User Tag List

Thread: Achilles Tyres- Any Good??

Default Achilles Tyres- Any Good??

Offered them with my new rims and was wondering if theyre good tyres?or if i should upgrade?

I have a set of 4 on my car....had them since about 85K...

I now have 130K on my car..and they still have about 25% left..

They are fine...grippy and long wearing...

I have done a few mountain runs on gold coast and canberra with them on

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Are they noisy at all?

i have these as well on 19's,i think they are good,no more noisier than stock 18's i think

i have 2 on my work car, 195/50/15s, now this is a merc A160, but been on 6 months, still heaps of grip and fairly quiete... i like em!! as for a performance tyre, im not too sure there!

well the choice is achilles directionals or maxxis directionals?what u reckon?Maxxis will be $200 more?

maxxis i had on the speed 3.. they take a while to get grippy, for about 2 weeks they were yuk.. i mean slippy, so be careful.. they went from shocking to really good tho

thanks man...ill see whatever the best deal i can get is...anyone know anywhere that offers good deals on the gold coast?THanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    maxxis i had on the speed 3.. they take a while to get grippy, for about 2 weeks they were yuk.. i mean slippy, so be careful.. they went from shocking to really good tho
    Beware of Maxxis tyres, they had a crook batch of tyres that wore through to the steel on the inner wall, just below the tread. BOB JANE was aware of the problem but wouldn't warrant the tyres - although another Maxxis importer was prepared to give some sort of warranty.

10. Default

I have a set of these tyres on my HSV in 19's. I was sceptical at first but for the money these tyres are great. They are wearing well and are nice and grippy. Wet weather performace is also good. They dont quite have the performance handling of my previous set (Dunlop SP Sport MAXX) but you have to be driving pretty hard to notice.

I would recommend the Achillies. Have not used the Maxxis.

i got maxxis..not that grippy tbh...were really uiet for first two weeks now they are noisy as..really gets on my nerves..wont use them again

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but how did these tyres wind up going for people.

i CBF spending loads on tyres. and these seem like great value

Would be interested to know about the 123S tyres and how the compare to RS3/AD08 tyres.

they dont rate comapred to RS2/3/AD08 tyres.

they used to be the bess knees 5-6 years ago when they first came out due to prices vs performance. but most people i know that have used them for the track, have switched them to something else and brought better tyres before their end of life.

Thanks. Was looking at AD08 for next set anyways, so might just keep that my #1 pick.

@Pistol Pete, I had Achilles on my old VYSS, there are very cheap and you get alot of K's out of them but they seem to be a very hard compound Tyre so if you want lots of performance and grip shop elsewhere. In the bone dry my car would go sideways at 140km, got a bit scary at times. Nitto NT05's fixed that lol

Had them on the 6. Ended up changing after 2000kms. Didn't suit the feel of the car and felt they were underperforming. Had them on my previous Skyline.

Okay for a cheap tyre, good wet weather, I would buy them again just not for the 6.

Cheers Lads!

Great feedback. i will try kumho or federal tyres this time then...

i have learnt cheap tyres = cheap pain.... tyres grip you to the road, you can have everything without the contact patch all is money wasted

Best all round tyres michelin PS3 i have gripper tyres but they roar'd like a ****!!!

I ended up getting KU31 for $13 more a corner. And in the oem size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk