User Tag List

Thread: Service - MPS - 5000km

Default Service - MPS - 5000km

Team

Do I need to service the MPS3 @ 5000km (6 months old).
    It had its freebie at 1000km but thats it.

It doesn't get driven alot, but when it is, it is driven like it should be

Damage over this way is around $300 for this service.

Thoughts?

2. Default

Only if your 5000k's has been longer than 12 months
    I would not bother otherwise. Its just over-servicing.

There are mixed reports about oil and how it breaks down over time, particularly if you're only doing short start/stop runs, but as you drive yours properly I can't see too much of a problem with leaving it (Oil experts please add your data)

If your worried or want to baby your mps, do an oil change and filter every 5k yourself. Save yourself a few dollars and only get it serviced by mazda at its major intervals

doesn't it break your warranty if you don't get it serviced at 6 months?
    i'll probably be in the same situation come august unless work sends me to ridiculously far locations

im in the same boat PerthMPS.

I have 4300kms on the clock now and its 6.5 months old. The dealer even sent me out a reminder that it was due.

im going to start to use my car alot more for work but i wont see 10000kms till atleast 2-3 months time. (selling my other car)

My old BMW had 12months/20,000kms service intervals. I highly doubt that 6 months will be the limit of time for the oil in the MPS.

I hope it doesnt cause any issue if i have a warranty claim down the track

Just for peace of mind you should change the oil on either the time interval or mileage - whichever comes first - that is the recommendation of all oil companies and vehicle manufacturers.

When I traded my Nissan 200SX the dealer had a giggle to see that on a few occassions the oil had been changed at 6 months but only travelled 1500 kilometres.

pschttt... that was the sound of the can of worms.... but what oil,brand and rating, should I use?

Use the rating in the owners manual (5W 30) I use Castrol Edge. This thread here has some details on oil

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...e-changes.html

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    Just for peace of mind you should change the oil on either the time interval or mileage - whichever comes first - that is the recommendation of all oil companies and vehicle manufacturers.

When I traded my Nissan 200SX the dealer had a giggle to see that on a few occassions the oil had been changed at 6 months but only travelled 1500 kilometres.
    nothing happened to my mps6 when i did wait till 10,000kms !

not going to fall for the dealers trap (more $$$ for them) in servicing every 6 months or 10,000kms which ever comes first
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

But doesn't your warranty require 6 month servicing? So not falling for their trap to pay them the $ to service the car may cost you bigger $ in the end if they try and void your warranty?

12. Default

Called Mazda today about it and they said that a month here or there isn't any issue but if you take a very long time to change it and you do have a warranty claim the dealer has to be able to prove that the fault was caused by the oil not being changed eg, the oil turned into sludge and blocked the oil pump and the engine seized. If they can prove it then warranty won't stand.

Very hard to see them prove that the oil went to sludge or caused the problem cause it was 2-3 months older then recommended.