User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stock rear engine mount - rubish!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranton View Post
    but Stock mount = No Vibes...

me no likey vibes..
    lots of vibes with stock mount.. through stupid wheel hop

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    have they fixed this issue with the Gen II?
    not that ive seen on MSF

I haven't heard of any GEN 2 owners trying the mod yet. I've seen aftermarket rear mounts advertised as fitting Gen 1 & 2 so i'm guessing the stock mount is the same on both models. Perhaps it's been improved. In any case it would be interesting to know if replacing it will have the same effect on the GEN 2?

Blog Entries

Just swapped my stocker out for CPE 75 duro. Vibes aren't that bad, do they settle at all?
    Sure enough the stocker mount was ****ed - split and generally shagged....

yup they settle by a good 50%

How about for the 6MPS, are the stock mounts good enough?

My DP goes in tomorrow so I can have them check the mounts.

same engine.. similar shitty mazda mounts..

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Just swapped my stocker out for CPE 75 duro. Vibes aren't that bad, do they settle at all?
    The vibe with CPE ones will settle. I have the 60 one now and there's only a slight shudder on 1st gear takeoff. Gearshifts are wonderful now compared to stock...best mod i've made...
    Hang on...only mod I've made

Smile Cp-e 75 duro !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Had mine 12 months very happy vibes do settle about 50% more noticeable with A/C on but well woth it

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

If any of you peeps are driving through Coffs Harbour one time can you please ring or text me so I can go for a spin to see what the vibes are like. I know I need a mount coz my engine moves like crazy. Just not sure on the whole idea of driving a rattle box. Well, more of a rattle box, farking windscreen, revision mirror and something in the back rattles.

75 duro CPE mount.. 10% more vibes at most compared to stock.. after it breaks in..

my wife never noticed the difference

Doc

I've just received the CPE 60duro mount from MPS Garage. Hopefully fitting it tomorrow. I'll give my first impressions etc

All the best lup15. The initial vibes will settle. Hope you find the gearshifts after you get them fitted

got it all installed. was more frustrating than hard. I'll write up a review shortly. and yes the gearshifts are much much nicer

14. Default

Hi All,

I am thinking my rear engine mount is rooted coz through some rough slightly bumpy roads i am getting that knocking noise and it can mistakenly be thought that it may be the shocks. But i had them replaced 2-3times already and the noise is still apparent, which leads me to think its the rear mount.

So i see some have the Duro 60 and 70, again is it just preference? I do like the idea of the 70 for a firmer feel, but with vibes that i am already getting from the car i dont want it to add to it.... hmmm

Can anyone shed some light on the knocking noise and if you have had the same prob and it lead to be the mount???

Cheers
    Kim

Might sound odd but does anyone get these wheel hop problems with aftermarket suspension? I have never had the problem but have always had different setups on the car. I've driven a stock car and it was shocking.

The only time I have come across "hopping" is when you set the shock absorbers too hard for the springs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12