User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibilty? Gen 2 MPS vs. Ralliart Colt?

Default Possibilty? Gen 2 MPS vs. Ralliart Colt?

Hi guys,

Just thought id love to get everyone going on an encounter i had last night! I had a Ralliart Colt which bascially gave my Gen 2 MPS a good run for its money! Which kinda also made me go just happened? lol We were pretty much neck to neck through 3rd gear with the MPS having a minimal maybe 1/3 car length gain... and that was the same through 4th gear...

By the looks of it tho, it had a exhaust but because it was night, i didn't see what other mods he/she had? It was kinda loud but haha

Now apart from the fact that the Colt is a relatively light car... the power against the MPS is down by ALOT but still probably has a good power/weight ratio... i still dont understand if it was possible to almost beating the MPS, i mean power wise MPS> Ralliart Colt

did a quick ggogle and will quote what someone else had posted:

The Hero "Motor Magazine" from Australia in it's October 2006 edition Bang for your bucks competition Awarded the Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart: Best Small Preformace Car under $30,000 AUD their extensive testing reveiled:

The Rcolt pulled of a 0 to 100 kmph 7.4 seconds this was equal to the Ford XR5 Turbo. {Some say around 7.1s are achiveable}

at least the mps is not but ugly like the colt

Pockets and I played with a stock Ralliart Colt one night, it was a match for pockets, but not the mps though.

Which is y i dont understand how he could have gotten almost neck to neck and we weren't going on 4th gear for long... but i must say... The Colt did well lol Must have fought hard! Probably was modified?

Very likely it had some helpful ingredients added.

yeah i have had a run with a colt and they are quick but not quick enough for the MPS

To keep up it def had mods.. FMIC, Exhaust, intake + flash and it would be a little monster.

id rather a polo GTI!! 1.8T its under 30k too...

hahaha well i haven't had an encounter with a polo GTI yet but i reckon it would also give the MPS a good run for its money! ><" well i tell u, that Colt yesterday definitely gave me a big fright hahaha I reckon it probably had the mods mentioned above to be able to keep up!! i seriously got just abit of gain on him/her Seriously a good run haha

Am curious.......has anyone done 0-100 in the MPS in the 6.1 seconds that all the advertising material promotes?? I read in one of the car mags that they only managed it once from the 3 attempts when they test drove it.

Also, not sure if this is a dumb question and I will get laughed at but do you find the MPS quick between 1st and 2nd gear or is it moreso 2nd to 3rd that you get the power? Think my gear changes from 1st to 2nd may be hindering the car as I'm still not totally used to the way the clutch has changed.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Blog Entries

3rd to 4th gear is when mine takes off!!
    Last edited by Annie; 22-03-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Am curious.......has anyone done 0-100 in the MPS in the 6.1 seconds that all the advertising material promotes?? I read in one of the car mags that they only managed it once from the 3 attempts when they test drove it.

Also, not sure if this is a dumb question and I will get laughed at but do you find the MPS quick between 1st and 2nd gear or is it moreso 2nd to 3rd that you get the power? Think my gear changes from 1st to 2nd may be hindering the car as I'm still not totally used to the way the clutch has changed.
    Well...
    Yeah With a digital stop watch and camera we managed to 5.9 for my MPS Gen II.

and it was the same time as what a car mag got...

3rd makes my pants tighter...
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

I had a type R civic (the ones with the BA 18 motors) give me a run in cairns, lil bastards are quick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    Well...
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    Well...

and it was the same time as what a car mag got...

3rd makes my pants tighter...
    Snaps to you Speed Racer! Not sure I want to know whats going on with your pants though..........
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Yes, Less boost in 1st and 2nd, shift early as it runs out of puff higher up.
    The earlier you get to 3rd (with boost) the better.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Thanks Jmac - makes sense. Have always been a fairly quick gear changer but the MPS is challenging me, especially with the clutch friction point shifting.

Snaps to you Speed Racer! Not sure I want to know whats going on with your pants though..........
    hmm not really speed racer.... It was still with a stop watch... digital stop watch :P

but what I ment by tighter pants is that it pulls in into my car.. not what you were thinking!

I KNOW YOU..

well only your online alias!
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

I wouldn't even entertain a run with a colt waste of time

Thanks Jmac - makes sense. Have always been a fairly quick gear changer but the MPS is challenging me, especially with the clutch friction point shifting.
    Hey mate, yea i also found the clutch to be tricky at first and i also agree that i dont get much power @ 1st or 2nd gear... mainly 3rd after boost kicks in lol which is prob y the colt got the jump start the little bastard!

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    I had a type R civic (the ones with the BA 18 motors) give me a run in cairns, lil bastards are quick!!!
    !! What a bastard! Y are all these cars picking on the MPS But... Yea again, the civic probably is another best "bang for ur buck" cars that money can buy lol... when ur like 16 lol just hope they dont crash

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast