User Tag List

Thread: 20 K service

Default 20 K service

Hey Guys,

I gotta take my car in for its 20k service, was thinking of just heading into Ultratune or Kmart tyre and auto its only $200 for a full service.

Mazda want at least $385.

Any body got any info on using these places over mazda?

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I would avoid the likes of K mart & Ultra tune, and given my experiences I also have issues with using Mazda dealer servicing....long story.

Where abouts are you from?, maybe we can help you locate a better local mechanic than the above options.

Was just going to send it over to Eurocarz Mazda in Artarmon, im on the north shore

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I would avoid the likes of K mart & Ultra tune, and given my experiences I also have issues with using Mazda dealer servicing....long story.

Where abouts are you from?, maybe we can help you locate a better local mechanic than the above options.
    All service centres are only as good as the people who work there, the proprietors have a great deal of input on the quality.

As a mechanic and an ex proprietor of a AMPOL Service Station I have employed some mechanics over the years that turned out to be next to useless, on the other hand I have had a few that were exceptionally brilliant.

I agree with you, ask around and get some feedback before getting the car serviced anywhere. As an example, I have a HUGE issue with Bob Jane T Marts - would never go near one. But others here have had good service.

Cant say I know too much around your local area, if you feel like a bit of a drive I can highly recommend tunehouse in Marrickville,

*HKS SYDNEY - Holden Performance Tuning - Ford Performance Tuning - XR6 Turbo Kits - WRX Kits - Holden Kits - xr6 turbo upgrades - HKS DEALER - VE Commodore Tuning - NIZPRO DEALER

Another option could be MRT in Rhodes

MRT Performance - Subaru And Mitsubishi Performance Tuning Experts

I know these arent convenient enough to be located just down the street, but both are pretty highly regarded.

I posted about my servicing experience with tunehouse a little while ago here,
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...servicing.html
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    All service centres are only as good as the people who work there, the proprietors have a great deal of input on the quality.

As a mechanic and an ex proprietor of a AMPOL Service Station I have employed some mechanics over the years that turned out to be next to useless, on the other hand I have had a few that were exceptionally brilliant.

I agree with you, ask around and get some feedback before getting the car serviced anywhere. As an example, I have a HUGE issue with Bob Jane T Marts - would never go near one. But others here have had good service.
    Yes, your right it was a bit of a blanket statement on my part, very true about the quality of the mechanics that some places employ, and I would guess that the larger franchised operations wouldn't put as much emphasis on quality as you would have being a proprietor of a small business. Your mechanics are a reflection of your attitude to quality, and quality of service is what gets people back through your door the next time they need servicing, not the attached dealership selling umpteen cars a week pretty much guaranteeing new and repeated servicing business for a lot of their sales, particularly when they start waving the sole servicing, extended warranty carrots in front of people.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

8. Default

Your better off spending more money and finding a good performance workshop. You find that people do great jobs when they are passionate.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post

I've always experienced issues for myself and our family cars, John Hughes service centre, Mazda dealerships. Had a local mechanic run by three older guys which was ok (they don't tend to want to hoon in your pride and joy and actually "test drive it")

On my 20K service I just done it myself to save the hassle...ended up costing around $70-80

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by mattmps View Post
    Was just going to send it over to Eurocarz Mazda in Artarmon, im on the north shore
    Call Tom Kerr @ Ryde, John Gilmore is a legend. I wouldnt service anywhere else.

If you chose to not take it to Maz, I have heard good things about tunehouse.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

i would stay clear of kmart tyre and auto. Very bad experience at the bankstown one. I had a 94 honda civic before the mps and as i work int he centre there i thought taking it to get serviced there it would be easy for me to just walk around to the place from work. Had just changed the whole brake system to the slotted dba disks and new pads and put in brand new spark plugs. Anyways getting to the point i never told them to see what they would do. They ended up calling me to come in that the car was finished and when i got there they told me that thy had to change brake pads and change the spark plugs. They did all this without even calling me first to tell me or anything. Ended up not paying and for them to go into their bin to get my original pads and plugs.
    Would never go to any of them again.
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS