User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibilty? Gen 2 MPS vs. Ralliart Colt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Liar lol
    Gee that's odd, my pants don't seem to be on fire???

GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Don't want to know about the bedvroooomm.

3. Cool Mps

Hey I know you all love your MPS cars, but they are far from being a GOD, I have spent a total of $24k on a new Colt Ralliart a couple of years ago, and honestly with a flash/exhaust/k&n and the measly 1130kg and 8l/100km I am pumping out 156kw (138kw/tonne) with 215/17/40 no wonder we can keep up. You would need 245 series tyres to get the same grip levels. The MPS just simply has problems getting that much power down through the front wheels in real terms. Hey the Colt is no Mona Lisa in meny people's eyes, but I don't care, it's a full on hoot to drive and hardly uses fuel. Anyway guys have a nice day, just know that "would'nt even entertain a run" garb is funny, maybee you are actually frightened by reality.

Te he

^^^^ thanks for the input idiot.....

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    ^^^^ thanks for the input idiot.....
    Gee you sound rather sensitive are you suffering from MPS ha ha

Andy - own a mps do you?
    Did you not read the opinion of Heath who owns both?
    Glad you enjoy your car, they do go great, and are fun, but straight line, on the road, sorry the colt has no chance. Stock vs stock, or equally modified.
    Either way, its still a mitsubishi.

My brother is a mitsubishi fan, drives a modified current model VRX Lancer
    He's driven a tuned ralliart lancer, and driven mine with the hypertech tune and Koni shocks. He was amazed at how much better the MPS is.
    Upset him actually

7. Default

you can't compare an MPS to a NA VRX. Anyway I am talking about the Colt, not the Lancer. So if you want to compare stock for stock, what the hell do I spend all my spare $ on. I am making this a little more realistic and comparing a just a couple of thou at a cheaper Colt to an expensive (high fuel use too) MPS. Anyway as far as quality goes how many of you guys will hold onto your cars for 10+years...not to mention the massive service costs of the Mazda

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

ha ha ha ha see you on the roads you MPS or is that PMS douchebags ha ha

I have $6,000 spare cash left in my wallet from $30k all mods done 0-100 in 6.8 sec, 5 year warranty and insurance is dirt cheap ha ha ha good luch with your ego massaging fuel guzzlers

andy, im happy you enjoy your colt. but at the end of the day you are still driving a colt..

top 5 gayest things about owning a colt:

1. it's the size of a shoebox
    2. looks gayer than george michael in chaps
    3. if you ever find a girlfriend - she'll need to be a midget, anorexic, or both to fit inside
    4. you spent 24,000 dollars on it
    5. you care about fuel consumption on a modified car

thanks for signing up.

I compared my brothers opinion of the ralliart lancer vs the mps, not his vrx.....

If you have just joined here to start arguments I don't think you will be welcome here.
    You don't see us joining other forums just to start arguments.

Shows the quality of us MPS owners.

10. Default

1)Mate I have size 11 shoes and it has heaps of room inside
    2)It's got a huge factor and makes fun of the likes of your overpriced torque steerer
    3) I am marries and my wife is 52kg
    4)thats 24k brand friggin new
    5) err yes I care about fuel consumption and hammering it only uses 8l/100 ha ha

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Out of interest what is the real fuel use/service costs/insurance on an MPS. $ FOR $ I would buy an MPS all I am saying is they are not GOD, they are just a good benchmark for a hot hatch with expensive running costs compared to some on road competition. If you just want a car for looks you need to spend some real money on an Aston not expect cred from a Mazda 3

There isn't even a point in arguing with you man your clearly on here to poke the bear...

All im going to say is:

It comes with a Ralliart badge though... If you see a Colt with grills and intercoolers and splitters you would hope it keep up with every car in the catergory, even before you spend 3 - 4k on it...

12. Default

BTW why would you buy a 2 wheel drive for WRX AWD money. MPS means Mazda's Pricey Showpony $40k is a crapload of $ for something you cant drive properly in the wet. The new Renault will crap all over an MPS which clearly has trouble getting good 0-100 results due to wheelspin and torque steer acording to car mags

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY View Post
    1)Mate I have size 11 shoes and it has heaps of room inside
    2)It's got a huge factor and makes fun of the likes of your overpriced torque steerer
    3) I am marries and my wife is 52kg
    4)thats 24k brand friggin new
    5) err yes I care about fuel consumption and hammering it only uses 8l/100 ha ha

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Out of interest what is the real fuel use/service costs/insurance on an MPS. $ FOR $ I would buy an MPS all I am saying is they are not GOD, they are just a good benchmark for a hot hatch with expensive running costs compared to some on road competition. If you just want a car for looks you need to spend some real money on an Aston not expect cred from a Mazda 3
    I have a mate who owns a Rallyart Colt it had mods, exhaust and cai. mine had CB exhaust and K&N pannel filter. We both test drove each others car.. off the line go- MPS... power- MPS... Size- MPS... comfort - MPS... Brakes - Colt... turn/cornering - Colt was quicker to turn in and felt lighter... Liked the colts seats held u in tight ( but if ur big person forget it ) Colt tugged and understeered about the same as the MPS in lower gears, soo fark off Andy.. Pm me your number and i will get my mate to call you, his name is Leeim

END OF ARGUEMENT EVERYONE

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY View Post
    BTW why would you buy a 2 wheel drive for WRX AWD money. MPS means Mazda's Pricey Showpony $40k is a crapload of $ for something you cant drive properly in the wet. The new Renault will crap all over an MPS which clearly has trouble getting good 0-100 results due to wheelspin and torque steer acording to car mags
    U dont have a MPS than.. PM me ur number i will pass it on to Leeim
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

14. Default

Tell your mate all he needs to do now is get a flashtune for $600 to keep up with you

How about u PM ur number and u tell HIM.. He was talkign about buying a Rallyart Lancer, not sure if he still has the Colt ( have not seen his Colt for a while )

16. Default

stuff that, he can just go there himself, in NSW he should go to Tunehouse in Marrickville, then your mate can smile alonside you when you floor the MPS

he will need more than a tune to do that

18. Default

I only have respect for an MPS that gives more than 138kw/tonne so you better tune them up or a standard MPS wont be beating George Michaels car ha ha

i have about 220kw+ per tonne

20. Default

so your saying you have 320kw based on 1456kg and you can actually transfer that to the ground, I doubt that your motor is already tuned hard out of the factory whch you pay the premium $ for. I can get a stage 2 tune from my carand get more power but any engine is not meant to handle 320kw out of a 4 cylinder, you will wreck longevity and loose it wheelspin
    Last edited by ANDY; 12-05-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast