User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Possibilty? Gen 2 MPS vs. Ralliart Colt?

I do and it's not an unreasonable requirement. I expect that if a car is cruising on the freeway it should be getting decent fuel economy (taking into account car weight + drivetrain). As I mentioned in another post, if Chev can get a 6.2l 436hp Corvette to return 9l /100km on the freeway, why shouldn't we get better from a smaller turbo'd 4 cylinder? VW can do it with the GTI getting 7.5l/100km on the freeway.

Of course noone expects good fuel efficiency when going all out, but to not get otherwise when cruising is poor engineering and design in this day and age.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    I do and it's not an unreasonable requirement. I expect that if a car is cruising on the freeway it should be getting decent fuel economy (taking into account car weight + drivetrain). As I mentioned in another post, if Chev can get a 6.2l 436hp Corvette to return 9l /100km on the freeway, why shouldn't we get better from a smaller turbo'd 4 cylinder? VW can do it with the GTI getting 7.5l/100km on the freeway.

Of course noone expects good fuel efficiency when going all out, but to not get otherwise when cruising is poor engineering and design in this day and age.
    Yes but that goes without saying ....

But to bag a car purely because it's more expensive to run like previously mentioned is just pointless.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Well someone who buys a Rcolt is on a pretty limited budget to begin with, so im gonna say them.

I get mid 6-7l/100 out of mine on the freeway

Get 10-11 on cruises or when giving it a bit, it's sitting in shit house traffic that kills me

Hmm did anyone read the car research about the colt ralliart?.. i can't even find it on the Mitsubishi website... really must be loved.

Kerb Weight (kg) 1130
    Power 113kW @ 6000rpm
    Torque 210Nm @ 3500rpm
    Acceleration 0-100Km/h (secs) 8.0
    3 Star Safety (hmm)

here's a mazda sp25

Kerb Weight (kg) 1398
    Power 122kW @ 6000rpm
    Torque 227Nm @ 4000rpm
    5 Star Safety

This thread is funny...

Ralliart Colts don't even register on my radar...

Ralliart Lancers are a different story though.

Ralliart Colts dont even compare to the MPS side by size or looks or girl pull factor. Had a run in with one in the Neo, was only just pulling away! If the Neo can almost keep up what chance has the Colt got against the MPS?

It's faster because I said so.

Plus:

MIVEC just kicked in yoo

Ralliart Colt , what are they thinking my nieghbour has a 1956 Morris Minor perhaps these clowns would like to compare it as well

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

11. Default

Hi, I'm a Ralliart Colt owner. I've had one for a few years and have a few modifications. I'm a big fan of the Mazda3 MPS also, though I thought it could have been $3-4k cheaper brand new, and then it would be a lot better value; either way still a cool car.

I've read this thread once a while ago, and now since ANDY has been here, and seeing all the responses, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. The Mazda is obviously a more comfortable car to own. There is more passenger room in the colt however, albeit for 4 people, which is the one advantage of having a roof the height of the Eiffel Tower.

The Tsukuba test track in Japan is a fair bench mark (in my opinion) for how well balanced a sports car is, with a good combination of speed and handling being measured. You can see on this link Tsukuba lap records - FastestLaps.com
    the following times:

Mazda 3 MPS: 1:10.27

Mazda 3 MPS mk2: 1:10.95

Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart Version-R Special: 1:11.12
    (which is the Oz version)

and you can see where a lot of other hot hatches sit as well.

Also, Ralliart threw an LSD in the Colt Ralliart YouTube - ‪COLT RALLIART Version-R Special movie001‬‏
    and it managed a 1:09.93

So yes, of course the MPS has the win on comfort, and yes, you can certainly get more power out of a 2 litre turbo than a 1.5 litre turbo. But stock against stock, purely based on performance I don't think it's fair to say it's in another league. Sure there are big advantages to owning an MPS (maybe the looks, comfort, stereo, road noise), but performance motoring isn't one of them.

