User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Test drive CX7 ~ Disappointing

I naturally cant test drive cars at the moment but depends on what happens with my lease but my choices are a diesel CX7 or even a diesel 3...

and from out field a V8 ute has been considered......

I think we have just about test driven all cars in the small SUV range so here is what i think anout the X Trail.

test drove a Nissan X-Trail TI 2.4L

Pro's
    + good 4x4 capability
    + great cargo hidy holes
    + look ok
    + huge 2Ton towing capability
    + nice leather seats

Con's
    - tinny
    - hollow sound car actually echoed inside
    - crap CVT gearbox like outlander
    - expensive for what it is
    - bouncy suspension.

Overall we were generally un impressed with the x trail
    Last edited by A Pirate; 22-03-2010 at 06:01 PM.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    I think we have just about test driven all cars in the small SUV range so here is what i think anout the X Trail.

test drove a Nissan X-Trail TI 2.4L

Pro's
    + good 4x4 capability
    + great cargo hidy holes
    + look ok
    + huge 2Ton towing capability
    + nice leather seats

Con's
    - tinny
    - hollow sound car actually echoed inside
    - crap CVT gearbox like outlander
    - expensive for what it is
    - bouncy suspension.

Overall we were generally un impressed with the x trail

Im glad you said that

They are crap!!!!

yes it was the worst car in our list

ranked so far
    =1 Subaru XT Premium Forester
    =1 Mitsubishi Outlander V6 VXR
    3 VW Tiguan
    4 CX7 petrol luxury
    5 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4L (4cyl)
    6 Nissan X-Trail Ti

yet to look at
    Suzuki Grand vitara
    Volvo XC60

** Toyota Rav 4, Holden Captiva and all KIA's not tested due to things we did not like in their designs, looks, layouts and faults (thes cars maybe good but we didnt like them).
    Last edited by A Pirate; 23-03-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    yes it was the worst car in our list

ranked so far
    =1 Subaru XT Premium Forester
    =1 Mitsubishi Outlander V6 VXR
    3 VW Tiguan
    4 CX7 petrol luxury
    5 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4L (4cyl)
    6 Nissan X-Trail Ti

yet to look at
    Suzuki Grand vitara
    Volvo XC60

** Toyota Rav 4, Holden Captiva and all KIA's not tested due to things we did not like in their designs, looks, layouts and faults (thes cars maybe good but we didnt like them).

Good list Andy! Looking at it I'd say Forrester XT if it was me, maybe black or dark grey and it is infinitely more moddable and quicker too

R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

yeah agreed, ive been told the paint is pretty soft and scratches easily so if we do go a Forester (think we will) looking at either pearl white or silver ...... on a stretch dark grey like my sp23.

ill print this and leave it around....

Hmm i really do like the new Mazda6 wagon Lux pack...

Looks good in blue as well.

Hmmm maybe the wagon is a better option than a SUV.

I have driven a Mazda6 diesel before a few years back...and i can tell you..they are slow off the mark...but once your in 3rd and 4th....its goes.

Anyways...do your homework and purchase what suits you.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

I know it's just a lift kitted Falcon, but, what about a Territory, maybe even the F6X

11. Default

We looked at similar cars (?) to you when we were looking for something a little larger than the 6MPS we had.

We narrowed the selection to CX7, Forester, Outlander - they all seemed soft after the 6MPS, we buying a SS Sportwagon instead

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    That article makes a very good point. A couple of years ago I went out to buy an X5 as a replacement for our Tribute and I came home with a Mitsubishi Verada wagon. How did that happen? Well the X5 is an over-priced, harsh, rattly, noisy bloody thing with no space in the back and I felt like a try-hard tosser driving it around.

I dunno why I even test drove the Verada, it wasn't even on my radar. But when I drove it I was hooked. It has the most silky smooth engine I've ever driven and an unbelievably well-sorted chassis. It's an absolute pleasure to drive (remember my other car is an MPS) and has loads more space in the back than any of the soft roaders. I realised that for 99.999% of the time it was going to be more practical and more pleasant than a pretend 4x4.

I really wanted a car with AWD and good ground clearance because I actually used those features regularly in the Tribute, but being honest with myself I had to admit that the soft roader concept had too many compromises that out outweighed the benefits, at least for me anyway.

I've since taken the Verada all sorts of places, through creeks, along hundreds of km of corrugated dirt roads. It takes everything we throw at it. We even left it parked in 47 degree temps here in Perth with the engine running to keep the interior cool and the temperature gauge never went above the normal mark. It's turned out to be far more capable than I imagined.

I'm not trying to sell you a Verada, but the point I'm trying to make is I think it's worth giving serious consideration to a proper wagon, especially if you're planning a family. You may be giving away less to the soft roaders than you think.

If the new Mazda 6 diesel wagon had been around at the time I almost certainly would have got one. Pockets' chipped Mazda 3 diesel is almost as quick as an MPS in a straight line, image the mod potential of the new 400nm engine!

Gone to Volvo

don't get a cx7 I'm driving one right now and I'm not happy with it at all! btw I own a gen 2 mps3 it's the same engine but it is completely different I poured full tank for 95bucks it gave me around 300kms! that's f'D! lol the drive is comfy but powerwise no go. turning circle ain't great either

Nissan Murano?

XT in pearl white looks amazing in the sun!!

thanks Mal ill talk to the boss and see if she will change on the SUV front.

Just because you live at Woronora Heights, doesn't mean you have to drive a SUV like the rest of them .

bwhahahaha....Just keeping up with the Jones's....

Get a MPS3

19. Default

ummm didnt you read any of his requirements

20. Default

I know its a Hyundai, but have you tried the Santafe?

We got the Elite version for $46k on the road, and its been awesome. Great power (no turbo lag) all the gizmos including push button start. We've done 5000km so far, and we've put the Arrrgh in the R west of Kingscliffe during the floods driving in water up to the wheel arches, and all grand.

Probably the best suv of them all and certainly the best warranty at 8 years unlimited km

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast