speed cut, would this be able to change things so that is removed?
    I know the NZ/AU ones don't have that so probably not something dealt with normally. But any info would be appreciated. Track days will be horrible with the speed cut.
    You're right, we haven't dealt with a speed cut yet. We would suggest that we either reflash your vehicle with an AU tune, or send us your ECU or email your initial tune read out with an Ezy-FLASH Pro (in the future) so that our technicians can assess to locate the area of the tune relating to the speed cut. It is highly likely that we will be able to remove or increase speed cut by that method.
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

....This will be GenI only yes? That is, GenII is either still in development (if at all?)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    You're right, we haven't dealt with a speed cut yet. We would suggest that we either reflash your vehicle with an AU tune, or send us your ECU or email your initial tune read out with an Ezy-FLASH Pro (in the future) so that our technicians can assess to locate the area of the tune relating to the speed cut. It is highly likely that we will be able to remove or increase speed cut by that method.

Thanks for the response guys. I guess I'll wait and see how the testing goes. Can't really send the ECU as I need the car.
    Owner of the Mutant Gen I.

6. Default

Data Logging improvements and developments are still underway in the ChipTorque R&D Department. For this reason, there is a delay in finalising discussions about beta test group as we need the development to be completed before beta testing.

Leah @ CT

this has taken waaaaaay toooooooo long to get anywhere near close to being ready for the market,(although i do understand tha R&D takes time) unless you can be in line with Hypertech (ie, $400), i dont think that most of us want to wait any longer......

i must admit this is starting to be a bit of a joke.i was hoping that the testing would start shortly and that the product would be out by early next year but who knows now?

n this is only for the gen 1s sucks to b a gen 2 owner

11. Default Beta testing Invitation

THE WAIT IS OVER!

ChipTorque Ezy-FLASH Pro for Mazda Beta Test Offer

Open to the following vehicles:
    · Mazda 3 MPS Gen 1
    · Mazda 6 MPS
    · Mazda CX-7 – must be an unmodified vehicle

Beta testing is open to a strictly limited amount of candidates and must include at least 1 of each vehicle type.

Beta testers can be:
    · Existing ChipTorque customers who already has a ChipTorque Custom Flash Tune
    · New customer wanting a Custom Dyno Tune with an Ezy-FLASH Pro
    · New customer with a relatively standard vehicle wanting a plug-in Ezy-FLASH Pro (except CX-7)

Requirement of beta tester:
    · Local Gold Coast / SE Qld customers only
    · Able to come to ChipTorque during business hours (8:30 – 5:00 pm weekdays)
    · For vehicles requiring dyno tuning we will require the vehicle for at least 1 business day
    · For vehicles getting an upgrade or plug-in Ezy-FLASH Pro we will require your vehicle for at least half a business day
    · Bookings are essential
    · Can carry out testing of the following Ezy-FLASH Pro functions, repeatedly including:
    o Reflashing
    o driving with each tune variable to test suitability of tuning programs
    o diagnostic functions
    o live data logging
    o performance metrics
    · Report results back to ChipTorque for updates / fixes if necessary
    · Record results, events, issues and comments on provided beta testing data sheet

Risks of being an Ezy-FLASH Pro beta tester:
    As with any reflashing device there is a risk of failed flashes, although these should be fixable using the Ezy-FLASH Pro in 99.9% of cases. We anticipate that this would only occur should the tune variable provided be corrupt in some way, as all other Ezy-FLASH Pro recovery processes are quite robust and can be performed in the field with correct use of the Ezy-FLASH Pro product. Any remaining cases will be repaired by getting the ECU (or vehicle) and Ezy-FLASH Pro to ChipTorque’s premises (this is the reason ‘local customers only’ is specified). As we will be testing each tune variable in-house before we send you off to beta test, this instance will be highly unlikely.

What is the benefit in being a beta tester?
    You will be able to purchase your Ezy-FLASH Pro at a discounted price.
    For one lucky CX-7 owner with a standard vehicle, we will offer the custom dyno tune at a discounted rate too.

If this sounds like something you’d like to be involved in, please contact ChipTorque to express your interest and discuss. PM ChipTorque, email sales@chiptorque.com.au or call the sales team on 07 5596 4204. Beta testers will be selected at ChipTorque’s discretion.

Thanks, Leah @ CT

How is "THE WAIT OVER" for anyone else that doesnt live in QLD.......

13. Default

To be specific the wait is over for beta testing to begin. This is another step in the right direction toward nationwide support with Ezy-FLASH Pro for Mazda.

ETA on the Gen II?

will let u know when the gen 3 comes out

I just spoke with Leah the other day and am excited to have been able to put my name down as a beta tester. Taking my car in for a custom tune this Wednesday and trial the Ezy-FLASH for a period.

Nice going kfuNK

Cheers, Thought I'd go all out rather than the Hypertech Max Energy and so should you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Nice going kfuNK

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    I just spoke with Leah the other day and am excited to have been able to put my name down as a beta tester. Taking my car in for a custom tune this Wednesday and trial the Ezy-FLASH for a period.
    Yes we're also looking forward to Wednesday. This will be our first beta test unit heading out the door. Inhouse testing was carried out last week on a 3 MPS that was Custom Flash Tuned. Leah @ CT

20. Default

Here is the dyno graph from a Ezy-FLASH Pro for Mazda beta tester. The dyno graph shows the following tune variables:

98 Octane performance 18Psi
    98 Octane performance 15Psi
    Valet (limited by engine available torque to derive the power of a naturally aspirated engine)

We were not able to base dyno run this vehicle due to a pre-existing vehicle issue.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast