User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: turbo upgrade suggestions

i bought a catless down pipe it was about $340 with postage from the states $200 for high flow cat. $100 to fit.( but i had my down pipe out ready to put in..say $650 ish.. i dont go to newcastle much.. what do u want to know?

there s a quik pic of dump pipe... should have not had paint put on it but anyways lol...

the only thing was the co2 sensor cable not long enough. i had to unclip the clip( from the motor/bracket) and move the harness a few mm's to make fitment. DUE to they had to move the pick up back to fit cat

4. Default

good result and worked out cheap for the down pipe.

Im in newcastle and though if you headed down here often we might be able to catch up as im considering to mod my BL.

I will keep you posted.. .. as my wife was wanting to do some shopping lol.. where do u live?

6. Default

Im down in belmont north, but im often all around the palce.

Cuz my car is rattling windows and u can hear me 3 k's away... i have my car booked in to have a muffler that works lol under 90db's thanks not 98db's will be fitted tuesday.. and put on a dyno on friday so we can see the upgrade in numbers

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

hoping 40-50kw...????

What was it previously?

138kw

I have just put the CPe intake pipe on, with the upgraded turbo and CPe cai the intake pipe does increase power. intake is louder you can hear the turbo spooling a lot sooner than before im hearing it well below 2000rpm now. for $300 it was a good mod esp for the lower rpm turbo spool times. 200+ k's on no CEL's to speak off with TBE,turbo,cai,intake pipe.

BUMP this as there was some questions at the dyno day at Tune House about BNR

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

BNR STAGE 3 now availble $1200 us... +$250 core( if u dont send ur own) + postage 'guess' $140 =$1590 us ........$1630 au ( est ) using au dollar now

+ GST + duties as its over 1k

Blog Entries

Having talked to allstar tuning after considering the BNR - it's worth noting that they do a similarly robust rebuild including garret shaft - cost comes in similar to BNR import + customs, and you have a local 12month warranty, I think. Not a big difference in cost. Local source.

dont have to worry about customs tax. if u send ur turbo there its only work your paying for! your not buying the item ur having work done to it. 'the turbo u already own' would u like to pay tax on something you already paid tax on?

My BNR stage 3 should arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know if I get charged any tax and how much

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Having talked to allstar tuning after considering the BNR - it's worth noting that they do a similarly robust rebuild including garret shaft - cost comes in similar to BNR import + customs, and you have a local 12month warranty, I think. Not a big difference in cost. Local source.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Attachment 6240Found this.. its a bnr turbo 2860 internals, reflashed ecu, sri on 14psi.. i dont care about the HP (i think thats a bit :P) check out that curve

Yeah i saw that on the US forum recently. The numbers he was claiming seemed fairly impressive.

FYI - I didn't get charged any tax or duty on the BNR turbo as it was marked as "repair and return" and the value was only $300

well it is ur turbo just repaired the way mazda should have done it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    dont have to worry about customs tax. if u send ur turbo there its only work your paying for! your not buying the item ur having work done to it. 'the turbo u already own' would u like to pay tax on something you already paid tax on?
    This might be true regardless of core return as they are reconditioned rather than new items? Even if you buy a core, you're still buying a reconditioned item.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast