User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Test drive CX7 ~ Disappointing

The turbo cx7 has a smaller turno and weight more so there go using more fuel and in my opions the subie is andthe huyundia's are the most hideous looking cars.....if anyig I wou,ld go woith a vitaria....but then I would have a diesel CX7 forst anyday

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    The turbo cx7 has a smaller turno and weight more so there go using more fuel and in my opions the subie is andthe huyundia's are the most hideous looking cars.....if anyig I wou,ld go woith a vitaria....but then I would have a diesel CX7 forst anyday
    Vitara? puke! No taste what so ever.

I like the Santafe as it has the flared arches and the a$$ end much like my ex 07 MPS. It also has HUGE amounts of space for a family, and it doesnt hesitate to beat V6 commodores off the lights (my wife has done this a few times!)

Suziki Vitaras are like match boxes without any power. They're also a Suziki FFS!

If you're single w/o kids, go the CX-7 (even tho its gutless and floats like a boat without any road feel)
    If you're attached with kids, go the Santa Fe. You wont wack your kids heads on the a-piller, or strain your back avoiding hitting your kids heads on the a-piller - when putting them in a car seat.

If you want a car with >3 years warranty covering all parts & labour, definately go the Santa Fe. 8 years unlimited everything is litterally 100% coverage for the life of the vehicle.

Sante Fe.... I know its not a bad car but hmmm Korean. You will loose big time on re-sale.

CX7 is very popular and easy to sell at a good price.

Sub is good but looks ugly.

The Sante Fe is one of those cars that, despite being quite good, really struggles to get beyond it’s own slightly iffy identity. SUVs are a style statement. Hyundai really isn’t.
    I think that about sums it up.

4. Default

For a long time I thought Hyundai was Shyte. 6 months ago, that opinion hadn't changed - until... I read all the 4x4 mag reviews, test drove the opposition, and actually took one for a drive .

During our (my wife and I) 3 months of searching for a safe, reliable, feature packed and roomy SUV, we test drove the lot. For BBFYB, driveability, performance and space, the Santa Fe is a clear winner.

The problem with the Sante Fe is not the "iffy" identity this SUV has - its the fact that people can't get over or past the "Hyundai" badge. Rebadge it with any other brand, and it would be a winner.

Hyundai has come a long way over the last few years - They're quite the "crouching tiger" waiting to pounce on the car industry - they even continued to improve R&D spending over 150% more than Toyota and other "leading" car manufacturers during the Global Financial Crisis. Infact, they're the one car company that turned a higher profit than in previous years, all because they offer good value and reliability.

Nzjono, when you're out there looking at all the "hyped" up SUV's on the market to fit yourself, your wife, and 2.5 kids, I reckon you'll think twice about the Santa Fe, because its just so damn good.
    Last edited by Wardski; 28-03-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    For a long time I thought Hyundai was Shyte. 6 months ago, that opinion hadn't changed - until... I read all the 4x4 mag reviews, test drove the opposition, and actually took one for a drive .

During our (my wife and I) 3 months of searching for a safe, reliable, feature packed and roomy SUV, we test drove the lot. For BBFYB, driveability, performance and space, the Santa Fe is a clear winner.

The problem with the Sante Fe is not the "iffy" identity this SUV has - its the fact that people can't get over or past the "Hyundai" badge. Rebadge it with any other brand, and it would be a winner.

Hyundai has come a long way over the last few years - They're quite the "crouching tiger" waiting to pounce on the car industry - they even continued to improve R&D spending over 150% more than Toyota and other "leading" car manufacturers during the Global Financial Crisis. Infact, they're the one car company that turned a higher profit than in previous years, all because they offer good value and reliability.

Nzjono, when you're out there looking at all the "hyped" up SUV's on the market to fit yourself, your wife, and 2.5 kids, I reckon you'll think twice about the Santa Fe, because its just do damn good.
    I'd second this wardski I test drove the Santa Fe and nearly bought it but ended up with the Mitsubishi Pajero VRX. The Pajero had everything I wanted with some other extra's over the Santa Fe, the extra's weren't the cream it was the quailty of the salesperson and the trade -in on the 2006 Mazda Bravo Turbo Diesel and 2004 Astra HBD I wanted to trade in. The Sante Fe was a much cheaper car than the Pajero. It was the attitude of the Hyundai dealers which turned me off with that they produce a CHEAP car and can not give me good prices on my trades.....
    In all that don't turn your back on the Sante Fe look into it......

For the record they offered me $12,000 on a 2 year Bravo I paid $32,000 for and $6000 on the Astra and I ended up with $18,000 and $10,000 from Mitsubishi go figure and I was buying at a good time December 2008.... Deals on...
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

When I test drove the Cx7 before buying the MPS3, I just couldnt get over the auto gearbox and lack of guts, I agree though is good looking, reason why it was 1st on my list until....I took the test drive.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I'd second this wardski I test drove the Santa Fe and nearly bought it but ended up with the Mitsubishi Pajero VRX. The Pajero had everything I wanted with some other extra's over the Santa Fe, the extra's weren't the cream it was the quailty of the salesperson and the trade -in on the 2006 Mazda Bravo Turbo Diesel and 2004 Astra HBD I wanted to trade in. The Sante Fe was a much cheaper car than the Pajero. It was the attitude of the Hyundai dealers which turned me off with that they produce a CHEAP car and can not give me good prices on my trades.....
    In all that don't turn your back on the Sante Fe look into it......

For the record they offered me $12,000 on a 2 year Bravo I paid $32,000 for and $6000 on the Astra and I ended up with $18,000 and $10,000 from Mitsubishi go figure and I was buying at a good time December 2008.... Deals on...
    Its funny about trades. Mazda offered us $12,000 for my wife's Mazda 3 neo (with extra cruise, protection kit, tinting, mats, boot liner and 8,000km on the clock - it was friggin immaculate too like all of my cars) but Hyundai offered us $18,000.

If I had bought the 2.2ltr CX-7, it would have cost us $6k more on the road, and would have excluded all the other goodies we got with the Santa Fe Elite - eg. push button start, auto trans, exta 8 years warranty (Mazda is still only 3), 5 free services, $200 BP fuel voucher, ipod connectivity & full protection pack

The sales team at Keema (Cleveland) were great, we even got a bottle of bubbly with a photo of the whole family in front of the Santa Fe (lol)
    Last edited by Wardski; 28-03-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Its funny about trades. Mazda offered us $12,000 for my wife's Mazda 3 neo (with extra cruise, protection kit, tinting, mats, boot liner and 8,000km on the clock - it was friggin immaculate too like all of my cars) but Hyundai offered us $18,000.

If I had bought the 2.2ltr CX-7, it would have cost us $6k more on the road, and would have excluded all the other goodies we got with the Santa Fe Elite - eg. push button start, auto trans, exta 8 years warranty (Mazda is still only 3), 5 free services, $200 BP fuel voucher, ipod connectivity & full protection pack

The sales team at Keema (Cleveland) were great, we even got a bottle of bubbly with a photo of the whole family in front of the Santa Fe (lol)
    I have already said this to you but....You are sooo coming with me when i buy my next car

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    When I test drove the Cx7 before buying the MPS3, I just couldnt get over the auto gearbox and lack of guts, I agree though is good looking, reason why it was 1st on my list until....I took the test drive.

Could not agree more!
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Wardski you might have got a good but with the Sante fe but I'm sorry they are butt ugly....

KIA = Killed In Action

12. Default

I would only buy the Forester. But im biased.
    The only thing i didnt like was the boaty feeling when you went around corners or over speed bumps. The coilovers and sway bars fixed that.

Apart from that the car its very good. Plenty of go down low and it is great on the highway. even in 5th gear it has enough power to overtake with ease.

I had my tuned recently, after putting a TBE on, and it runs about 8-9Lt per 100km on the open road and just on 11lt around town.

If you are after a Forester take a quick look on gtrydaz and see what they have to offer. Plenty of info there.

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by BOXER; 06-04-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOXER View Post
    I would only buy the Forester. But im biased.
    The only thing i didnt like was the boaty feeling when you went around corners or over speed bumps. The coilovers and sway bars fixed that.

Apart from that the car its very good. Plenty of go down low and it is great on the highway. even in 5th gear it has enough power to overtake with ease.

I had my tuned recently, after putting a TBE on, and it runs about 8-9Lt per 100km on the open road and just on 11lt around town.

If you are after a Forester take a quick look on gtrydaz and see what they have to offer. Plenty of info there.

Cheers
    Mark
    Im sure ive spoken to you on there or ozfoz...i go by the same name.
    We have settled on hunting out an ex-demo/second hand Subi forester 2009 MY10
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123