User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JBarone Shift plates for the Mazda 6 MPS

Well I have installed mine. I took a bit longer then rd415 who either didnt put the risers in or is a freak and I bow down to his mechanical skills! All up took me a bit over an hour.

Hardest bit was the risers, removing the battery and bits around just took time, but getting the bolts off was a bit of a bitch, my sockets are a bit too fat so it was hard to get them onto the bolts with the linkages in the way and then getting everything back in and lined up and installed was all kinds of fun! Still I took it for a short drive and the change was sudden and very evident, there is basically no throw from neutral to the gears. At first I had done it wrong and it was sticking half way! One of the better bang for buck mods out there definitely.

Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! followed links ( from jamie's post ) and paid last wednesday , got invoice sent by e-mail.
    Don't want to start pulling my Hair out just yet.!! but australia post have in the last month lost registered post and parcels = 700$ two motherf^%King Boards X2 processors & RAM......
    i will just have to e-mail daniel and find out what the go is. OMG......testing patience and tolerence.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    Well I have installed mine. I took a bit longer then rd415 who either didnt put the risers in or is a freak and I bow down to his mechanical skills! All up took me a bit over an hour.

Hardest bit was the risers, removing the battery and bits around just took time, but getting the bolts off was a bit of a bitch, my sockets are a bit too fat so it was hard to get them onto the bolts with the linkages in the way and then getting everything back in and lined up and installed was all kinds of fun! Still I took it for a short drive and the change was sudden and very evident, there is basically no throw from neutral to the gears. At first I had done it wrong and it was sticking half way! One of the better bang for buck mods out there definitely.
    Thanks for the compliment - 45 years of manipulating tools around cars six days a week, gave me plenty of practice to get it right. I cheated though because I was told of the traps with the riser bolts over the phone on the day it arrived, printed instructions from MPSgarage and straight away pulled out the battery. Saved heaps of time than fart-arsing around in a confined space trying to remove the bracket. Guess it should have been on the intructions to remove battery. Without battery it's a direct line with 3/8" drive socket and extension to those two nasty positioned bolts. No time at all.

As I said, I spent more time resetting electrics - should have been a hint to remove battery

Volunteer for Australia wide baton relay

Default Please read this carefully!!

Please read this carefully!!

When installing the kit for the for the MPS 6 you must follow the instructions for the MAZDASPEED 6 found here: Jamiesplanet.com

If you have not installed the risers for the cable bracket you better get back in there and do it. They are an absolute MUST! Be careful when removing the bolts, they can be very tight and you can tear up your hands or break something in the surrounding are if you're not careful.

The original shipment from me consisted of 5 kits for the MPS 6; I'm not sure how many have sold but another 5 shipped out yesterday and will be there in a week or so. Please be patient.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
    Jamie
    Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com

Yeah when I saw it recommend to take out the battery I pretty much did that straight away. My problem was I had trouble getting the socket onto the bolt heads, those linkages thingies getting in the way. Still all up this was much better then the time I tried to replace the rocker cover gasket myself and got a shot of petrol in the eyes!.... I'm just not all that good at working on cars so a lot of my time was spent messing about, losing sockets and refinding them etc. etc.

Well that and I did it after the sun went down so could barely see....

I use 3/8" drive sockets a lot as they are small enough to get into confined areas. It also stops from snapping off bolts due to over-tightening .

It also helps to be a mechanic with so many years working on cars - I also restore vintage cars for a hobby and play RC cars. Almost 7 days a week playing with cars.

I Guess i will just wait another week for one!!!! still nothing here

8. Default

got mine finally from mps garage.
    shipped on the 12 May from syd - arrived 19th of may in Melbourne - mustve been on the slow truck, cause my other parcels which left on the same date, from Korea and the US arrived today at the same time...
    not complaining - the guys at mps garage are great...aust post is just slow!

9. Default

plate installed - thank goodness someone put the instructions on this post, otherwise i would be still figuring it out.
    install took about 30-45 mins, and very easy.
    i am enjoying the short shift feeling so far - but only a quick drive - big test tomorrow - peak hour traffic, and maybe some twisties on the week end.

Wow that really sux!

Sorry to hear dude

Like you said, there is no excuse however Im sure there will some lol

IN4M3,
    Now that you've had a chance to calm down do everyone a favor and edit that posit. The use of that kind of language is not even remotely necessary. I understand your frustration as I have mixed up the 3 for the 6 kit and have heard the same frustration from my customers. You need to understand that it's not easy for me and MPS to get items in to you country fast and cost effectively. The way we do things takes time and sometimes longer than we'd like. You could order from the states and pay more that's your choice. You waited how long to have a short shift solution for your 6? Can't wait a little longer? Much more whining goes on on this AU forum than I encounter on US boards. Let's simmer down a bit be and be patient. Honestly if you had bought direct from me I wouldn't even consider refunding you after reading that.

