User Tag List

Thread: Changing to SRI?Maybe?MPS6

Default Changing to SRI?Maybe?MPS6

Hi, looking to change my AEM CAI to an SRI because i think im too scared to drive the car everytime it rains...is this a good idea?

also what other brands apart from cobb do an sri for the mps6?do ces do one?

Thanks

There is quite a few SRIs... Cobb, corksport, cpe + a few others

IMO if you already have the AEM CAI why dont you just cut the pipe and make it into a SRI. Seen it done and looks fine at worst Saves spending more money

Just get a spare car for when it rains. lol

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    Hi, looking to change my AEM CAI to an SRI because i think im too scared to drive the car everytime it rains...is this a good idea?

also what other brands apart from cobb do an sri for the mps6?do ces do one?

Thanks
    yes CES do, penguin has one on his MPS6.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

you options are:

- Autoexe Ram Air
    - CES Short Ram
    - Cobb Short Ram
    - CP-E Xcel Nano
    - HKS Racing Suction
    - Hyperflow Short Ram
    - K&N Typhoon
    - Protege Garage Short Ram

and i think thats about it

Don't forget corksport does one that replaces both the intake and the inlet pipe in one go. You can always sell your CAI to offset the cost of a SRI. I wouldn't recommend butchering it, but that might be just me.

7. Default

Hi mate, if you read my post and heaps of other ones you will read that this AEM intake especially is a thirsty bugger and will suck up water in heavy rain/puddles etc.

My opinion is take off the pipe going down on the AEM intake (because I have one), buy a smaller pod filter- those compressed looking ones, and attach it to the pipe with the MAF. Now you have a SRI... Im going to do this for winter, and then use the AEM dry filter/cold air pipe for summer.

Best option for yourself

I love my CES SRI (photos in link below).

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...eatsheild.html

I especially love the extra turbo whistle and BOV noise even though its a standard BOV.

I must admit that I avoided the CAI as I concerned about water as when it rains in South East QLD it f**n pours.

** Just found out that CES have the kit on the website now (the photos are of my car) http://www.cesracing.com.au/new.htm.
    Last edited by Penguin740; 15-03-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    Red '05 6MPS.

I have a AEM CAI on my Honda Civic for about 4 years. It have never give me any water issue. The pod is sitting behind of the foglight and I cut a hole on the plastic next to where the OEM foglights are. Then cover up the hole with some flyscreen (just to protect from stones).

But then again, I'm in Sydney. It doesn't rain that hard over here.