User Tag List

Thread: 2015 Porsche will build the 918 if buyers commit!

Default 2015 Porsche will build the 918 if buyers commit!

PORSCHE MAY BE set to take a line from the film Field of Dreams, albeit in reverse; "if they come, we will build it".

Speaking with British magazine Autocar, Porsche CEO Michael Macht confirmed that his company is committed to bringing its Porsche 918 Spyder hybrid to production - if buyers commit to it.

"There is no one inside Porsche who doesn't want to build the 918," he said. "The response has been marvellous; we will ask buyers to sign letters of intent."

[Source: TMR]
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Blog Entries

God thats hot

That's offtap mate!!!....I'd buy one if I had a ridiculous amount of money.

Default Yes please !!

Does it come with a unloosable licence ??????

Col

clear rims....love to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post

Col
    If you could afford to buy the car you could afford to pay off any cop who pulled you over.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post

Col
    Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    If you could afford to buy the car you could afford to pay off any cop who pulled you over.
    As DISI said, if you can afford you can probably also afford to have one in Germany for Autobahn top speed runs

I think I might need a bit more than a lotto win for this one
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I WANT!!

ps, need some fresh pants now

I'm not sure if I should say this amongst such an upwelling of rampant enthusiasm but, while some angles are OK, it looks a bit like a jet landed on a vacuum cleaner. There are just too many conflicting lines, but I see few German cars where that isn't the case. Gratifyingly, the more recent Mercedes seem to have softened some of their lines.

Oh my GOD!

Love it...., Ferrari who, Lambo who, B.Veyron who?

That is one very nice piece of automobile.

Where do I sigh a letter of intent? I've got 5 years to come up with the $$$...!

tissue anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    tissue anyone?

*cough* stole front end off ferrari f430 *cough*

There are some stupid things happening in auto design these days. Now with electric cars around the corner, manufacturers of performance versions are trying to figure out how to make the silent electric cars sound "sporty", instead of dead silent, and not just to alert blind or deaf people to their presence. Both Mercedes and Porsche are devoting gray matter to this "problem".

Another solution looking for a problem, in my view. Do we still try to make todays computers sound like electro-mechanical calculators or type-writers, or iPods like gramophones?

There is far too much noise pollution in the world. The greatest benefit of everyone going electric would be the relative peace it would bring to burgeoning traffic noise. If I could get every bloody Harley-Davidson and stick them in a heap and burn them, along with some of their noise-addicted, "look at me" owners, that would be the best possible start.

Stupidest current idea of all is this idiot tendency of some manufacturers to install "start" buttons. Christ, didn't we just get rid of them all in the 60-70's? I've had them in my old Citroen, Jaguars and many other cars. All it does is give you two hand movements when one currently does the job, as well as linking the start control with the steering lock which seems eminently sensible, and is ergonomically well-situated.

In car design, there really is nothing new under the sun. Old ideas are sometimes made better now by application of new manufacturing methods, compounds and some technologies, but the basics remain very much the same. You won't get away from personal transport in a box on wheels - not because it is necessarily the best idea but because it basically works and has liberated most people from being stuck in one place for their lives and work. We've had steam, producer-gas, petrol, hydrogen, diesel and electric cars since ~1900. The fuel cell is the next thing and represents a major step forward due to the cell technology itself, but the shell, a box on wheels, remains much the same.

Some might dream of flying cars but it is a wasted dream. We can't stop from hitting things or each other in two dimensions now. The accident rate and death toll from the average wally being incapable of operating in three dimensions would boggle the mind.

For example, refer http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...eIHGsgLlz5jt9K
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 13-03-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

All I can say is EW!!

Dead neptune that is the worst looking "car" I have ever seen. Lots of money doesn't buy you good taste...

(Just my opinion)

Fark ! ! ! Thats beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Fark ! ! ! Thats beautiful

20. Default

All i can say, is that's is a VAST improvement over the Panemera and Cayenne.... wharf!