User Tag List

Thread: some help on a short shifter pls guys

Default some help on a short shifter pls guys

ive been looking for a short shifter for ages now, problem is i have only found the throw shifter plate! on a meet up i saw Cain's car it had the twm short shifter and the shifter actually sat alot lower then stock, i want something like that wondering if the gen1 mps short shifter fits the gen 2's?

Blog Entries

Shoot TWM an email and check as I think the reverse mechanism is different.

Hi guys.

Unfortunately the way the new gen.2 Mazda 3 and speed3 is designed, there is not enough room to make a full replacement shifter shaft that would enable a height reduction as well as a throw reduction.

That being said we are currently working on designing a full replacement shifter assembly that will replace the entire shifting assembly on the gen 2 Mazda3 and Speed3's. I can't talk much about it on here seeing as we are not a forum sponsor, so that's all the info I'll be able to give you guys for the moment.

Thanks,

Patrick
    TWM Performance

Blog Entries

Rowan? TWM Sponsors? Hello!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TWM Performance View Post
    Hi guys.

Unfortunately the way the new gen.2 Mazda 3 and speed3 is designed, there is not enough room to make a full replacement shifter shaft that would enable a height reduction as well as a throw reduction.

That being said we are currently working on designing a full replacement shifter assembly that will replace the entire shifting assembly on the gen 2 Mazda3 and Speed3's. I can't talk much about it on here seeing as we are not a forum sponsor, so that's all the info I'll be able to give you guys for the moment.

Thanks,

Patrick
    TWM Performance
    Thanks for your input Patrick,

I have had one of your MPS shifters since the first batch, and wouldn't have it any other way, it is a perfect throw and height combination, my only piece of constructive criticism would be a heavier spring on the reverse lock, I just think it could do with a bit more weight when you need to select reverse.

We appreciate any updates on the development of parts for this platform, as Australia such a small market compared to the likes of the US & Canada we often get overlooked on these products and have to go finding these things for ourselves.

Matt.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    Thanks for your input Patrick,

I have had one of your MPS shifters since the first batch, and wouldn't have it any other way, it is a perfect throw and height combination, my only piece of constructive criticism would be a heavier spring on the reverse lock, I just think it could do with a bit more weight when you need to select reverse.

We appreciate any updates on the development of parts for this platform, as Australia such a small market compared to the likes of the US & Canada we often get overlooked on these products and have to go finding these things for ourselves.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

I don't know how lenient the mods are on here and what they'll let us post and not post but I'll post this simply as an informative post for you Australian guys

Here's a teaser for you guys:

In this full replacement setup, we will be using our 2007-2009 MazdaSpeed 3 short shifter in a brand new assembly. It will also feature a 1.5” height reduction, something that many are looking for. The throw would be reduced by up to 30% (adjustable) and up to 50% when combined with the short shifter adapter installed on the transmission end that we recently released.

Our full replacement short shifter will also reduce the side to side movement of the shifter by 20% since there is a lot play on the stock shifter. But more than the throw reduction, it will be the overall quality and solidity of the shifter that will be improved. Also, the auxiliary pivot (the pivot of the side arm where one of the cables is connected, basically controlling the side-to-side movement of the shifter) will use ball bearings for an increase in the fluidity of movement.

2010 Mazda 3 6spd and 2010 MazdaSpeed3 Full Replacement Short Shifter

Here's a quick summary of the specs

- Adjustable throw reduction (up to 30%)
    - When combined with our Short Shifter plate for a total throw reduction of up to 50%!
    - Side-to-side throw reduction of 20%
    - Ball bearing pivot
    - Reverse lock mechanism
    - Uses our tested and acclaimed Mazdaspeed3 2007+ short shifter
    - All steel and stainless steel construction for increased rigidity of the whole assembly instead of plastic
    - Tighter tolerances removing a lot of the dead play and increasing the
    precision of the gate
    - $350 plus or minus
    - Expected release: June 1 2010.

As of right now, we are gauging interest on this type of full replacement assembly to see if the market would be big enough to produce such a product, so if you guys/girls would be interested in seeing such a product, feel free to express your opinions!

Patrick
    TWM Performance

Thanks 4 the update.

TWM produces quality stuff!had their short shifter in my sp20 (p5) and it was awesome!

I'll be the first one to take the full short shift kit off you guys for the gen 2!!!

Good to hear there's some interest in this product! We'll keep you guys updated with any developments!

Patrick
    TWM Performance

thanks pat!

Hey guys, check it out!

We've officially released the full replacement on pre-order to ship out on the 15th of September! It fits all 2010+ MazdaSpeed3's, 2010+ Mazda3 (6speed only), AND the 07-09 MazdaSpeed3!

Check out the links:

MazdaSpeed 3 Short Shifters, Shift Knobs and Shift Boots - TWM Performance

Mazda 3 Short Shifters, Shift Knobs and Shift Boots - TWM Performance

MazdaSpeed 3 Short Shifters, Shift Knobs and Shift Boots - TWM Performance

If you have any questions, feel free to send us a pm or email at sales@twmperformance.com, or just post in this thread!

Group buy?

The current price on our site is the pre-order price, which we would be happy to offer to you guys!

If many of you are interested in this product, let us know and if possible we could ship every order to the same address so you would save on shipping.

Thanks,

Frank
    Team TWM Performance