User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ¤Stone chips FTL¤

dOttY Guest

Default ¤Stone chips FTL¤

Okie dokie... I have some stone chips. Now that I've finally stopped crying about it, and I have the Touch Up Paint in hand... is there a particular method I should follow?

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

The only suggestion I would put forwards to not use it- it will look like crap as the paint will be uneven. Try a permanent marker as a short term fix, and then when you have enough of them (which you will in time) get a touch-up gut to fix it properly.

^^^^^^^^
    Exactly what he said.

By the way DOtty, your order is on it's way Express
    Last edited by ZAS; 31-12-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Blog Entries

I tried it on mine with as much care as humanly possible and the stone chips look better then the touched up areas...

dOttY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Exactly what he said.

By the way DOtty, your order is on it's way Express
    Thanks so much Joel! Oh, and if I may ask, those exact stripes on the bonnet in your Signature pic, if I wanted to purchase them, any idea on where?

Cheers,
    Christa

dOttY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    The only suggestion I would put forwards to not use it- it will look like crap as the paint will be uneven. Try a permanent marker as a short term fix, and then when you have enough of them (which you will in time) get a touch-up gut to fix it properly.
    Thanks Pete, much appreciated. I'll get the trusty permanent marker out.

Blog Entries

No prob- and post some close up pics once you have done it please

The pic in my signature isn't actually my car. It's some MPS Extreme pic I found on Google. Looks nice though hey!

dOttY Guest

I like the bonnet decals, but not the ones on the rear sides... ugh! Knowing me though, I'd buy them and then hate them...lol!

Would look alright if it was a black MPS...

Quote Originally Posted by dOttY View Post
    Okie dokie... I have some stone chips. Now that I've finally stopped crying about it, and I have the Touch Up Paint in hand... is there a particular method I should follow?

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    I got the Mazda touch up paint... went to an art store, and picked up some really fine paint brushes.

The Brush in the touchup canister is cr@p. I just stick the art brush in, get a bit of paint on the tip and carefully colour the chip in - cant notice them on mine now. Works heaps better than having a huge 'blob' of paint on the bonnet!! (or a ugly-a$$ chip)....
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Blog Entries

Can you post some close-up pics?

thanks,

I've heard of people using sewing needles to apply the touch up paint too, never tried it myself. It apparently gets just the right amount on and is good for small scratches and chips.

You can use either a small sewing needle or toothpick to fill in the stonechips.

Personally myself...I just waited till my whole bonnet was covered in white dots and then got it resprayed.

I now have another small stonechip on the front....aww well.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Stone chips on paint are annoying but at least you can touch them up. A stone chip on the windshield right in front of the driver however...

Try this for a stone chip. Drivers side rear mirror. About 2mm deep.

17. Default

If you guys are really keen you could try this. If you manage to get a small blob you can get some 2000grit wet n dry and a hole punch, yes a hole punch. Empty the hole punch first and punch a hole in the 2000 grit. then in the collection part take the little round bit of 2000grit and glue it to the end of a lead pencle. then by rotating the pencil between thumb and trigger finger you can carefully level the blob then buff the shine back. Hard part is you need the touch up paint to stick other wise it will fall out.

When I got the ute I used a pin to do all mine and all but a few are not really visable. And certainly look better then white primer. When they get real bad its just a good excuse for a XR8 bonnet.

Chris
    Driven By Shine
    Automotive Detailing
    0402 DETAIL - 0402 338245
    www.drivenbyshine.com.au

18. Default

Thanks so much Joel! Oh, and if I may ask, those exact stripes on the bonnet in your Signature pic, if I wanted to purchase them, any idea on where?
    I like the bonnet decals, but not the ones on the rear sides... ugh! Knowing me though, I'd buy them and then hate them...lol!
    The other day I was at M Automotive on the Gold Coast, They do my signage and paint protection film when I get clients that want it. And I saw this pic.

I remembered someone saying they liked them and where were they from.

Give Chad a call he will custom make anything in any colour. Tell him I sent you.

Chris

www.mautomotive.com.au

Last edited by Driven By Shine; 09-01-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    Driven By Shine
    Automotive Detailing
    0402 DETAIL - 0402 338245
    www.drivenbyshine.com.au

dOttY Guest

Hey, thanx for your help!

Hi everyone, I'm at a stage where I have enough stone chips, marks from people opening doors into me and 4 dents from a shopping trolley - that I'm looking for a good dent/scratch fixer...anyone have any recommendations - Southside Brisbane or mobile?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast