User Tag List

Thread: 3MPS Sports 'high gloss' wheel finish

Default 3MPS Sports 'high gloss' wheel finish

I have a set of RX8 wheels that I would like painted (or powder coated) to replicate the factory 'high gloss' wheels on the 3 MPS.

I believe it's best decribed as Shadow Chrome.

1st quote I have for painting them in Shadow Chrome from a well known Perth wheel repairer was $250 a wheel, which was a little more than I expected. (it did include removal & refit of tyres)

Can anyone offer recommendations re this?

Where did you get your first quote from? Try Alliance Rim Repairs, I think that's where Shakespeare went to get his done. I enquired about my MPS6 rims to get done black and this is the response I got...

"we don't powdercoat we 2pak paint them which is what most wheels are. without seeing to paint refit tyres & balance approx $150 to $200 per wheel gst Thanks and hope to do business with you"

www.alliancerimrepairs.com.au/

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

the quote was through Alliance.

seems to be mixed opinions of them, but the overall trend is 'if you're willing to pay, they'll do it and do it well'

They may charge more for the type of paint/finish you're after compared to my initial quote. I haven't had mine done..still thinking about it. Alliance seem to be alright, I think I might of had a rim fixed there for my last car, they done a good job. Jump onto Chris' (Shakespeare) page and ask him what he thought of getting his rims done.

thanks rogwick

if the rx8's were all scratched up, it would be a no brainer.

bit hard to justify considering 3 are perfect, 1 has a fine scrape 10mm x 1mm, hardly noticable.