User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda MX-5 Matte and Black Special Edition is darkened hotness

Blog Entries

Default Mazda MX-5 Matte and Black Special Edition is darkened hotness

Filed under: Convertible, Coupe, Performance, Mazda, Misc. Auto Shows, Design/Style

Mazda MX-5 Matte and Black Special Edition - Click above for high-res image gallery

We make no effort to hide the fact that we love the Mazda Miata just the way it is. In fact, it's always been just about perfect in our eyes, as evidenced by our most recent road test of the sporty little Japanese runabout. But if bright schoolbus yellow just isn't your bag, baby, may we suggest something a little more subtle?

Mazda has just rolled out the MX-5 Matte and Black Special Edition at the 21st annual Salon du Cabriolet, Coupé & SUV in Paris. Ostensibly to celebrate the Miata's 20th birthday in France, we kinda think Mazda just wanted to prove that its sportscar looks pretty darn good in the automotive equivalent of the little black dress. And boy, does it ever.

There's nothing special underhood, so the 2.0-liter four still puts out an adequate 167 horsepower. We can't say that we see them in the photos ourselves (fortunately), but design label LK by Laure Kczekotowska Paris has reportedly decked the MX-5 out in rhinestones, gems, and crystals. Ah well, nothing can be perfect. See for yourself in the image gallery below.

Gallery: Mazda MX-5 Matte and Black Special Edition

[Source: Mazda via Le Blog Auto]Mazda MX-5 Matte and Black Special Edition is darkened hotness originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

2. Default

That is godamn sexy!

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

.......The car I mean

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

..............and the chick

Blog Entries

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

And where do we get bigger resolution version of these photos???

That's hot!

Very Sexy - both

Wonder if this will make it here?

It's ok.

After seeing the new Mx5 in the flesh i must say Mazda has gone backwards adding a smile to it...its not as dreadful as the smiley on the MPS but its previous model looked better, same for the new CX7 and the Mazda2.

Please Mazda save the Mazda6 from the smiley!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    After seeing the new Mx5 in the flesh i must say Mazda has gone backwards adding a smile to it...its not as dreadful as the smiley on the MPS but its previous model looked better, same for the new CX7 and the Mazda2.

Please Mazda save the Mazda6 from the smiley!
    Too late...its already started...

Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

I dont consider that really as a smiley since it is no where near as dominant on the front end as it is in the other model I mentioned in my previous post.

Looks hot apart from the gay smiley face.

11. Default

yeh it doesnt look smiley to me either Im talking abotu the 6 not being smiley
    Last edited by blackbetty; 19-03-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Looks more cute pokimon/cartoon smiley than the others that looks ronald mcdonald smiley

Looks ok, but i don't see the GMH black craze staying around

13. Default

yeh i dont think i like the matt black look, to me looks like it is half finished at the spray painters/body shop

Ever since the Lambo Gallardo came in Matt Black I've been obsessed with it...

Maybe if my black car ever needs a repray!?

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

err... Respray!

Thats pure matt black sexspec (the girls to make it look better though )

no likey

cool... i like... tyres look really thin!!!

Those little mazda's a just rwd go-karts insane handling platform for sure !

19. Default

After owning an MX-5 SE Turbo, no one could convince me to buy the naturally aspirated version. While the turbo didnt add much in the way of kW, it did add that mid range torque hit that sent shivers down my spine - and even better with a lochie exhaust and SRI.

Matt black and bring back the SE badging, Mazda you'd be on a winner....

I don't see a car in that photo, just a slapper

Mmm Slappers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast