User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: turbo upgrade suggestions

1. Default

So $1410US for a stage 1 upgraded turbo.. (approx. $1550AUD)
    not sure whether this is good or bad...
    anyone want to start a cost of turbo rebuild/hi-flow vs BNR stage 1 plug and play???

the BNR satge 1,2 is PnP will bolt straight up. the stage 2 will only set u back another $150us. i was looking at other builds and they were about the same price $600 upwards. I choose the BNR cuz it has a Garrett internals ( from K04 into Garrett Gt2860). as for what its like i will let you know when i have it in

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

you can cut the price back a bit by sending your own turbo to Bryan BNR
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

3. Default

Ok... so i have rang around, GCG in Condell Park NSW is charging around $1100 to rebuild and hi-flow stock mps turbo.... Easternturbos in MELB are charging $1200 and Turbo Australia in QLD hasnt done a MPS turbo yet so no price on them as of yet.

WOW... i wasnt expecting it to be that costly to rebuild and hiflow.....

Luke: So with your stage 1&2, you are using a MPS stock turbo and getting the guts ripped out and rebuilt right? Would you possibly have the part no. for the stock turbo?

4. Default

Options 1 - BNR - Approx. $1500 gets you a core change to Garrett internals, rebuild and balance;
    Option 2 - Approx $1100 - 1200 to rebuild , balance and hi-flow the stock unit.

I think i know which Option i would be hunting down....

Not sure of part number. correct me if im worng 3/6mps k0a turbos are the same as far as fittment. yes garrett internals

this is what i have -
    The BNR stage 1 is a 100% bolt up no fabrication required. It flows enough for 320 AWHP/350 FWHP. It consists of a GT28 Disco Potatoe non ball bearing CHRA (center housing rotating assembly). The end housings are CNC machined to fit the CHRA and all factory oil lines, water lines, and stock wastegate actuator bolt up with no issues! This is perfect for someone that wants reliability but be as close to stock as possible. The BNR stage 1 consists of:
    • CNC machined turbine and compressor housings
    • GT28 CHRA (center housing rotating assembly)
    • high performance thrust assembly
    • garretts latest compressor and turbine wheel designs
    • 1 year warranty (extendable to 2 years)
    • NO SMOKE!
    stage 1-$1050US
    stage 2-$1200US
    postage-$110US
    core exchange- $250US
    (you can send your own which would cost u less)
    this was the price i was quoted. might change?

theres the link-www.bnrsupercars.com

6. Default

Great find and info luke..... for the price that they are charging overseas is pretty well worth the hassles of sending your turbo over. I have rang another place in whetherill park 'MTQ' and they first quoted me $1800 for the rebuild/hiflow.... (wtf) then i told them have had another quote from GCG and the best price they could offer was $1400.... Now if BNR can do all that with warrenty and quailty then i would possilbly go down that route....

I would like to hear of your results and outcomes of your turbo when you get it back and installed... hope it is good and well worth the wait.

Ill keep posting any other local sources if i can come across any.... (not much around OZ and at a good price)

you could always buy a blown turbo over there get it sent to BNR. (i was happy just sending $250 for the core. got the turbo to me quicker ...) i will up grade my progess as i go hope to ahve it this week...HOOOPPPING

8. Default

Well i now have a spare turbo, in pretty good nik!!! i really hoping that i could get it done locally and at a resonable price too.... but so far i am looking at 1200 up!!

Oh btw Luke, is your turbo getting ball bearing internals?

no.. its not ball bearing..

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

i would have paid extra for teh ball bearing lol...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    it will not lean the car off one bit..

the ECU will just add a few more % to the fuel trims. Target and achieved AFR's remain unchanged. Get an inlet you sissy.. just make sure you dont spool past the cops. . Theres a good kick in power when you get rid of the POS intake box.. thanks mazda

DOC.... I have just got a CP-e CAi!!!! ..

got a email from Bryan from BNR turbo was sent today.

niiice

Real nice work with the information on the situation on the turbo's

I will ring maybe tonigh or so for a stage 2 turbo
    that still leaves me with change from what i planned to spend
    though i am a bit deterred by the slump in our dollar at the moment.
    Must be close to getting yours now luke. would like to hear what your impressions of the new turbo.
    but i guess that it's proven on forums in the states.
    again thanks for your efforts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eureka..gif 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	3919  

yes got the turbo. it looks like a normal k04 in a photo, so i didnt bother wit the photo. but u can see the difference in centre housing. i had just one issue with the water line the bolt was a few mm's off fitting up sweet had to bend the pipe in a couple of spots to fit it, i put the smallest little crease in the pipe not bad enough to restrict flow much.. have a cpe cai coming tomorrow i hope. intake pipe from mps garage prob thursday.. if you ring BNR, bryan.... let him know there has been some interest here, might start something for other members here..

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    yes got the turbo. it looks like a normal k04 in a photo, so i didnt bother wit the photo. but u can see the difference in centre housing. i had just one issue with the water line the bolt was a few mm's off fitting up sweet had to bend the pipe in a couple of spots to fit it, i put the smallest little crease in the pipe not bad enough to restrict flow much.. have a cpe cai coming tomorrow i hope. intake pipe from mps garage prob thursday.. if you ring BNR, bryan.... let him know there has been some interest here, might start something for other members here..

Turbo IN woot.. CAI,TBE on.. what can i say its been transformed! the turbo is magic pulls very well starts to spool same time as standard K04 but it continues to pull over 5000rpm could not beleive over 5000rpm teh throttle pulling off didnt effect it much until 6100rpm!!. Cant wait to get teh throttle flash, (nice even pull through the rev range)......... the sound of the intake is like nothing else lol.. the forge bpv sounds like a bov now ..

Would highly recommend the turbo it was exactly what i wanted nice even pull from 2200-6000 and looks standard

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I gave it a bit up a hill got to the top stopped to have a look under the bonnet just to check for water/oil leaks. was so much smoke from the brun off from teh turbo and exhaust. there was some council workers when i stopped they thought my car was on fire when i openned the bonnet. my bro's and i were laughing at how much burn off of oil/paint/WD40. we continued on for about another 5k's stopped again and it was all clear. 70ks on and no CEL's or smoke, oil, water leaks. just have to retension everything now.. i was supprised at the condiction of the standard turbo its in very good order 57000k's on!! im gald i didnt send it to BNR to be pulled apart..

Thanks for the write up Luke great work... My turbo has only 47,000k's on it, still might just keep waiting......

16. Default

are you still running the stock intercooler?

good result to not get any CEL.

standard intercooler at the moment. 110k's now no CEL's... im very happy with the result. its a great shoot out to all here and the info/knowledge on this forum...without it i would be in trouble for sure, all teh info about CEL's where cats should be, placement of sensors, how the ecu reads things you cant put a $$ on this info . its a combined effort really..

Well done Luke....glad to hear it all went smoooooothly for you. A dyno would be nice to compare with your earlier result.......

yeah have to wait for a day off next weeek friday i think

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

The guy weilding for tony said it wasnt easy to weild the cat in and and get it to fit... i said WELL U DIDNT HAVE TO GET IT OUT ... Tony said when i was leaving if it goes wrong dont come to me ( he meant it in a funny way) i said no worries i can fix anything as long as you did what i said all will be fine. hehehehe ( but i dont think he beleved me ) i have to pay him a visit later due to the exhaust being 95 db.. i want it 87/88 db

20. Default

what sort of money did it cost for your down pipe with cat?
    do you get to newcastle much?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast