User Tag List

Thread: Problem; front left side window will not go down?

Default Problem; front left side window will not go down?

Hi all,

I jumped into the car today and it was really really hot after sitting in the sun, to cool it down so i could drive like anyone would I put down all the windows except I had a problem the front left side window will not go down?

I can hear it click but it appear to me the window is jammed/frozen in place.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Im wondering if the heat has seized/heat locked the engine?
    will try again once the car cools

Strange anyone....ideas??
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Hey - YEP i have the EXACT same problem, only on very hot days. By accident I discovered that if you press the drivers side master control for the passenger window, AND the passenger window control at the same time, the system some how resets itself and you will be able to drop the passenger side window. I havent worked out what the heat does to the electrics to cause the problem in the first place, but this fixed it for me, let me know how you go, we may not be the only ones...

lol. suppose its not that funny... but thanks for the heads up. will keep this in mind for sure.

Blog Entries

Yep mine has done this forever...just wait till she cools down and she works like a gem.

yep this morning was a cool morning and the window worked again....??? is it just 1 window or all do it from time to time?

This is the 1st time it has happened in almost 5yrs.

Blog Entries

I have found its only that one window!!

Freaking weird since the window mechanism is the same as the back windows (driver side is obviously different because of the controls)

Maybe it's the Mazda version of the XBOX red ring of death, caused by cheap solder which softens when the joints heat up, it's not inconceivable that this sort of thing is happening inside the electronics which control the windows.

I came back to my car this afternoon and the drivers window will not work! All other windows working fine. Drivers one was working perfectly this morning...

If its not working again in the morning, is there any other common problems with them?

Boost - try my "reset" trick i mentioned above in this thread..I have never had the drivers side stop working, just that one front passenger side for some reason, and only on hot days... My drivers side window sounds like its about to snap when it closes though, the mechanism places too much force on the window when it reaches the top, but thats a story for another day, i dont want to hijack this thread....