User Tag List

Thread: Help make my decision!

1. Default Help make my decision!

Hey ya'll.. Well im a new member, but not yet an owner of an MPS. I joined to try and get some info on the car that I may well buy. Lookin at getting MPS6. I currently own a RS Liberty thats heavily modified and pushin 230 kw ATW.

Its a fun car but need to move on, so im hoping to find out lotsa stuff about the MPS. Like power at wheels, what kinda turbo they run and maxium boost that they can handle etc.

Hopefully make my mind up, the other car im also considering is a Subaru GT Liberty.

Let me know on your thoughts and i hope to contribute to the forums if i can.

Peace

Welcome! Quick stats for 6 MPS.

Power at wheels. Stock ~145-150kw

Turbo - Hitachi-Warner K04

Max Boost ~18psi

3. Default

Thanks for the info, just wondering what the gearboxes are like? Are they pretty strong can they take a big gain in horse power or they made of glass like the soobey boxes?

Not too many gearbox issues from what I have heard.. I dont think anyone on OZMPS has done one yet!

Rods however.....
    Last edited by Jmac; 29-03-2010 at 09:34 PM.

5. Default

Ok thats a plus then.

6. Default

welcome hope you find yourself a nice MPS6 ... do you live southside, think I have seen (and heard ) your RS

Cant really help you on your other info as mines stock as a rock but I love it to pieces anyway

Are you tossing up between the new Liberty and the MPS6 or an older style Liberty ?
    Last edited by blackbetty; 30-03-2010 at 06:56 AM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

good luck with your search for a 6. seems like everyone on the site are happy with theres and seem to not have too many issues. i am sure they will b able to give u hlepful advice

I just got 3 weeks ago, my MPS3. I also was looking at the 6, but the Mazda dealers told me they didn't have them anymore, the only one was the 3. I got it all standard and it's plenty fun. Still have to take it against my friends 09 SS.

With all the cars I've had in the past, this would stack up there as the best, however also been my first Mazda, i'm a little concerned on how good the servicing departments are and the overall quality of Mazda.

A coworker has the subaru liberty GT, it's nice and all, but having to sit in the back each time going out with him to lunch, i'd prefer it if he had a MPS3.

GL with your choice, but MPS3 is a sure winner.

Snowy.

Off topic...77SNO saw you at Garden City car park today, I was in the Blue Gen 1 3 MPS. Nice ride you got there Welcome to the forum.

NO ! ! ! Get an MPS3 Much quicker car. .

11. Default

theres no difference LILZR obviously them coming from a Subaru they have a preference to AWD hence wanting a 6 ... useful post

12. Default

Orrie, please...You know you want to buy an XR5...

Head to the XR5 forums and take a peek around..

At least ours don't break hehehehehe

@ XR5 and MPS 3 hard sell

MPS 6 - very happy with mine, had some minor problems which have been fixed (see Tech Talk threads) but would definitely recommend them! They can be a little heavy but have a great chassis and stick to the road like not many other cars out there, interestingly lap times by some of the car mags place it quicker or similar to the MPS 3 Gen I! And for me the cabin is a much nicer place than many other cars of similar value!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

After having both a 6 (non mps) and a 3 MPS I like the interor of the 6 better. Had some better features, like trip computers which are not in the 3. Also the instrumet cluster is much nicer.

Dad has had his MPS6 snice new 04 or 05.. But it has had no issues at all. Only thing it had was a clutch replacemet done under warranty, even though the clutch that was in there was fine.

15. Default

Hey guys,, Yo black betty, im on the northside. U may have seen my RS but it doesnt get driven too often. Ive done 40,000 k's on it in 7 years haha.

Well i was thinkin of a gen 4 lib, 04 - 05. But id only get a wagon, as like em better, but the mps6 sedan is so freakin hot with a set of nice wheels and scrapin on the ground.

XR5??? Havnt even considerd it, dont know much about em.

Best thing you can do is go and test drive all the cars in your list. I picked a MPS3 over a MPS6, XR5, CX7, Golf GTI and a 2005 Subaru STi.

Happy test driving, let us know your impressions