And regarding the market for the car... I bought mine because I love light-weight sports cars, eg. Lotus Elise, Clio Sport, but this one is cheaper, has heaps more room for my 2 massive dogs.

The good thing about both of our cars is that it has that perfect level of power and handling such that you can use at least some of it when you're driving around, unlike with an Evo or STI etc... where you can only ever use 30% of the performance and handling on a regular basis.

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by BFLA View Post
    Hi, I'm a Ralliart Colt owner. I've had one for a few years and have a few modifications. I'm a big fan of the Mazda3 MPS also, though I thought it could have been $3-4k cheaper brand new, and then it would be a lot better value; either way still a cool car.

I've read this thread once a while ago, and now since ANDY has been here, and seeing all the responses, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. The Mazda is obviously a more comfortable car to own. There is more passenger room in the colt however, albeit for 4 people, which is the one advantage of having a roof the height of the Eiffel Tower.

The Tsukuba test track in Japan is a fair bench mark (in my opinion) for how well balanced a sports car is, with a good combination of speed and handling being measured. You can see on this link Tsukuba lap records - FastestLaps.com
    the following times:

Also, Ralliart threw an LSD in the Colt Ralliart YouTube - ‪COLT RALLIART Version-R Special movie001‬‏

So yes, of course the MPS has the win on comfort, and yes, you can certainly get more power out of a 2 litre turbo than a 1.5 litre turbo. But stock against stock, purely based on performance I don't think it's fair to say it's in another league. Sure there are big advantages to owning an MPS (maybe the looks, comfort, stereo, road noise), but performance motoring isn't one of them.

And regarding the market for the car... I bought mine because I love light-weight sports cars, eg. Lotus Elise, Clio Sport, but this one is cheaper, has heaps more room for my 2 massive dogs.

The good thing about both of our cars is that it has that perfect level of power and handling such that you can use at least some of it when you're driving around, unlike with an Evo or STI etc... where you can only ever use 30% of the performance and handling on a regular basis.

cheers,
    HI, You should intro yourself at New members area. Would be a better move than to post here in this thread, this has already been killed to the shit house! All your going to achive is stirring more shit! Admin should shut it down!!

There has been a offer to come out with us to the track meet us have some fun legally, this should be the end of this thread....
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by BFLA View Post

the following times:

cheers,
    Well put and that's all that needed to be said without going off there high horse, the club is about passion and friendships in this club and not what was said,we don't care what you drive but come on here and rant and rave will only turn out bad and things are said that wouldn't normally be said because the guys here also have a passion for there cars and will defend. In all we are happy you have joined and hopefully you will join the cruises where ever you may be for a drink and a laugh. Lets try again
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

While I do agree with the two posts above , the bottom line is simply it is not a fair comparision , to compare the colt to an mps is irrelivant & at a guess the MPS owners on here are probably a bit insulted Tsukuba track doesn,t mean didilly squat to most on here ,but a showroom MPS3 coming 4 th outright , 1st in Showroom 2wd & placing above all the 4wd's showroom class at Targa Tasmania now that means something !!! I will finish of by saying to OZMPSC you have every right to enjoy your Ralliart Colt but comparing it to a MPS3 will only end in tears , for what they are they are a great little car .One of the guys who lives in my estate has one & I have driven it ,to compare it to my own MPS is unfair because mine it is modded , however after driving the colt it does not compare to the mps & niether it should , the sales person at the Mitsubishi dealership in Cairns told him they out perform or are comparable with wrx's & mp,s for far less money "WRONG "

Col

Last edited by YOU LOSE; 04-06-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

15. Default

Why is this even a topic of discussion? MPS FTW.

What tyres were those Tsukuba times run on?

Those stock vs stock comparisons are also a bit misleading because the Rcolt comes from the factory with some of the best tyres of ANY road car. The MPS comes with crap ones. Any car that comes with AD07 stock tyres will immediately be at a 2 second advantage over cars running regular sports tyres.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    HI, You should intro yourself at New members area. Would be a better move than to post here in this thread, this has already been killed to the shit house! All your going to achive is stirring more shit! Admin should shut it down!!

There has been a offer to come out with us to the track meet us have some fun legally, this should be the end of this thread....

Hi Luke, I've into'd at the members area now, thanks for the heads up. I'm not trying to stir up problems, was just hoping to do the opposite. I'm very keen to get to Wakefield some time soon, but have been so busy I don't know when I'd be able to make it. I will keep my eyes on track event threads though, cheers.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Well put and that's all that needed to be said without going off there high horse, the club is about passion and friendships in this club and not what was said,we don't care what you drive but come on here and rant and rave will only turn out bad and things are said that wouldn't normally be said because the guys here also have a passion for there cars and will defend. In all we are happy you have joined and hopefully you will join the cruises where ever you may be for a drink and a laugh. Lets try again

Couldn't have said it better myself, cheers.

I'll be at Wakefield Park on the 13th of Jule (Queens Birthday Holiday Monday)

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/track...ne-2011-a.html

Join us!

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    While I do agree with the two posts above , the bottom line is simply it is not a fair comparision , to compare the colt to an mps is irrelivant & at a guess the MPS owners on here are probably a bit insulted Tsukuba track doesn,t mean didilly squat to most on here ,but a showroom MPS3 coming 4 th outright , 1st in Showroom 2wd & placing above all the 4wd's showroom class at Targa Tasmania now that means something !!! I will finish of by saying to BFLA you have every right to enjoy your Ralliart Colt but comparing it to a MPS3 will only end in tears , for what they are they are a great little car .One of the guys who lives in my estate has one & I have driven it ,to compare it to my own MPS is unfair because mine it is modded , however after driving the colt it does not compare to the mps & niether it should , the sales person at the Mitsubishi dealership in Cairns told him they out perform or are comparable with wrx's & mp,s for far less money "WRONG "

Col

Hey, yeah you're right about that. A stock RColt isn't going to feel comparable to a modded MPS3, and I wouldn't think to say it possibly could. My sister drives a dead stock RColt (which she got for $14k with 40'000kms - so cheap) and comparing that to mine with my mods is like another league of car. The stock one sits on 113kw power. Mine has been tweaked a bit and has a ralliart muffler and air filter and evo BOV and I get around 130kw (approx), and I have lowered springs also, and with those minor changes the car is noticeably enhanced, and it was all done/recommended by TMR down in Dandenong (some of the best in the business) so I still have the 10 year warranty.

and the RColt hasn't done a lot of events, it is such a rare car, but here http://www.nmd.com.au/nmd/news/details/5892 it did have a go, and did okay.

cheers,

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    What tyres were those Tsukuba times run on?

Those stock vs stock comparisons are also a bit misleading because the Rcolt comes from the factory with some of the best tyres of ANY road car. The MPS comes with crap ones. Any car that comes with AD07 stock tyres will immediately be at a 2 second advantage over cars running regular sports tyres.

True, but that's just part of the car when you buy it. The MPS3 comes with an LSD, and that adds 2 seconds to the car it's on. But that's the type of car the RColt is. They took a fairly ordinary but practical car with the normal Colt, and Ralliart did a complete overhaul, and the tyres they put on the car are just at the same level as everything else on the vehicle. It's a car that takes a while to get used to, but once you know how to use it you can get a lot out of it.

Thanks for the offer on Queen's bday monday, but can't make it then, would love to though. Maybe later in the year.

cheers,

I find bagging a car because it is of a different league to be a waste of time as you never know what has happened to that other car. Is like Ferraris and those things, they look at ours and say not in my league. Yet some simple mods and tweaking and look it keeps up happily....

Nice to see a good Rcolt driver here. Yet another car to be put on the radar for things to look out for. If you ever get out on a track would love to hear the results.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast