User Tag List

Thread: Replaced under warranty.... but has no warranty

Default Replaced under warranty.... but has no warranty

Ok this confuses the shit out of me.

3 shocks replaced under warranty 4 months ago, 2 have failed. Car is now out of warranty. Because the parts were replaced under warranty there is no warranty on them...confused? so am I
    If i had replaced the shocks out of warranty (paid for them) they come with a lifetime warranty.
    Last edited by Greigrob; 19-03-2010 at 08:46 PM.

2. Default

apparently its true, i asked the same thing when they replaced my turbo, it doesnt get its own period of warranty, when warranty on car is out everything is out of warranty

That is crap. So what are the ods of getting the same part faulty again?? What if it was a production run of a faulty part??? Makes no sense to me.

Waiting to hear from the service manager tomorrow, she was conveniently on the other phone when i asked to speak to her. The main point is that a shock should last longer than 4 months regardless of whether it is under warranty or not.

That is soooo ridiculous. Not that I know what a warranty feels like on a car since I have never had one. lol

There's always an upside when these things happen: in this case you now have a good excuse to get a nice set of Bilsteins or coilovers.

I experienced the same with a CV Joint on my SP23, Mazda replaced it 3 months out of warranty under warranty but then did not have any warranty.... Its done to fix the problem but mazda do not want to keep up with any on gong issues.

Still seems a bit harsh. I was going to look at signing up for a new CX7 this weekend but I've had a gut full of Mazda's poor customer service and stupid loopholes. Time to take my business elsewhere i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Greigrob View Post
    Still seems a bit harsh. I was going to look at signing up for a new CX7 this weekend but I've had a gut full of Mazda's poor customer service and stupid loopholes. Time to take my business elsewhere i think.
    Tell them that, you might get it sorted for nothing if there's a sale riding on it.

I've had both rear shocks replaced, one of them twice. I dont think its a one off, unheard of, fault....

11. Default

I had both my rear shocks replaced too under warranty

i work for a truck diesel engine company and i am pretty sure we do not offer warranty on top of warranty.

whether its right or wrong who knows !

Sent an email to the head office, so will wait to see if anything happens.

Pretty certain brand new stuff from manufacture has some sort of warranty attached. I got a MAF sensor for my 1994 GTiR and it comes with 6months warranty from Nissan !