Thanks,
    Jamie

Here's the deal
    IT's Bullshit.
    AS for whining on AU forums that would be an opinion you best keep to yourself! as i see most ppl aren't on tthis forum or other australian forums bitching to often.UNless the obvious shit happens then the ppl involved have every right to state it. Notice i was 1 of 5 from the 10th of april. Made payment on the 2nd of may. As for mod's pretty happy with what i have, Don't need a short shifter that badly that i got to jump through hoops of a retailer to get one. I 'm a consumer,
    in this country we have laws that cover consumer's rights. Return defective items no matter what the seller's policy. The consumer is entitled to a refund, repair or an exchange if the product is defective, and you can enforce these rights even if the store claims that "all sales are final." Don't even **** with me.
    The bottom line is i have asked what was happening through E-mails and a phone call. recieved a part that doesn't match the discription. You bet i am Pissed off!! Sent e-mails to Daniel, parts in stock, ON MPS garage site.
    and your telling me ppl carn't tell the difference from a mps 3 to a 6 item.
    ;;your obviously in the wrong game. A mistake has been made and bad luck for me- When HONESTY would have proven the right way to go and Say you ****ed up and We are waiting for stock. Anyway .......... the results are proportionate to the effort put in
    I waisted enough time folloowing up with this post. let alone what will actually happen with this effort to get parts.
    Personally I've lost all interest in a short shifter after all the hassel. enjoy your weekend and have a nice week.

13. Default

Isnt there an alternative place to source the short shift plates for the 6 from the forum ... maybe in Qld even

Here I found a link of a fellow 6er reviewing it MPS6 shift plate
    Last edited by blackbetty; 23-05-2010 at 08:29 PM.

You may have been #5 in this thread but you have know idea if you were one of the first five orders. You know we only had 5 coming over and more on the way.
    I'm sure you've never made a mistakes before. I have know idea if MPS is reading this or how they are going to handle it. Hope you get your money back.

Jamie

Slightly off topic JBarone, but do you know when all the shift plate update kits will be supplied?? I have been waiting for mine for quite some time now.....especially when my initial purchase was in December last year.
    Cheers,
    Ad.

1st and foremost. I would like to thank Aron from mps garage for the phone call first thing this morning and sorting Me out. very much appreciated. To any that read my post and found it to be abusive and insulting, i do appologize, To jamie baron for trying to provide a specilized part, thanks for your efforts .I am well aware of the difficulties involved in the process of development, production and retail. But not at my Expense, inclusive of piece of mind and energy. Admitedly i over-reacted, based on the pst performance MPS garage have delivered a good product, responsive and kept me informed , truely i am a patient Man( doing pushups in the corner) but my experience to date with shippments from companies and the lose of items by australia post, has left a bitter taste and a reactionary mentality. Generally australians will not react straight away over stuff, case of statisical reasoning and is taken advantage of these days, which in my eye's is u n exceptable. OK big thanks to Aron who's disarmed me, By sending out a 6 item and a return postal pack!!! Yeh man !! that's fwhat i want A BIG Follow through- with service and Support. nearly makes me feel guilty for being a real prick.
    Thanks man i am one really happy ****er. Find humility or be humiliated. WOW , Thanks.

Dont beat yourself up dude, you wouldnt have received all the good attention if you had not gone bananas in here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Slightly off topic JBarone, but do you know when all the shift plate update kits will be supplied?? I have been waiting for mine for quite some time now.....especially when my initial purchase was in December last year.
    Cheers,
    Ad.
    I have an e-mail in to MPS so I'm hopeful it will be soon. Shoot them another e-mail if you have the time.

Thanks,
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Dont beat yourself up dude, you wouldnt have received all the good attention if you had not gone bananas in here lol.
    Lol not happening at this end of the deal. INtelligence is inclusive, So i must consiider the partnership of jbaron and MPS to provide aftermarket parts and service and in that i can appreciate benifits. and the difficulties . Well i recieved the shifter this arvo. NOW that's good service and follow up... Thanks to Aron. legenda = latin for "to be written about"
    NOw to fit it. hehe.
    i live under the stars of the southern cross.... Eureka, origin of the Diggers...and mateship The foundation of Australian Democray. where the **** are ya
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile Replacement j barone kits for mps3 11

Just wondering Aron if I will be getting the replaqcement kit in the near future , no panic just would like an up date

Col

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast