User Tag List

Thread: Ets tmic 3.25"

Default Ets tmic 3.25"

hi guys and girls,
    i just installed a new ETS TMIC on my Gen 1 MPS 3, every things was fine during the installation, but when i try to close the bonnet, it was hard to close, is this normal???
    Cheers

I've heard that the 3.5" rubs on the shroud. I'd recheck that I have everything installed correctly and if it's still an issue ask the supplier.

Should not affect your ability to close the bonnet. Should close as normal.....

Wasn't an aftermarket engine mount required to stop rubbing on the TMIC or was that the 3.5" variant?

i would say an engine mount would be the first mod anyways, it was mainly for the 3.5" to stop it from knocking the firewall
    remove it all again and put it back on, it should fit without issues

thanks for input everyone
    the TMIC is 3.25", i took it out and reinstall it agian, every thing is fine,
    but i find out it wasn't the IC holding the bonnet up, is the plate around the IC,
    is there anyone has the same problem???
    Cheers

ETS had a bad run a while ago.. mounts were welded at the incorrect angles. Resulting in the shroud (and the whole IC) sitting up a bit higher.. thus compressing the rubber skirt on bonnet closure. It will be the fwd mounting bracket. I heated it up and bent it (so it does not crack) forward by about 5-7mm. ETS have addressed this issue, So i assume you either have a second hand IC, or it the mount has been bent during shipping.

untill you fix it.. just remove the shroud. That is assuming you dont have a welded one...

its a simple fix.. good luck mate

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    ETS had a bad run a while ago.. mounts were welded at the incorrect angles. Resulting in the shroud (and the whole IC) sitting up a bit higher.. thus compressing the rubber skirt on bonnet closure. It will be the fwd mounting bracket. I heated it up and bent it (so it does not crack) forward by about 5-7mm. ETS have addressed this issue, So i assume you either have a second hand IC, or it the mount has been bent during shipping.

untill you fix it.. just remove the shroud. That is assuming you dont have a welded one...

its a simple fix.. good luck mate

Doc
    thanks Doc, i have the new one from rpm store, problem just like what you said, the shroud sitting up a bit higher. so it pushing the rubber skirt on bonnet closure.
    but if i remove shroud, some of the airs won't go through IC.

^^

correct.. this is just an interim measure...

Remove the whole TMIC, and with caution.. bend the fwd leg towards the TMIC itself.. (ie upwards)...

only say 5mm

this should then allow everything to sit correctly..

Best of luck

Doc

^^

correct.. this is just an interim measure...

Remove the whole TMIC, and with caution.. bend the fwd leg towards the TMIC itself.. (ie upwards)...

only say 5mm

this should then allow everything to sit correctly..

Best of luck

Doc
    i already done it, but it doesn't help much.
    anyway, i will leave it on for couple weeks,
    see if every things ok or not.

just keep adjusting it.. maybe your read mounts are out of whack as well.. took me a couple of goes..

if you leave you rubber skirt loaded to the heck.. it will rub on the shorud, and will quickly fall appart

just keep adjusting it.. maybe your read mounts are out of whack as well.. took me a couple of goes..

if you leave you rubber skirt loaded to the heck.. it will rub on the shorud, and will quickly fall appart
    can you tell me where is the rear mounts locate?

what do you mean mate?

The rear mount may just need to be adjusted a little.. bend it towards the IC..

it locates on the rear IC mount.. just rear of the rocker cover. Make sure you use the top hat bush and rubber grommet.

Doc